MythBusters

Description of your first forum.
LibraryLady2

MythBusters

Postby LibraryLady2 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:39 pm

They have an exhibit at NASA in Houston right now. Ends on the 5th.

http://www.mythbusterstheexhibition.com/
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

BigTex

Re: MythBusters

Postby BigTex » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:27 pm

That would require going to Houston. I'm out.

Jay Weaver

Postby Jay Weaver » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:26 pm

I have lived in Texas most all of my life, THANK GOD and I have been to Houston only two times in my. I do have some friends in Houston, but even at that, I can't think of any reason why I would ever go back to Houston. I just wait for my friends to come and see me here. And, that happens.

Jim Jack

Postby Jim Jack » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:46 pm

I could make an exception for an exhibit like this.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:30 am

I'd like to do that but time is too short. I'd love to have taken some of the grands. I may be the only one who really doesn't object to going to Houston. I guess it's because we have good friends there and always have a good time.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:38 am

ann jusko wrote:I may be the only one who really doesn't object to going to Houston. I guess it's because we have good friends there and always have a good time.

You know that eventually you will leave.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:29 pm

Jay Weaver wrote:I have lived in Texas most all of my life, THANK GOD and I have been to Houston only two times in my. I do have some friends in Houston, but even at that, I can't think of any reason why I would ever go back to Houston. I just wait for my friends to come and see me here. And, that happens.

Passing through Houston to get to Galveston to take a cruise.

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:56 pm

My wife, two boys and I spent three and a half days in Houston one afternoon. Late June and we'd been at the space center.
The ring around Houston was experiencing some sort of major work.
The roadway was down to one lane: the breakdown lane.
You guessed it: our a/c failed.

That was in 1985. Haven't been to Houston since. Don't think I've been hotter.

That includes the Dead Sea in July, Medical City parking lot the Sunday pm of the Republican Convention there, Cairo, Egypt where I drank hot Coke, and at the Nat'l Park near Carlsbad. Taking the trails was not allowed unless you had water. And, of course, Thailand.

(First experience of this I've ever had and almost only in TX)

We were in the right lane at that point and standing purty still. I'm looking over to the right bec there was something to see bec the surface roads were high compared with the surrounding land ... and a damn big truck slammed down the kinda hill we're on from the breakdown lane. I thought, "golly jesus, those boys are probably dead! AND THEN twenty or so other vehicles were being sucked into the same vortex!!! I was knocked on my ass even tho I was sitting at the time.

We finally figured that the good ol' boys had made 'em a route of current resort1 Wow! Learned a bit about Texans that day I'm here to tell ya! (and I have profited from that strategery ever since.)

LibraryLady2 wrote:They have an exhibit at NASA in Houston right now. Ends on the 5th.

http://www.mythbusterstheexhibition.com/
All Life is Feudal

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:57 pm

Haven't seen a lot of Houston, but I've been to the Woodlands a few times..seems like a nice area..I guess it's a suburb.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Jay Weaver

Postby Jay Weaver » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:04 pm

jellowrestling wrote:
Jay Weaver wrote:I have lived in Texas most all of my life, THANK GOD and I have been to Houston only two times in my life. I do have some friends in Houston, but even at that, I can't think of any reason why I would ever go back to Houston. I just wait for my friends to come and see me here. And, that happens.

Passing through Houston to get to Galveston to take a cruise.

Highway 99 AROUND the west side of Houston to Highway 6 to Galveston is better than passing THROUGH Houston every time, anytime!

Return to “Your first forum”