Description of your first forum.
grouchy

Damn crickets!

Postby grouchy » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:47 am

They are everywhere!

crocmommy

Re: Damn crickets!

Postby crocmommy » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:39 am

Hate it when you get one chirping inside your bedroom at night that you can't find and keeps you awake.

Jim Jack

Postby Jim Jack » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:05 pm

We have them really bad at work. I squashed several in my office today.

The county health department came to inspect the school cafeterias today. I wonder how many of the damned things made it into the kitchens.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:00 am

Would crickets eat a very healthy tomato plant and some petunias overnight? It was very weird. Nothing else was touched. I thought cut worms at first. I did see a grass hopper in the pool the next morning and the darn thing was swimming! I'd never seen that before. It couldn't get out though and I just walked away from the pool.

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:42 pm

Ann, probably deer or rabbits.
Crickets couldn't do that in one night.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:49 pm

Ann, probably deer or rabbits.
Crickets couldn't do that in one night.

I just looked cricket diets and they do eat vegetation.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:48 am

Thanks Librarylady. It was just the weirdest thing....just two plants stripped. But there were other plants with the peturnias and they were on a table with others. The tomato plant was in a pot and was stripped to the stalk. But I used a pot that I had Calla lilies in and they had started coming up again. That wasn't touched, just the tomato.

Saw no hummingbirds yesterday. The day before they went to one feeder and the sugar water was almost gone. The other feeder is about half gone. Steve said "They must be preparing to leave." I guess so. I'll leave that one feeder out for awhile to make sure though. I saw no toads last night at all. A few of the little lizards, the gray ones that are on the kitchen window. I have no idea what they are, but they're not geckos. We leave the light over the kitchen sink on for them to get moths. They are cute little things.

Return to “Your first forum”