Visiting Rio

Description of your first forum.
LibraryLady2

Visiting Rio

Postby LibraryLady2 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:49 pm

Have you developed a desire to visit RIo after the past 2 weeks?

For me--not so much.

However, I still would like to take a boat up the Amazon and see the creatures and fish.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

Red Oak

Re: Visiting Rio

Postby Red Oak » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:53 pm

Go to Uruguay - much nicer :D

I am a never Hillaryite!

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:56 pm

After hearing about Lochte the swimmer getting robbed, any desire I had is gone. That pretty much includes Mexico, Central and South America too. Maybe by the time I can actually afford to go, things will be better.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:22 pm

I have no desire to go visit any large city.

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:40 pm

Amazon river might be nice but i hear that 'rio' is pretty third worldy with lots of violence . No reason to ever leave the USA in my opinion . Lots of rivers , lakes , trees and everything else in the USA and the USA is pretty safe with no language barriers .

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:03 pm

I don't even like having to go to Oak Cliff every day.

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:34 pm

LibraryLady2 wrote:Have you developed a desire to visit RIo after the past 2 weeks?

For me--not so much.

However, I still would like to take a boat up the Amazon and see the creatures and fish.

There are parts of South America I like..I can do without Brazil.

But..creatures and fish?

That's what zoos and aquariums are for..and I enjoy both.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:35 pm

Red Oak wrote:Go to Uruguay - much nicer :D

You've said that before.

What is it you like about the place?

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:47 pm

North Carolina on the coast, Kansas in the interior - and a crap ton of game birds.

I am a never Hillaryite!

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:49 pm

Red Oak wrote:North Carolina on the coast, Kansas in the interior - and a crap ton of game birds.

I did really enjoy Punta del Este.

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:55 pm

checkout the Columbia River , nice , huge river . Entrance to the river or to or from the Pacific ocean is the Columbia River Bar and is supposed to be very dangerous [graveyard of the Pacific]. Ocean going boats and ships go up the river quite a ways as its a big river . I want to see the Mississipi river from the river banks . See Lake Superior and the other Great lakes where i grew up as there is lots to see there . Really interesting in early winter as the ice volcanoes and ice caves start to form on the beaches in the Upper Peninsula around December or January . ------------------ 50 below zero so its pretty cool L.L..

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:59 am

Our next door neighbor is from Uruguay. We've been blessed with wonderful neighbors no matter where we've lived, but he and his wife are my favorite neighbors. They go to visit his parents once a year and his parents come here once a year. The pictures are beautiful. His wife is from Louisiana and they met when she was in medical school in Memphis. She was searching for a church. He was a member of the church she chose. They are people who live their christianity daily. They are fun people with a gentle humor. When Steve had his knee replacement surgery, instead of sending flowers, they sent their yard crew. What timing! Steve and I were arguing over him going out to mow (his incision hadn't healed, yet). He really doesn't want anyone using his John Deere. Just then the doorbell rang and it was the crew. In the thank you note, I told them they hit a home run! They really are the only neighbors Steve socializes with. When Steve was so ill with his low blood sugar, Matt would come over and stay with him while I went to get groceries and Rxs. I would love to go to Uruguay after googling it and seeing their pics. I had said once "I don't think I could stand not seeing a grandchild for such a long time, but they do facetime every week.

Return to “Your first forum”