Vacation Plans

Description of your first forum.
GFB

Re: Vacation Plans

Postby GFB » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:28 am

DiamondGirl wrote:
GFB wrote:
John in Plano wrote:not judging anyone

for the last 10 years or so we've hired a person we know to stay at our house and take care of our bird and dog.

We supply food they request and cash, $100 a week

Cooper is on twice a day meds...bird is loud

I'm all for that, John..but no one other than us could take care of Prissy at her age.

Eventually, dogs do not give the typical signals when they need food, water, or to go out.

We know her..what she needs..when she needs it..no dog sitter could do it..or would do it.

I completely understand this. We stayed closer to home the last year of our dog Poohs life. He just needed more care, and our being gone would be stressful on an already tired body. After 14 years of devotion and companionship, it was an easy decision.

Yeah that's the thing..this little creature has given us so many years of joy and companionship, there's just no way we can't do everything possible for her. We love doing it, and actually don't miss vacations at all. We'll miss HER like crazy.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:43 pm

Plane leaves tomorrow morning.

7 days of fun, sun and some rain.

6 nights of music

and Greg I understand why you don't take vacation, admirable trait you have

dang did I just post that :shock:
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

knotlazy

Postby knotlazy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:09 pm

Pet sitters is a huge issue. I won't board my dogs or leave them with just anyone. I am fortunate to have my friend, my dogs love her, but it's not the same for them so they are always stressed. Her 3 terrorists, however, seem right at home at my house...never a problem to take care of them for a week or two at a time.

I pet sit for neighbors...I go to their homes 2 - 4 times as day to feed & take outside. I charge $25/day usually.

knotlazy

Postby knotlazy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:11 pm

Ha! My kindle keeps making Terriers look like terrorists...they are highly active dogs but not terrorists....

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:30 am

We'll head to Port Aransas in July. We can take our dogs and cat with us and stay as long as we like. However, I'll be worried about the drip irrigation working well for the flowers. Usually, we have our kids and grands dropping in for a visit. We're not planning on flying anywhere except me going to Rhode Island.

dublusk

Postby dublusk » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:47 am

Hopefully Chaco Canyon, if not then Davis Mountains and Big Bend.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:05 am

Parker, Colorado, is lovely this time of year.

bodine

Postby bodine » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:30 am

I got three days in NOLA last week; then two days of yard work/garage clean up. I'll take 2 days in August to take daughter's stuff to WCU (she'll already be there for summer volleyball camp and training/bonding with her new teammates). Will take some time to go watch Purdue football this fall; road trips planned to Indy for his last Norte Dame game; and then again to Lincoln for the Nebraska game (I have business contacts based in Lincoln; I am supposed to get to sit with them in their suite...).

Regardless; I'll lose vacation time, but being in education I still get two weeks at Christmas, and a week at Spring Break. That is almost enough...

Ryan

Postby Ryan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:34 am

I used to take 3 or 4 vacations a year.

That came to a screeching halt when we had Chance. The best we could pull off since then was a two night stay at the Gaylord.

We found a very good house/dog sitter, but I would not torment my Mom by leaving Chance with her for more then a night or two, and her schedule would not allow anything more then that.

Once we buy another fifth wheel, I think we can get back to traveling more.

Zelda

Postby Zelda » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:42 am

Tenerife in October or November because by then I wil be gagging for some real sun.

Till then glorious Wales and rainy Manchester...(grounded for at least 3 months after an op)

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:16 pm

Zelda wrote:Tenerife in October or November because by then I wil be gagging for some real sun.

Till then glorious Wales and rainy Manchester...(grounded for at least 3 months after an op)

I like the Canary Islands.

..and you'll only need to pack half of your bathing suit!

Zelda

Postby Zelda » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:44 pm

GFB wrote:
Zelda wrote:Tenerife in October or November because by then I wil be gagging for some real sun.

Which half? :o

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:36 pm

Zelda wrote:
GFB wrote:

Well, if it were up to me, I'd leave that decision up to you as the one most qualified to choose.

Zelda

Postby Zelda » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:51 pm

GFB wrote:
Zelda wrote:
GFB wrote:

Well, if it were up to me, I'd leave that decision up to you as the one most qualified to choose.

In that case I will keep my modesty well intact and stick with this.

bodine

Postby bodine » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:20 pm

Zelda, that "bathing suit" is a thread killer...

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:30 pm

Amarillo, Texas, is lovely this time of year.

Return to “Your first forum”