Coffee

Description of your first forum.
crocmommy

Coffee

Postby crocmommy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:14 pm

What kind do you like to drink? We have gourmet coffee here at the office so I'm spoiled. But at home I prefer a breakfast blend or hazlenut.

What type of machine do you use? I just use a plain ol drip coffee maker. Got tired of fooling with the K cup machine that would only take keurig brand so I put it away.

Sangersteve

Re: Coffee

Postby Sangersteve » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:21 pm

We drink Folgers. Out of a K-cup/full pot clone. Donna can have arty farty K-cup stuff, I get coffee.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:28 pm

At home, we have a Keurig, that wife uses every day, but just once in a while for me. On the road, I get coffee only from McDonald's. $1 for any size. I'll get coffee, if I eat at Waffle House. I drink it only during cold winter weather.
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:30 pm

I'm not a coffee snob. I like coffee and am not particular.

Folgers at work. At home usually ground Community Coffee or store brand in a K-cup adapter.

I go to Starbucks when the family wants to go but not on my own.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:39 pm

French Market with Chicory in a stainless steel percolator.

I am a never Hillaryite!

GFB

Postby GFB » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:56 pm

We have a Keurig..the wife likes it, but I'm strictly iced tea.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Jami

Postby Jami » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:13 pm

I have one cup of coffee a day but I love that one cup, I use a Keurig.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:53 am

GFB wrote:We have a Keurig..the wife likes it, but I'm strictly iced tea.

My wife drinks some Ruta Mayan something. Iced tea for me, too. I like to put just a tiny bit of sugar in it.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:10 am

Folgers at home. Karen uses creamers. Mine is just plain until the weekend. Then I drink Irish coffee.
The schools have keurigs. I don't really like them but it is caffeine.

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:40 am

We buy the darkest roasted whole beans Costco sells, it's an Espresso blend currently. Our grind n brew does great single or 2 cups of coffee at a time, it's by jura , it can also steam/ foam milk.
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

rusty

Postby rusty » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:51 am

I use a Keurig, but I order bio-degradable pods online. The pod brand is San Francisco Bay. I like the Fog Chaser flavor, my wife likes the Donut Shop flavor. Never had a problem with them in my Keurig.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:16 am

John in Plano wrote:We buy the darkest roasted whole beans Costco sells, it's an Espresso blend currently. Our grind n brew does great single or 2 cups of coffee at a time, it's by jura , it can also steam/ foam milk.

I miss my Cuisinart grind and brew. Didn't always put whole beans in there but it was a nice option.

My favorite K cup coffee is a coconut blend that my brother has when I drink coffee at his house.

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:58 pm

We have a standard drip maker.

We bounce around on brands. There is a good one called Kick Ass coffee that is roasted in Canada. We find it up there, and once at Target. I think they were getting rid of product from their disastrous Canadian adventure.

Husband really likes the coffee. I will drink it but I am more of a tea drinker (British style).
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

Zephyr

Postby Zephyr » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:35 pm

My dad worked for William P. Reilly & Sons of New Orleans, proud owners of Luzianne coffee, so I grew up drinking Cajun Dark Roast with Chicory. I drink it today, although I have to order the dark roast, the chicory, and mix it myself. Fact is, I won't drink anything else.
"I don't know if bourbon solves problems, but I'd like to give it a shot." - My grandfather, a Very Wise Man.

Zephyr

Postby Zephyr » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:37 pm

Red Oak wrote:French Market with Chicory in a stainless steel percolator.

There ya go. Not a bad choice at all.
"I don't know if bourbon solves problems, but I'd like to give it a shot." - My grandfather, a Very Wise Man.

Zephyr

Postby Zephyr » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:38 pm

Jami wrote:I have one cup of coffee a day but I love that one cup, I use a Keurig.

Don't I know you?

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:57 pm

Earlier this evening at the McDonald's in Burbank, OH -
Me : I'd like a large coffee, half decaf, half regular.
HS Girl taking my order : OK. Anything else?
ME : No. I'd like the decaf on the left side of the cup, regular on the right, please.
HS G : (uncertainly) Uh, OK.
I watch her pour my coffee, she picks up the decaf with her right hand, starts to pour, then switches it to her left.
She stops for a second, turns around to say something, sees me trying not to laugh out loud. One time I asked for decaf on the bottom, regular on top. The kid made it, started to hand it to me, then took it back saying he had to make me another cup because he poured the decaf on top. I told him I was just messing with him. Kids are so gullible.
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:33 pm

on stove expresso maker , cheapest way to get good coffee or cuban coffee in my opinion !!

Jami

Postby Jami » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:26 pm

Zephyr wrote:
Jami wrote:I have one cup of coffee a day but I love that one cup, I use a Keurig.

Don't I know you?

Maybe.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:29 am

GRANDPA wrote:Earlier this evening at the McDonald's in Burbank, OH -
Me : I'd like a large coffee, half decaf, half regular.
HS Girl taking my order : OK. Anything else?
ME : No. I'd like the decaf on the left side of the cup, regular on the right, please.
HS G : (uncertainly) Uh, OK.
I watch her pour my coffee, she picks up the decaf with her right hand, starts to pour, then switches it to her left.
She stops for a second, turns around to say something, sees me trying not to laugh out loud. One time I asked for decaf on the bottom, regular on top. The kid made it, started to hand it to me, then took it back saying he had to make me another cup because he poured the decaf on top. I told him I was just messing with him. Kids are so gullible.

"I'll have a half double decaffeinated half-caf, with a twist of lemon" - Harris K. Telemacher (Steve Martin), "L.A. Story"

Return to “Your first forum”