Ancient castle hidden in plain sight

Description of your first forum.
LibraryLady2

Ancient castle hidden in plain sight

Postby LibraryLady2 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:09 am

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

grouchy

Re: Ancient castle hidden in plain sight

Postby grouchy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:25 pm

Very interesting. Thank you.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:37 am

My granddaughters are obcessed with mashed potatoes. It's like a cult. It's the recipe from Kevin McCarthy's board. I don't really like potatoes. If sliced and fried with onions....well, those are OK, but they have to be really, really crisp. One granddaughter said that bit of Irish in the kids is the reason they love mashed potatoes. I told her sometimes, traits skip a generation and I'm that generation. But I love teasing them about their love of mashed potatoes and gladly make it for them. I'd make a huge quantity and put it in 8x8 disposable pans to take back to the dorm. So, some were here yesterday and I made a brisket but NO MASHED POTATOES. Younger son took pity on them and while using a full bag of Yukon Gold potatoes, (that I was going to use for German potato salad), made a humongus bowl (s) of mashed potatoes! No German potato salad!

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:58 pm

ann jusko wrote:My granddaughters are obcessed with mashed potatoes. It's like a cult. It's the recipe from Kevin McCarthy's board. I don't really like potatoes. If sliced and fried with onions....well, those are OK, but they have to be really, really crisp. One granddaughter said that bit of Irish in the kids is the reason they love mashed potatoes. I told her sometimes, traits skip a generation and I'm that generation. But I love teasing them about their love of mashed potatoes and gladly make it for them. I'd make a huge quantity and put it in 8x8 disposable pans to take back to the dorm. So, some were here yesterday and I made a brisket but NO MASHED POTATOES. Younger son took pity on them and while using a full bag of Yukon Gold potatoes, (that I was going to use for German potato salad), made a humongus bowl (s) of mashed potatoes! No German potato salad!

Huh???? Does this go with castles?

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:11 pm

crocmommy wrote:
ann jusko wrote:My granddaughters are obcessed with mashed potatoes. It's like a cult. It's the recipe from Kevin McCarthy's board. I don't really like potatoes. If sliced and fried with onions....well, those are OK, but they have to be really, really crisp. One granddaughter said that bit of Irish in the kids is the reason they love mashed potatoes. I told her sometimes, traits skip a generation and I'm that generation. But I love teasing them about their love of mashed potatoes and gladly make it for them. I'd make a huge quantity and put it in 8x8 disposable pans to take back to the dorm. So, some were here yesterday and I made a brisket but NO MASHED POTATOES. Younger son took pity on them and while using a full bag of Yukon Gold potatoes, (that I was going to use for German potato salad), made a humongus bowl (s) of mashed potatoes! No German potato salad!

Huh???? Does this go with castles?

She has Irish heritage.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:34 am

We never did get to Ireland. Darn it. I don't have any relatives there anymore. They immigrated to the UK. Maybe due to the potato famine? I don't know.

Return to “Your first forum”