BigTex

Why is nobody asking . . .

Postby BigTex » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:53 pm

Who brings a BABY to a political rally?

GFB

Re: Why is nobody asking . . .

Postby GFB » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:00 pm

Doesn't seem strange to me.

I see the tiniest babies on overnight flights on a regular basis.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:44 am

I've seen babies in "the darnedest places" because the parents did not want a babysitter.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:51 am

I will say one thing...it is a HUGE pain in the ass to find a sitter these days....and when you do it's not cheap. $10 an hour for my two....but they are bigger so I just end up taking them. But I have pretty much quit going to Ranger games because it's not worth the hassle of taking two kids who are bored and not interested once we run out of food.

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:19 am

I should have said "Can't find sitter" or "Don't want sitter."

One of the most difficult things of motherhood (at least in my case) was child care during the work day and a sitter in the evening hours.
Often, after calling a dozen people to find someone to watch the child so you could enjoy an adult evening, the joy was sucked out of the event.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:28 pm

LibraryLady2 wrote:I should have said "Can't find sitter" or "Don't want sitter."

One of the most difficult things of motherhood (at least in my case) was child care during the work day and a sitter in the evening hours.
Often, after calling a dozen people to find someone to watch the child so you could enjoy an adult evening, the joy was sucked out of the event.

Seemed like there were more teenagers around to babysit when I was growing up. Heck, I wanted to babysit to make some $$$$ when I was growing up in the 70's. Do kids have time for that or want to anymore?

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:45 pm

I have no idea about today's teenagers and baby sitting.

Our son is 40, so I long ago was able to give up that worry.

glenn/dallas

Postby glenn/dallas » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:00 pm

GFB wrote:Doesn't seem strange to me.

Perfectly logical to me. They might be on their way to visit Grandmother for the first time or for all that matters for any time The engine noise sooths the baby to sleep, hopefully, and mom gets a bit of a rest.

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:15 pm

glenn/dallas wrote:
GFB wrote:Doesn't seem strange to me.

Perfectly logical to me. They might be on their way to visit Grandmother for the first time or for all that matters for any time The engine noise sooths the baby to sleep, hopefully, and mom gets a bit of a rest.

When I say "over night" flights..I mean flight of 10 to 12 hours or more.

Those people aren't going to grandma's.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:10 am

Other than using daycare while we worked, we never hired a baby sitter for our kid. We took her everywhere we went. If we didn't think a place or event was appropriate for a baby or a child, then we didn't go ourselves.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

By popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:08 am

Mark wrote: If we didn't think a place or event was appropriate for a baby or a child, then we didn't go ourselves.

Novel concept.

Of course, nothing says "baby friendly" like a political rally.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:12 pm

when I had kids 40 years ago a sitter aged maybe 14 years old was a half buck an hour and I remember when it went to a buck . Plus my kids and the babysitter had access to stuff we bought as goodies for that particular night . Plus my kids , in particular the girl was well behaved and the sitters liked her .

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:03 pm

We never had babysitters for our kids.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:34 am

You had grandparents available. We didn't, they were in Pennsylvania. Neither my husband or I had a relative in all of Texas. We had a maid...that came onceor twice a week. If we had to go somewhere, mostly for business purposes she'd stay. Her boyfriend would come and help with the kids when he got off work. The kids loved both her and her boyfriend or I should probably say "Her gentleman friend". They were like family. An older neighbor was also available in an emergency, and sometimes when one of the kids needed a little more attention, she'd come over and take that child home with her for koolaid and cookies. She just died two weeks ago. She was 93. When you have 4 kids in 4 and a half years, sometimes one needs a little more attention. It was a treat to go to Mz Ann's. She loved the kids, too. She was so anxious to have grandchildren.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:10 am

Before I got my two girls, I offered to help a few people with kids....a cousin especially for free. Now that I have kids, I can't believe they never took me up on it. I would love to have another younger family member to help me with my kids. My mother is not up to helping much anymore.

Return to “Your first forum”