You will be hearing a lot more about this...Melania's immigration history

Description of your first forum.
Kiamichi

Re: You will be hearing a lot more about this...Melania's immigration history

Postby Kiamichi » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:10 pm

Red Oak wrote:If it is true.....I say finding a Marraige Liecense would be better than finding the "husband"'who could very well be paid to lie.

I very strongly suspect he was paid to lie back in 2001. Everything about this case smells of common or garden immigration marriage fraud but Trump may benefit from the fact that most Americans are completely clueless about immigration and nationality law. Fraud has always been the norm with regard to marriage visas but this could be the first time we have an illegal alien as First Lady.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:28 pm

I strongly suspect this is silliness.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:37 pm

Some relevant law about rescission of naturalization in the case of people who obtain legal permanent residence by fraud (legal permanent resident status is a prerequisite for naturalization as a U. S. citizen, except in very rare cases that could not possibly pertain to Melania). Also, I believe that if there is a ruling that a person has committed immigration marriage fraud he or she is permanently barred from immigrating, so Donald could not file a visa petition for her at this point.

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB ... -7981.html

(b) Any person who has become a naturalized citizen of the United States upon the basis of a record of a lawful admission for permanent residence, created as a result of an adjustment of status for which such person was not in fact eligible, and which is subsequently rescinded under subsection (a) of this section, shall be subject to the provisions of section 340 of this Act as a person whose naturalization was procured by concealment of a material fact or by willful misrepresentation.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:41 pm

GFB wrote:I strongly suspect this is silliness.

It is very clear law and there are very strong grounds for suspecting that it was violated. Quite a contrast to the birther foolishness that we heard so much of on this and the previous board. Immigration lawyers are probably 100% Democrats and you can bet the DNC is being flooded with good free advice right now. It's going to be a rough ride for Trump if he stays in the race.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:47 pm

Kiamichi wrote:

It is very clear law and there are very strong grounds for suspecting that it was violated. Quite a contrast to the birther foolishness that we heard so much of on this and the previous board. Immigration lawyers are probably 100% Democrats and you can bet the DNC is being flooded with good free advice right now. It's going to be a rough ride for Trump if he stays in the race.

Very strong grounds?

Why..because you read it in some left wing newspaper?

Forget the stupid immigration laws..nobody cares.

True or untrue, if the media, who are in full destroy mode in terms of Trump, can use this against him, they will.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:53 pm

GFB wrote:
Kiamichi wrote:

Very strong grounds?

True or untrue, if the media, who are in full destroy mode in terms of Trump, can use this against him, they will.

So you are suddenly unconcerned about illegal immigration?

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:04 pm

Kiamichi wrote:
GFB wrote:
Kiamichi wrote:

Very strong grounds?

So you are suddenly unconcerned about illegal immigration?

No, I just know this only matters if the press decides to use it in their anti Trump arsenal.

And even if it's true ( I doubt it).. it will be extremely difficult for Democrats and the media to suddenly decide illegal immigration is serious business.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:08 pm

Kiamichi, see what I mean?

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:21 pm

I don't blame the Democrats at all for getting back at the Republicans by capitalizing on this probably genuine scandal after all the silly and deliberately dishonest crap that was dumped on them about Obama's birthplace.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:28 pm

Remember, Trump was the only Republican candidate to claim that Obama was born in Kenya. I saw him being ridiculed on Fox News about this, in what I believe was the only time the subject was ever mentioned on that network.

eta: The reason I remember is that Obama in a moment of frustration lashed out at Fox for questioning his citizenship on a daily basis and reporters were unable to find any other record of them mentioning such a thing.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:30 pm

Wouldn't Melaina have qualified for a H1B type Visa or an O1 Visa if she were a professional model ?

If we were inundated with 30 million illegal alien Slovienian Models of Melaina quality I might favor amnesty :lol:

I am a never Hillaryite!

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:36 pm

Kiamichi wrote:Remember, Trump was the only Republican candidate to claim that Obama was born in Kenya. I saw him being ridiculed on Fox News about this, in what I believe was the only time the subject was ever mentioned on that network.

eta: The reason I remember is that Obama in a moment of frustration lashed out at Fox for questioning his citizenship on a daily basis and reporters were unable to find any other record of them mentioning such a thing.

You're bringing up birther stuff?

I'm sorry..no one cares about that either.

You're starting to sound a bit desperate..not sure why you are.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:38 pm

Red Oak wrote:Wouldn't Melaina have qualified for a H1B type Visa or an O1 Visa if she were a professional model ?

If we were inundated with 30 million illegal alien Slovienian Models of Melaina quality I might favor amnesty :lol:

And also, supermodels tend to not drag down wages, or send our culture into the toilet.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:46 pm

Yeah, but... :D

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Red Oak wrote:Wouldn't Melaina have qualified for a H1B type Visa or an O1 Visa if she were a professional model ?

It seems pretty well established that she had an H1b after doing the photo shoot while here on a tourist visa. The campaign could shrug off the matter of her working here illegally on a tourist visa. That is a violation of the terms of admission and grounds for deportation but not itself a criminal offense (although entering the U. S. as a tourist with the intention of working is a misdemeanor).

The big story here, though, is how she got legal permanent resident ("green card") status, which entitles an immigrant to apply for naturalization after five years, or after three years in the case of a marriage visa. Realistically, the only way was by marrying a U. S. citizen or legal permanent resident. Trump has denied that she was married before, and the time line makes her naturalization impossible if he himself immigrated her as his wife. The former lawyer has said she immigrated through a marriage in 2001 but claims not to know the details. She has simply said that she "applied for" a green card, as though it were as simple as that. (Why don't the millions of aliens in the country simply "apply for" a green card?)

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:00 pm

A primer on marriage fraud. Between 1998 and 2007 more than 2.3 million foreigners were granted permanent residence in the United States as spouses of U. S. citizens.

http://cis.org/marriagefraud

Marriage to an American citizen remains the most common path to U.S. residency and/or citizenship for foreign nationals, with more than 2.3 million foreign nationals gaining lawful permanent resident (LPR) status in this manner between 1998 and 2007.

More than 25 percent of all green cards issued in 2007 were to the spouses of American citizens. In 2006 and 2007 there were nearly twice as many green cards issued to the spouses of American citizens than were issued for all employment-based immigration categories combined. The number of foreign nationals obtaining green cards based on marriage to an American has more than doubled since 1985, and has quintupled since 1970.

Despite these statistics, marriage fraud for the purpose of immigration gets very little notice or debate in the public arena and the State Department and Department of Homeland Security have nowhere near the resources needed to combat the problem. Attention to fraud is not just for the integrity of the legal immigration system, but also for security reasons. If small-time con artists and Third-World gold-diggers can obtain green cards with so little resistance, then surely terrorists can do (and have done) the same.

An overwhelming percentage of all petitions to bring foreign spouses or fiancés to the United States illegally (or to help them adjust visa status if they are already in the United States on non-immigrant visas) are approved — even in cases where the couple may only have met over the Internet, and may not even share a common language.

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:50 am

It is my understanding that immigration takes the marriage fraud very seriously.

We have friends who came here, already married, in 1996 or 1997.
Even they were taken into separate rooms and interviewed to determine that the marriage was legal and was not done to help the immigration status. He already had all his papers in order to come (on a student visa) when they married and she had to scurry around and get her papers. IIRC, he ended up coming in August (to get enrolled in the University etc.) and she followed in October when she finally got her papers completed.

It took a very long time for them to get all the papers done to become citizens.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

glenn/dallas

Postby glenn/dallas » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:20 am

When Melania is the one running for office, I'll give a hoot about this. As the canditates third wife, no interest here,at all.

glenn/dallas

Postby glenn/dallas » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:21 am

glenn/dallas wrote:When Melania is the one running for office, I'll give a hoot about this. As the canditates third wife, no interest here,at all.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:19 pm

The press frenzy is just getting underway, most reporters still haven't tumbled to the fact that the story is the apparent green card marriage sham rather than the piddling business of working without a proper visa.

Someone has noticed that Donald and Melania were a couple as far back as 1998, yet she (according to their lawyer, who has now clammed up after saying he could not get clarification from the Trumps) in 2001 gained permanent resident (green card) status based on her marriage to some USC that no one has heard of before. He will inevitably be identified. He is probably safe from prosecution due to the statute of limitations, and is in a position to profit by either talking or keeping quiet. It will be interesting to see if they bothered to get a divorce.

Of course it is theoretically possible she secretly married Donald in 2001 but I won't be betting any money on that.

http://www.dailynewsbin.com/news/green- ... 005/25557/

Perhaps it should be said that Wildes tried to obscure the issue, rather than trying to clarify it. He chose to ignore Melania’s immigration and work record in the 1990s by shifting the focus to the next decade, pointing to the “marriage” green card that she acquired back in 2001. But that’s problematic because Melania’s official story has always been that she never married anyone before Donald. And since they were seen dating as far back as 1998, she would have had to have married some other U.S. citizen after having been dating Donald for three years – and she would have had to have applied for a green card based on her marriage to the other guy.

Return to “Your first forum”