How long has it been

Description of your first forum.
grouchy

How long has it been

Postby grouchy » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:04 pm

since you have actually taken a bath? For some reason Karen and I had a conversation about this last night. We left Amarillo in 1984 and I have never used the bathtub in any of our homes since then.

What about you?

Red Oak

Re: How long has it been

Postby Red Oak » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:06 pm

About 20 minutes.

I am a never Hillaryite!

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:21 pm

Red Oak wrote:About 20 minutes.

I'll bet you stink pretty :D

Cowman52

Postby Cowman52 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:59 pm

Does the stock tank count?

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:04 pm

Nope, but I have spent a lot of time in them back in the old days.

Jim Jack

Postby Jim Jack » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:54 pm

At least two years. The little house I'm in now doesn't even have a tub.

One of my daily routines used to be to run a couple of inches of hot water in the tub and soak my feet in it after a long day of work. It is one of the few things I miss about my last house.

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:06 pm

Maybe a couple of years.
At some point I had a back that needed to be soaked and that was the last time.

Sometimes the concept of taking a long soak SOUNDS appealing, but as soon as I lie in the tub I think of all the things I could be doing and then get anxious to get out and do things.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:22 pm

Tub baths are terribly wasteful of water, and most places I have lived that has been a concern.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:16 am

Years, Grouchy. I'm still mad at my hubs for putting in a tub with a shower in the master bath at the coast. I kept telling him we needed a walk in shower. He kept saying "resale". But we have a tub/shower in the other bathroom. I've never heard any one on a sandy beach saying "I can't wait to get back and get a bath!" Having a tub is probably a necessity for anyone with small children but we had one! Grrrr! I hate stepping into the tub to shower. Thankfully, here we have a walk in shower and a tub. Just one more thing I have to clean even tho no one uses it.

rusty

Postby rusty » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:17 pm

tx3653

Postby tx3653 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:51 pm

A bathtub is like a fireplace, a must have for resale purposes. I tried to get the fireplace left out of this house but U S Homes and the sales agent said no it had to be there. I'd rather have had a sliding door to the patio. We have gas logs that haven't been lit the last three Winters.

The master bath tub has been used twice in the last 18 years. Wish it had been left out and the shower made bigger.

Every time I see an ad for a walk in tub I wonder how long you have to sit in dirty water waiting for it to drain.

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:32 pm

There are times I would kill for a good long soak in the tub. Last year, my wife & I stayed at a B & B in Granbury that had a huge bathtub. We LOVED it.
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

RedEye

Postby RedEye » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:52 pm

Does sitting in a hot tub count? I did sit in a hot tub one night last week in a resort in the Smokies. The one in my master bathroom has not been used in over 12 years. I have to try and remember to occasionally run the water to fill up the trap.

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:40 pm

Re: Walk in tubs

Someone I know wanted one for husband with health problems. Nurse advised them not to do it.
Reminded them: He will have to sit there naked while it fills up (45 minutes) and then sit there naked and wet while it empties.

On another forum I asked who had one and liked it. One woman reported her mother got one and used it once because of the above concerns, plus the HUGE amount of hot water it took.

My brother purchased one for his wife and will never say anything but he loves it. He had to remodel the entire room to accommodate it.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:27 am

We see those advertised so much but I've never considered one. I had the same thoughts about getting out of it. But then I really don't like bathtubs ever. I'd never use one in a hotel. I do scrubbing bubbles, rinse them, put bleach in and fill the tub and leave for a few hours to disinfect it. I think my Dad put that in my mind. He'd say "I'm not sitting in water that my butt is in."

Return to “Your first forum”