Roadside vendors

Description of your first forum.
crocmommy

Re: Roadside vendors

Postby crocmommy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:16 pm

I'm always on the lookout for unshelled peas of any sort...

Trixie

Postby Trixie » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:38 pm

crocmommy wrote:Actually, I was hoping people would start answering my original question...

Oops. Sorry...I will stop for Tyler roses when I'm in the area. Have in the past stopped for produce, but if ever along the coast, I just could never stop for shrimp. Years ago you would see farmers along the side of the road selling tomatoes, et al but not so much anymore. I'm assuming everyone has moved on to farmer markets.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:06 am

Trixie wrote:
crocmommy wrote:Actually, I was hoping people would start answering my original question...

Oops. Sorry...I will stop for Tyler roses when I'm in the area. Have in the past stopped for produce, but if ever along the coast, I just could never stop for shrimp. Years ago you would see farmers along the side of the road selling tomatoes, et al but not so much anymore. I'm assuming everyone has moved on to farmer markets.

I usually see a few places selling tomatoes, etc on the way down to Cedar Creek Lake/Athens. If you ever get a chance to buy Fairfield area peaches, I highly recommend them. They are the best!

bodine

Postby bodine » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:33 am

The summer of my high school graduation; a buddy and I went to DeLeon and picked a pickup load of peaches to sell on the side of the road...

Two days later; we had made a profit of $15 each; not exactly what we hoped for...

truep

Postby truep » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:18 am

I used to buy shrimp from a roadside vendor. He brought them up from the coast twice a week. They were so fresh that some of them were still alive!
They were inexpensive and GOOD EATS!

bodine

Postby bodine » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:42 am

truep wrote:I used to buy shrimp from a roadside vendor. He brought them up from the coast twice a week. They were so fresh that some of them were still alive!

I would be scared to death to buy seafood from a roadside vendor; and my trepidation would increase in proportion to the distance from the coast.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:05 am

truep wrote:I used to buy shrimp from a roadside vendor. He brought them up from the coast twice a week. They were so fresh that some of them were still alive!

Where did you buy them from? My dad bought from a guy who sold off of Valley View Ln in North Irving...pretty much country back then.

truep

Postby truep » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:41 pm

crocmommy wrote:

Where did you buy them from? My dad bought from a guy who sold off of Valley View Ln in North Irving...pretty much country back then.

that was the general area, sometimes he was on Beltline too. I was wary at first, but when I saw them moving around, I was sold! They were really good, and pretty big too.

Return to “Your first forum”