Class nickname

Description of your first forum.
crocmommy

Re: Class nickname

Postby crocmommy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:42 pm

LibraryLady2 wrote:Crockmommy
It was moon cricket.
I never heard of that in my life. So I went over to urban dictionary and looked it up.

So, then my son further educated me and directed me to the dictionary of slurs. (who knew?)

Did you know there is a racial slur database?
http://Www.rsdb.org/slur/

Never seen that

Afro-Saxon....lol

Zephyr

Postby Zephyr » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:21 pm

I had no idea...
"I don't know if bourbon solves problems, but I'd like to give it a shot." - My grandfather, a Very Wise Man.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:54 pm

I want to be in a class called Blue Eyed White Devils :D

I am a never Hillaryite!

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:16 pm

Zephyr wrote:I had no idea...

On which part of this thread?
or which word?
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

GFB

Postby GFB » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:39 pm

LibraryLady2 wrote:
Zephyr wrote:I had no idea...

On which part of this thread?
or which word?

..about anything.

(It's Zephyr)
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:48 pm

Coincidentally, my wife just retired from that school. We have been on vacation, and I just saw this when we got back. I don't which of the teachers posted that (according to Ch 4, it was a sixth-grade teacher), but there is no way that the teacher did that with any knowledge of what it meant. Period.

I have no idea how she came up with the name. However, I saw someone post on the Dallas Digest Facebook page that a woman once told him that she wanted a "pet pickaninny". He says he thought for a moment and said, "That's 'pekingese'."

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:06 pm

Regarding that teacher...if she really had never heard the term, she should have used our friend "google" to find out---even if students DID suggest the name. I'll bet she was "played" by some 6th graders who snickered all the way home.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

Jim Jack

Postby Jim Jack » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:59 pm

Oh my gosh. I got to the word in question and snort laughed. I'm afraid I have heard that one.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:21 pm

LibraryLady2 wrote:Regarding that teacher...if she really had never heard the term, she should have used our friend "google" to find out---even if students DID suggest the name. I'll bet she was "played" by some 6th graders who snickered all the way home.

Students did, in fact, choose the name for their class. I suspect that you are right that the student (a boy, I'm sure) pranked them, not understanding what the consequences would be. I think everyone agrees that it is inexplicable that the teacher didn't google the name.

Return to “Your first forum”