jellowrestling

Re: Your Texas Rangers

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:03 am

BigTex wrote:This is bull shit.

+1

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:33 am

We'll see how it goes in the bottom of the 9th, but that move didn't work out too well for Girardi.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:39 am

9-6 Rangers. :D

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:11 am

Those who stayed up were treated to the damnest thing they ever saw.

I nay have to browse some NY sports writers this morning. I'm sure Girardi is being roasted. And rightly so.

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:22 am

Even the Yankee fans, who had been sitting out there in the rain for several innings, booed Girardi's bush league tactics when they started unrolling the tarp.

On Fox4's game report this morning, Girardi was quoted saying that he didn't ask the umpires to delay the game. Bullshit. He walked away from his meeting with the umpires enthusiastically motioning for the grounds crew to unroll the tarp.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:58 am

Girardi got the game stopped when it looked like his pitcher was going to walk a batter.

When play resumes after a 3.5 hour delay, his pitcher hits three batters and loses the game.

I love it when a plan comes together.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:44 am

In case you missed it (I didn't :D ):

It had been raining for three hours. In the bottom of the 9th, with the Yankees leading 6-5, Yankees closer Aroldis Chapman walked Chirinos. He fell behind Choo 3-1, then Yankees manager Gerardi talked to the umps, who stopped the game. For 3 1/2 hours.

When the game restarted, Choo struck out. The ump was calling anything within six inches of the plate a strike. Ian Desmond was then HBP with two strikes. Nomar Mazara also fell behind with two strikes, and was also HBP, loading the bases. Adrian Beltre fell behind 1-2, then hit a low outside pitch for a 2-run single. Fielder fell behind 0-2, and then HE was hit, reloading the bases. On the first pitch, Elvis Andrus rapped a single, driving in two more runs.

In the bottom of the 9th, the Yankees got a couple of runners and threatened, but Dyson finally put them away and won 9-6.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:48 am

Also, the start of the game was delayed about 20 minutes because of rain. The field was never covered, and Girardi did not complaim then.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:29 pm

This helps take the sting out of that loss to the Red Sox.

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:19 pm

BigTex wrote:Also, the start of the game was delayed about 20 minutes because of rain. The field was never covered, and Girardi did not complaim then.

It never rained before the game. There was a forecast of rain, so the Yankees planned for a delay. When game time came and it wasn't raining, neither starting pitcher was warmed up. That's why the start of the game was delayed.

Yes, the bush league Yankees botched the start of the game.

PlanoSooner

Postby PlanoSooner » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:50 pm

big bad yanks dont look so bad.....

51 - 27 <= BAMM!!!!!!!!!!!
Better Ingredients..... Better Moderators....

Jim Jack

Postby Jim Jack » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:56 pm

PlanoSooner wrote:big bad yanks dont look so bad.....

The Rangers kinda overpowered them there, didn't they? Loving it.

Hello win column.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:43 pm

Jim Jack wrote:
PlanoSooner wrote:big bad yanks dont look so bad.....

The Rangers kinda overpowered them there, didn't they? Loving it.

Hello win column.

My wife also commented: "Where are all the Yankees fans?" Attendance for the game against the Rangers, the hottest team in baseball, with the best record in the MLB: 32,373. The day before? 32,917. In fact, the Yankees attendance has been dropping for a couple of years:

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/24/where-di ... ce-go.html

This has been happening while the Mets have seen a large increase in fans. Yankees fans support their team, win or win.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:23 am

This team sucks.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:41 am

Thankfully, I managed to miss the 9th inning Yankees comeback last night. It happens. We have done it to other teams quite a few times this year. But wow....a 6 run yankee inning? That had to be painful to watch.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:23 pm

crocmommy wrote:Thankfully, I managed to miss the 9th inning Yankees comeback last night. It happens. We have done it to other teams quite a few times this year. But wow....a 6 run yankee inning? That had to be painful to watch.

I can assure you it was. The good news is that Tolleson has been looking good the last couple of weeks. I think the All-Star break can't get here fast enough for Diekman and Dyson, who are looking like their arms are tired.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:20 pm

This team sucks.

Mark

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:13 pm

This bullpen is tired. They've been leaned on all season long. Having 60% of the rotation on the DL isn't helping matters any.

ETA: Every team goes through this in a long season.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:51 am

Mark wrote:This bullpen is tired. They've been leaned on all season long. Having 60% of the rotation on the DL isn't helping matters any.

That's exactly what I told someone earlier today. Diekman and Dyson, especially. On the plus side, Tolleson has looked good. Hopefully, the All-Star break will be the tonic they need. And if JD can get another quality reliever or two (like he did with Diekman and Dyson last year), the team should be rolling again. If Darvish can come back healthy, there's no other reason this team can't finish strong.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:12 am

jellowrestling wrote:
Mark wrote:This bullpen is tired. They've been leaned on all season long. Having 60% of the rotation on the DL isn't helping matters any.

That's exactly what I told someone earlier today. Diekman and Dyson, especially. On the plus side, Tolleson has looked good. Hopefully, the All-Star break will be the tonic they need. And if JD can get another quality reliever or two (like he did with Diekman and Dyson last year), the team should be rolling again. If Darvish can come back healthy, there's no other reason this team can't finish strong.

They have only lost two games in a row...and yesterday's game was close. I didn't follow it closely but it had to have been pretty good pitching to lose in the 9th by one run like that. Better than the game before.

Return to “Your first forum”