Personal finances

Description of your first forum.
LibraryLady

Personal finances

Postby LibraryLady » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:22 pm

Are you like this guy?

My husband is--and he hates it when we have to visit the financial planner for an update. He'd rather have a beating.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

GFB

Re: Personal finances

Postby GFB » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:08 pm

My wife and I have regular financial meetings..we're about to have one now.

Basically, 3 or 4 nights a week we have a little "parlor party"...as she calls it..and we talk about what we're doing..what we want to do next..and a lot about more distant future plans..

We both love talking about finances..maybe that's because the only financial planner we have..is US!!
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:21 am

GFB wrote:My wife and I have regular financial meetings..we're about to have one now.

Basically, 3 or 4 nights a week we have a little "parlor party"...as she calls it..and we talk about what we're doing..what we want to do next..and a lot about more distant future plans..

We both love talking about finances..maybe that's because the only financial planner we have..is US!!

3 or 4 times a week!!!! Really????
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:42 am

planosteve wrote:
GFB wrote:My wife and I have regular financial meetings..we're about to have one now.

3 or 4 times a week!!!! Really????

Yes..in fact..any night that we are both home and have some free time to relax.

If you enjoy talking about something, you do it a lot..and in the case of finances, doing it often allows things to never get away from you, and you can keep things neat and tidy. We talk about other things at our little meetings as well.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:09 pm

I HATE it, too, but my husband won't do my planning for me. "You need to get confidence in what you do." I have confidence and still hate it!

crackertoes

Postby crackertoes » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:23 pm

We talk generally frequently, and look at the specifics at least once per month. Can't make long-range plans if you don't have a good grasp on what's happening today.
Some coffee cups are just too small.Image

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:26 pm

What could be more fun to talk about than money?

Zelda

Postby Zelda » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:46 pm

We have regular discussions on whats what financially. Now OH has retired we can make or change plans with more flexibility, so we have to know money is available from somewhere and not all tied up when we may need some.
Once a month maybe....and a couple of times a year we check on longer term investments.

Return to “Your first forum”