Should they have killed the gorilla?

Description of your first forum.
grouchy

Should they have killed the gorilla?

Postby grouchy » Mon May 30, 2016 9:18 am

Thoughts about the parents?

ralph

Re: Should they have killed the gorilla?

Postby ralph » Mon May 30, 2016 10:41 am

yes of course , gorilla is only a gorilla , kid is HUMAN . Parents , probably a millennial that couldn't control the kid .

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon May 30, 2016 10:42 am

I'm reserving judgement on condemning the parent. How many of us have experienced our own child injuring himself while we were only feet away?

Seems to me that if you are in the business of displaying wild, dangerous animals to the public, it is your responsibility to ensure no one can get in and nothing can get out.

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Mon May 30, 2016 11:12 am

CINCINNATI (AP) — Animal rights activists plan a Memorial Day vigil for the gorilla killed at the Cincinnati Zoo after a 4-year-old boy slipped into an exhibit and a special zoo response team concluded his life was in danger.

Anthony Seta calls the 17-year-old endangered lowland gorilla's death "a senseless tragedy" and says the Monday afternoon gathering is meant as a memorial to Harambe.

There has been a strong outpouring on social media of people upset the gorilla was killed Saturday. A Facebook page called "Justice for Harambe" created Saturday night has drawn wide attention.

Seta says Monday's memorial is meant as a tribute, not to point fingers at the zoo or the boy's parents. The boy hasn't been identified and his family says he is doing fine at home.

Zoo Director Thane Maynard said the zoo's dangerous animal response team decided the boy was in "a life-threatening situation" and that they needed to put down the 400-pound-plus male gorilla named Harambe.

"They made a tough choice and they made the right choice because they saved that little boy's life," Maynard said. "It could have been very bad."

BONUS

It's a joke son,I say a joke

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon May 30, 2016 11:27 am

Black Gorillas Matter

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon May 30, 2016 11:36 am

Sangersteve wrote:
CINCINNATI (AP) — Animal rights activists plan a Memorial Day vigil for the gorilla killed at the Cincinnati Zoo after a 4-year-old boy slipped into an exhibit and a special zoo response team concluded his life was in danger.

Anthony Seta calls the 17-year-old endangered lowland gorilla's death "a senseless tragedy" and says the Monday afternoon gathering is meant as a memorial to Harambe.

There has been a strong outpouring on social media of people upset the gorilla was killed Saturday. A Facebook page called "Justice for Harambe" created Saturday night has drawn wide attention.

Seta says Monday's memorial is meant as a tribute, not to point fingers at the zoo or the boy's parents. The boy hasn't been identified and his family says he is doing fine at home.

Zoo Director Thane Maynard said the zoo's dangerous animal response team decided the boy was in "a life-threatening situation" and that they needed to put down the 400-pound-plus male gorilla named Harambe.

"They made a tough choice and they made the right choice because they saved that little boy's life," Maynard said. "It could have been very bad."

BONUS

So now black people are wanting to be equated with gorillas?
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon May 30, 2016 1:50 pm

--- http://www.people.com/article/cincinnat ... ng-gorilla --- just some info on the mother and this gorilla incident .

PlanoSooner

Postby PlanoSooner » Mon May 30, 2016 4:29 pm

they did the right thing.

and should send her a bill
Better Ingredients..... Better Moderators....

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Mon May 30, 2016 5:44 pm

Video of gorilla dragging child convinced ne he needed to be put down.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Mon May 30, 2016 5:54 pm

It's a joke son,I say a joke

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon May 30, 2016 8:56 pm

Damn..thanks for posting that. All I heard was.."kid fell into gorilla house..gorilla was shot."

I didn't know the kid was touched..and this went way beyond touched..this kid was adopted!
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue May 31, 2016 10:40 am

Gorilla expert said it had to be done. I'll go with that.

crackertoes

Postby crackertoes » Tue May 31, 2016 1:53 pm

Not only yes, but hell yes.

Cannot believe people think an animal's life is greater than a little boy's. Or that the mother should somehow be responsible. The only way that mother could be complicit is if (a) she were drunk and not able to care for her child as any prudent person would, or (b) she threw the boy in the pit. That's it. Anyone who has ever watched a child know that in a nano-second they can be on top of the Empire State Building three thousand miles away before you can say "What the..." It happens. And the correct response is to be grateful that someone at the zoo had the common sense to know what's important and act accordingly.
Some coffee cups are just too small.Image

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Tue May 31, 2016 2:20 pm

Looks like we are all in total agreement.
Very uncommon around here. :D

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue May 31, 2016 6:03 pm

Fact: One human life is worth infinitely more than the lives of 10 billion gorillas.

Anybody that says differently is beyond brain-dead stupid.

(It's no surprise that the complaints come from the typical Lefty sources.)
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Tue May 31, 2016 9:13 pm

At least this story has knocked the transgender bullshit off the news.
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:01 am

I wonder how the dialogue would have changed if they had not shot the gorilla and it ripped the black child to pieces.

glenn/dallas

Postby glenn/dallas » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:22 pm

I watched Wild Kingdom as a youngster with Marlin Perkins and his sidekick Jim Fowler. " Hey Jim, go out in the swamp and kick that water buffalo in the rear to see if it gets angry" I swear this was in a episode.

Jim went on to stay in the business and has had his own show for years and years and his love of wild animals is well known. He has said the zoo did the right thing by putting the gorilla down to ensure the childs safety.. That satisfies me.

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:37 pm

Public opinion hasn't been worth much of a damn since everyone who could look
out a window thought they had an important legal pov about OJ Simpson's
verdict.

Like it or not, the important things were 1. someone must have been asleep somewhere
to have allowed a child to fall into such danger, and 2. Unfortunately for the
gorilla (and fore most of the rest of us), that it had to die bec of someone else's
stupid mistake, and 3. the gorilla never once felt sorry for itself.
All Life is Feudal

Return to “Your first forum”