Ojeda's Mexican food

Description of your first forum.
LibraryLady2

Ojeda's Mexican food

Postby LibraryLady2 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:16 pm

Maple location........

They ran a $5.00 enchilada lunch plate special in August. If enough people like their FB page, they will repeat it in Sept.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

Red Oak

Re: Ojeda's Mexican food

Postby Red Oak » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:54 pm

About what they are worth, in my opinion.

Ojeda's IMO is just average.

I am a never Hillaryite!

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:59 pm

CMON DO IT FOR LIBRARY LADY!!! (you don't have to go eat them).

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:07 pm

I would, if I was on F** Book - which I am not, nor ever will be :D

I am a never Hillaryite!

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:10 pm

I have a friend who thinks this is the best Mexican food ever.
I think it is average--but for $5, I'll go. She and I belong to a "group" and in August, we made a social event--met, played our game, then went down to Maple and ate lunch together.

We are hoping to repeat in Sept.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:25 pm

I will do as you request.

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:10 am

I made semi-regular visits there with co-workers back when I worked in Dallas, but it's been 22 years since I worked in Dallas. Since then, I've visited the Ojeda's in Lewisville on occasion.

I seem to remember another Mexican joint not far from the Maple location. Herrera's?
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:40 am

Herreras is the one you are thinking of, I believe.

It is/has closed now. Landlord wanted something else in there. Now I can't remember if it plans to open somewhere else or not.

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:13 am

Red Oak wrote:I would, if I was on F** Book - which I am not, nor ever will be :D

Ditto
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:56 pm

LibraryLady2 wrote:Herreras is the one you are thinking of, I believe.

It is/has closed now. Landlord wanted something else in there. Now I can't remember if it plans to open somewhere else or not.

That's a shame. We just lost our best restaurant in downtown Sulphur Springs because of a dispute with their landlord.

The guys of Mexican heritage I worked with in Dallas loved both Ojeda's and Herrera's.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

RaisinCain

Postby RaisinCain » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:11 pm

I was raised on El Fenix, and back in the day they were hard to beat. Compared to them I never thought Ojedas was all that. But since El Fenix was bought out about a decade ago, have only been there 3-4 times. Food has gone to crap.

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:40 pm

We like Fernandos at Nwhwy and Midway.
Don't get there much because it is so crowded

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:10 am

We go to a place in Rowlett that we love. It's Dos Charros. It's very reasonable, the food is good and we like the employees. But it's not fancy. However, they'll do a special dish that's not on their menu, for me. We usually go once a week and since they started making that for me, I haven't tried anything else. Steve also has a favorite, but once in a while he'll get something different. He's like them all. I did, too, until I explained soft cheese tacos to the manager or owner, I don't know which he is. He came out of the kitchen with one for me and one for my girlfriend. It was just like the soft cheese tacos from El Sombreo in Greenville. Our kids grew up on it and were so sad they couldn't get it anymore. Now when they come, they want to go there.

With all the restaurants in Rockwall, our two favorites are in Rowlett. The other one is a Chinese/Japanese place, The Golden Pot. We just couldn't do the buffet type. They have a dish called Walnut Shrimp. I'd had it before and loved it, but the one place in Greenville that had it, eliminated it. I'm sure due to cost. My girlfriend e-mailed me because she got a groupon in the paper. She looked it up and they had walnut shrimp. She couldn't go but we did. o m g! It was manna from the gods! The shrimp was huge but not tough. I had to cut them in half. The walnuts were glazed. Absolutely delicious. I know it was $13.99 and worth much more. I had to take home over half of it. Steve got orange chicken and kept saying "This chicken is all white meat from the breast." He also had to take half of his home. I guess it was the quality of the food, not chop, chop, chopped slivers of things.

Return to “Your first forum”