Cruz should have..

Description of your first forum.
glenn/dallas

Re: Cruz should have..

Postby glenn/dallas » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:25 am

"Mark"] Point of reference: Ronald Reagan did not endorse Gerald Ford when he spoke at the 1976 Republican convention.

RR did not sign a promise to support the nominee as Cruz did.

My thought: Cruz just helped Hillary. "Great Ceasars Ghost" as Perry White would say

kent

Postby kent » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:43 am

Red Oak wrote:As time goes by I think less of Ted, he promised to endorse the nominee as I recall.

I think Ted has crapped in his mess kit, again.

And Levin is approaching Beckian levels of nuttiness.

I agree. I think Cruz showed his true character. I started growing tired of his fake persona long ago. Trump wasn't my choice, I actually voted for Cruz in the primary. Had Cruz gotten the nomination, he would have won TX and that's it. Would have been a Reagan-like landslide win for Hillary.

Trump showed Cruz for who he really is.

Lots of people wanting to take their ball and storm off and go home, rather than vote for Trump. OK, then don't complain about Hillary when she wins and appoints 2-3 Supreme Court justices, and multiple federal judges. the damage to this country has got to stop.

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:55 am

kent wrote:
Red Oak wrote:As time goes by I think less of Ted, he promised to endorse the nominee as I recall.

I agree. I think Cruz showed his true character. I started growing tired of his fake persona long ago. Trump wasn't my choice, I actually voted for Cruz in the primary. Had Cruz gotten the nomination, he would have won TX and that's it. Would have been a Reagan-like landslide win for Hillary.

Lots of people wanting to take their ball and storm off and go home, rather than vote for Trump. OK, then don't complain about Hillary when she wins and appoints 2-3 Supreme Court justices, and multiple federal judges. the damage to this country has got to stop.

---------------------------- yep , --- and its not going to stop with hilary as the harm will just accelerate and hurt future generations . And if hilary damage does happen after all the obama damage i don't see how it can ever be fixed .

Mark

Postby Mark » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:19 pm

What are all of the Trumpaholics on this board going to do when he fails to deliver on all of his wild promises?

And I must also point out that Trump is the 8th Republican presidential nominee in a row that is NOT a conservative.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:51 pm

On the other hand, Cruz reminded people with short memories about the kind of guy Lyin' Whinin' Truump is.

Backfired on whom?

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:53 pm

just interesting tidbit , Duck Commander tells the Cruz to grow up . --- http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/07/ ... p-already/ ---

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:07 pm

yeah , watching FOX BUSINESS , Ted Cruz is taking a beating . Talk is about his lies and failures concerning pledges to support the nominee plus more issues . Check out FOX business .

MikeyDavis

Postby MikeyDavis » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:33 pm

Mark wrote:Point of reference: Ronald Reagan did not endorse Gerald Ford when he spoke at the 1976 Republican convention.

After all of Donald Trump's dirty, nasty, filthy attacks on Ted Cruz's wife, after all of Donald Trump's dirty, nasty, filthy attacks on Ted Cruz's father, after all of that inane Lyin' Ted bullshit, what exactly did everybody expect Ted Cruz to do?

Reagan did come out and supported the Republican platform and told the convention we must come out of the convention united to win . Here is whole speech and it was supportive of winning without using word endorsement. At around 6:40 minute mark he asks for unity. Very classy even though it was also a rough primary Cruz should have done the same. Cruz is no Reagan.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4518663/reag ... show-clips

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:43 pm

No. No. No.

With Obama's careful planting, in spite of an incorrigible congress, with Hilary's careful tending -- along with a democratic congress; maybe we can undo some of the horrible damage inflicted upon us by W. Of course that will take, at the best, 50 to a hundred years.

And we can always get *DDT to make Guantanamo a modern and impressive Incarnational Gambling site. The "Trump VanderGitmore" or some such paranoid, delusional thing.

*Dangerously demented Trump

ralph wrote:
kent wrote:

---------------------------- yep , --- and its not going to stop with hilary as the harm will just accelerate and hurt future generations . And if hilary damage does happen after all the obama damage i don't see how it can ever be fixed .
All Life is Feudal

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:43 pm

It looked to me like the Texas delegation was cheering Cruz, and a lot of other people, too.

Mark

Postby Mark » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:10 pm

jellowrestling wrote:It looked to me like the Texas delegation was cheering Cruz, and a lot of other people, too.

When I heard the recording of Cruz addressing the Texas delegation this morning, all I heard was cheers.

Ted Cruz told everybody in the room last night to vote for candidates that will defend freedom and the Constitution. What does it say about the Trumpaholics that they are so pissed off about that? I guess they really do know that the Trump candidacy has nothing to do with freedom or the Constitution.

GFB

Postby GFB » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:30 pm

Bottom line is..at this point, Cruz wants Trump to lose so Cruz can have a shot at Hillary in 2020.

I don't think so.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

kent

Postby kent » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:43 pm

GFB wrote:Bottom line is..at this point, Cruz wants Trump to lose so Cruz can have a shot at Hillary in 2020.

I don't think so.

Hillary or Chelsea

I'm not a "trumpaholic", far from it. Tell me which of the promises Cruz would have kept:

1) repeal Obamacare
2) abolish the IRS
3) eliminate Welfare
4) eliminate the DOE
5) eliminate the EPA

None of that is going to ever happen, ever.

What WILL happen is the overwhelming liberal agenda on the supreme court so that the Constitution is interpreted however they wish, if Hillary is elected.

Mark

Postby Mark » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:02 pm

Cruz already tried to defund Obamacare, but his own party sandbagged him.

kent

Postby kent » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:14 pm

Mark wrote:Cruz already tried to defund Obamacare, but his own party sandbagged him.

He knew full well that would never happen.

Mark

Postby Mark » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:28 pm

Cruz has kept every promise he made to me when he was running for senator. He has given me absolutely no reason to believe it would have been any different as president.

Integrity is a rare commodity in Washington. I guess that is why Senator Cruz is so hated there.

GFB

Postby GFB » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:32 pm

Mark wrote:Cruz has kept every promise he made to me when he was running for senator. He has given me absolutely no reason to believe it would have been any different as president.

Integrity is a rare commodity in Washington. I guess that is why Senator Cruz is so hated there.

What's even more rare, is getting booed off the stage and publicly humiliated by your own party.

Like I said, he should have phoned it in..what a dope.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

kent

Postby kent » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:25 pm

GFB wrote:
Mark wrote:Cruz has kept every promise he made to me when he was running for senator. He has given me absolutely no reason to believe it would have been any different as president.

What's even more rare, is getting booed off the stage and publicly humiliated by your own party.

He should have turned down the offer to speak.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:54 pm

kent wrote:
GFB wrote:

He should have turned down the offer to speak.

His ego is too big to do that.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:42 am

In the ego department, Cruz is barely a Trump starter kit.

Return to “Your first forum”