Bob Of Burleson

The Cowboys

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:06 am

Rangers are done,
and Cowboys already
might be cooked

By Randy Galloway
Special to the Star-Telegram

Here it is midsummer, and although the blast furnace was a tad late in making a local arrival, the blistering heat showed up just in time to deliver a sweaty goodbye kiss to the Rangers.

With the baseball season over in July — or actually, much earlier in June — it’s the next-team-up syndrome that now applies.

Hello, Cowboys.

Training camp is about to open in Oxnard, Calif. It’s only a week and a couple of days away.

Granted, anything is better than the Rangers at the moment, but then again, we are talking about the Cowboys here. The current excitement level for Jerry and the boys is definitely higher than another Leonys Martin at bat, but …

A gamer like Adrian Beltre taking his hacks is certainly worth watching, which leads to the obvious question. Will the Cowboys be worth watching?

Early answer is: No.

Well, maybe 8-8 again. Even that would be better than the baseball mess on the other end of Randol Mill Road.

At least of the two biggest questions concerning the 2014 Cowboys, one is a positive.

How good can this team be, offensively?

Maybe real good.

On the flip side, the other question and massive doubt about the Cowboys is ongoing from last season:

How bad will the defense be? Even worse than a year ago? Statistically, it can’t be worse than 2013’s ranking of 32nd in the NFL. But the eyeball test of the current level of defensive talent tells us to brace for even worse.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/07/12 ... rylink=cpy

Mark

Re: The Cowboys

Postby Mark » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:06 am

6-10 in 2014.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

bodine

Postby bodine » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:22 am

My interest in the Cowboys is inversely proportional to the length of time that Jerry Jones is owner/GM. I don't think the Cowboys will be Super Bowl contenders as long as he is GM. That is my opinion. It takes a great coach to win Super Bowls; and great coaches won't work for Jerry.

My football allegiances lie with the Purdue Boilermakers the next three years. Hopefully, they will get their poop together. Even more hopefully, son can start for those three years.

Chlorine Tinsley

Postby Chlorine Tinsley » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:25 am

Gonna take the optimistic route; 9-7
Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.

tx3653

Postby tx3653 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:55 am

CRAP! The NFL season is almost back again. Another season of Romo's fumbles and interceptions, Jerry telling everyone how much better the defense is this season and another no playoff game season. Typical Dallas football results. WOW, who can't look forward to that?

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:23 pm

8 and 8 is a stretch. 3 and 13 is my guess. Everyone here is right as far as JJ running things and Romo are concerned. But I survived the 1 and 15 season, so I will take the good with the bad. And it's gonna be bad. Very Bad.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:04 am

Dancer wrote:8 and 8 is a stretch. 3 and 13 is my guess. Everyone here is right as far as JJ running things and Romo are concerned. But I survived the 1 and 15 season, so I will take the good with the bad. And it's gonna be bad. Very Bad.

The Cowboys are not going to be 3 and 13 if Romo is healthy. He may not ever win the Big One, but the Cowboys win a lot of games because of Romo. Without Romo? 3-13.

kent

Postby kent » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:00 am

It's Galloway....nuff said.

10-6 if Romo stays healthy.

We knew the Rangers would suck coming out of spring training, didn't know they would be the worst in baseball.

Cowboys have promise, there will be a bad loss or two, but there will also be big wins - just like almost every NFL team. I've been waiting for the start of training camp ever since the Super Bowl ended.

Looking forward to some Big 10 action as well!

knotlazy

Postby knotlazy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:20 pm

Dancer...what year was the 1-15 season? I could google...but I'm lazy...or Knot. :)

My hubby's business has always had better years when the Cowboys were winning.....it has been documented by the bookkeeper (who was the biggest fan next to the previous owner of the business).

As hubby and I are beginning to think maybe we can retire before he is 80....it would be great if the Cowboys could pull up their panties and get on with it! We need HOPE! All I ask for THIS YEAR is Hope for the future....I just want the old EXCITEMENT back...I want the Cowboy's game to be the big event of our weekend.

When I was a kid, my family had season tickets...from the first year of Texas Stadium. When my parents divorced, my Mom got custody of the season tickets...and my Dad bought 2 in the NEXT section so Mom had a ring side seat to see what Stewardess (yes back in the 70's) he brought to the game. For years, I went to Cowboy games (rode the Cowboy Flyer Bus from Oak Cliff!) and all middle school and high school games every week. When I married Hubby, his mother was a HUGE Cowboy fan (still is however she is pretty disgusted with them) and dated a man who had season tickets and took her to two of the Superbowl games. She only gave up the season tickets when we told her we wouldn't fight the traffic to take her to Jerry World. I think that was one of the saddest days of her life.

My son and SIL both are active in big ticket Fantasy Football leagues....they live and breath NFL and know everything there is to know about all players.

At the baby shower for my soon-to-be-born grandson last weekend, there were several football/Cowboys tiny outfits given as gifts.

I'd really love to see the Cowboys at least make an effort this year. It's been SOOOO long!

Knot...hoping when she knows there is little hope....

Return to “Your first forum”