Sports playoffs

Description of your first forum.
LibraryLady

Sports playoffs

Postby LibraryLady » Mon May 09, 2016 1:08 pm

Our grandson plays baseball with the Pflugerville HS.
The team has advanced the area/regional playoffs. We were able to see one of the games last Saturday. It was best 2 of 3 and the Pflugerville team beat an Austin HS team.

Up next is the 6A playoffs. His team will play in College Station on Thursday, Friday and possibly Saturday.
http://txhighschoolbaseball.com/6a/6a-area-playoff-schedule/

I just went over to book a hotel room. Joy of joys--the dates overlap A&M graduation, so the hotel prices are sky high.
We are leaving the area for a better price. That may be a good idea 'cause the hotels will be filled with people celebrating--perhaps celebrating a bit too much. ;)

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

crocmommy

Re: Sports playoffs

Postby crocmommy » Mon May 09, 2016 1:54 pm

You might consider Navasota. It's a smaller town outside of College Station. Might be some B&B's in the area too.

While you're down there, have you ever been to Washington on the Brazos. Lots of history there. I've been once.

Jami

Postby Jami » Mon May 09, 2016 2:40 pm

Good luck to your grandon's team. I know they have having a blast.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Mon May 09, 2016 3:03 pm

We got a room in Buffalo, as it will be enroute back home when we are done.

Have never made it to Washington on the Brazos. ...maybe I can get H to detour over there before we come home.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon May 09, 2016 6:45 pm

Sounds like fun; good luck! I hope y'all have good weather.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Tue May 10, 2016 7:38 am

At one point, a few years ago, spring break got out of hand in Port Aransas. I wasn't taking the grands into that rowdy mess again. So, Carrin and I took all the grands on a "Texas History" tour that week. We needed two BIG cars! We also took them to Hamilton Pool. One child was "grounded" by ex daughter-in-law but I told her that I would have her take a note book and camera. She'd have to do a report on each place we visisted. I thought she'd rebel after one or two places, but ALL the kids got involved. It ended up a great "photo" album. We had a blast!

PS Port Aransas really cleaned up spring break and while still fun, every LE agency is there and patrolling. The kids are still there but so are the families.

Orphie

Postby Orphie » Tue May 10, 2016 10:00 am

That is neato.
Zephyr thinks he's smart. He said onions are the only food that makes him cry. So I threw a coconut at his face.

bodine

Postby bodine » Tue May 10, 2016 10:49 pm

Welcome to the mess that is BCS...

Traffic will be terrible, with all the parents in town.

Good luck, are they playing at Olson, CSHS, or A&MCHS?

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Wed May 11, 2016 8:13 am

Atascocita HS

--It is a HS from Humble.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:

Return to “Your first forum”