Lady Gaga

Description of your first forum.
rusty

Lady Gaga

Postby rusty » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:29 pm

Knocked it out of the park. So far the best part of the game by far.

tx3653

Re: Lady Gaga

Postby tx3653 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:55 pm

I thought the Gaga circus entry was good but the choice of music(?) she performed really sucked. She is so good singing with Tony Bennett and that HT music was garbage.

rusty

Postby rusty » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:03 pm

tx3653 wrote:I thought the Gaga circus entry was good but the choice of music(?) she performed really sucked. She is so good singing with Tony Bennett and that HT music was garbage.

You must be really old or something. I'm only 60, I guess you have to be in my generation or younger.

:roll:

tx3653

Postby tx3653 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:42 pm

rusty wrote:
tx3653 wrote:I thought the Gaga circus entry was good but the choice of music(?) she performed really sucked. She is so good singing with Tony Bennett and that HT music was garbage.

You must be really old or something. I'm only 60, I guess you have to be in my generation or younger.

Rusty, I got a drivers license probably the year you were born and that HT still was awful.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:44 pm

:lol: lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am a never Hillaryite!

rusty

Postby rusty » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:04 pm

Oh well. That's why they still make Guy Lombardo records. ;)

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:32 pm

rusty wrote:

Her music does nothing for me, but it's not terrible.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:14 am

jellowrestling wrote:
rusty wrote:

Her music does nothing for me, but it's not terrible.

Even when I was young that type of thing was not the type of thing I preferred. I guess it is good that lots of people like her.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:40 am

I'm not a huge fan now, but I did enjoy her show. The last few years, I have begun to respect her and her music more. Her David Bowie tribute last year and the National Anthem performance (forgot where) was what did it for me.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:49 am

In honor of Black History Month, I just want to say that when she relies less on shock value and more on her innate talent she is really quite something.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:11 am

Her CD with Tony Bennett did it for me. She should retire this silly stage show stuff and just concentrate on her music.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:32 am

planosteve wrote:Her CD with Tony Bennett did it for me. She should retire this silly stage show stuff and just concentrate on her music.

I don't think musicians make money off putting out music that much anymore. Seems like I've heard they have to make the most they can by charging outrageous prices for overdone stage shows.

glenn/dallas

Postby glenn/dallas » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:51 am

She is good singing with Bennett, and the Salute to Julie Andrews for The Sound of Music ws fantastic, but to say her hits Born this way and Bad Romance suck..... Well, they are just two of the reasons she is worth 275 million dollars. Glad most folks dont think she sucks.

Kate Smith - When the Moon Comes Over the Mountain (Here is one you may remember) :)

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:13 am

She got nothing but publicity for doing last night's show. NFL does not pay the half time performer.

Loved the show.
Don't really "follow" her music, but it was a good show.

Her Tony Bennett music has been great.

In interviews I have seen, she seems to have more sense that I thought she would. I think she is a little like Dolly Parton in that she knows how to get attention.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:36 am

She was smart enough not to politicize her performance..
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:54 am

LibraryLady2 wrote:She got nothing but publicity for doing last night's show. NFL does not pay the half time performer.

Loved the show.

In interviews I have seen, she seems to have more sense that I thought she would. I think she is a little like Dolly Parton in that she knows how to get attention.

I was talking about shows in general. They have gotten so expensive to the point where I only go see the ones I really like now. There are a few who are still affordable. Steve Miller is one of them.

Jami

Postby Jami » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:05 pm

I thought the show was great, I watched it again this morning.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:37 pm

Jami wrote:I thought the show was great, I watched it again this morning.

I found the costume and even the makeup changes in the show very interesting.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:28 pm

LibraryLady2 wrote:She got nothing but publicity for doing last night's show. NFL does not pay the half time performer.

Loved the show.

My daughter thinks that working with Tony Bennett has had a profound effect on her level of professionalism.

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:41 am

crocmommy wrote:

Loved the show.

I was talking about shows in general. They have gotten so expensive to the point where I only go see the ones I really like now. There are a few who are still affordable. Steve Miller is one of them.

I'm taking my kid to see Yes at the Majestic Theater next week. Two tickets in the middle of the floor seating were about $150. That's not a price I'd normally pay to see a show, but it's a chance to spend an evening with the kid. Those chances don't come as often as they used to, so I was glad to pay it.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Return to “Your first forum”