Desperately needed..

Description of your first forum.
GFB

Re: Desperately needed..

Postby GFB » Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:23 pm

planosteve wrote:
Mark wrote:The steep American decline started when the evil Left forced God out of the schools 50 years ago.

The only schools that had teachings about religion then were Parochial schools in my neck of the woods. Also, some colleges that were run by religious organizations.

Public Schools all around the country had classes once a week or so in Bible classes.

Where my wife grew up in Indiana, it was called “Rolling Chapel”..a trailer visited regularly, and one class at a time would go in and have Church service.

She just told me that they still have it and use it all the time.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:25 pm

Mark wrote:The steep American decline started when the evil Left forced God out of the schools 50 years ago.

Exactly
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

rusty

Postby rusty » Sat Jun 22, 2024 2:23 pm

GFB wrote:
planosteve wrote:

The only schools that had teachings about religion then were Parochial schools in my neck of the woods. Also, some colleges that were run by religious organizations.

Public Schools all around the country had classes once a week or so in Bible classes.

Where my wife grew up in Indiana, it was called “Rolling Chapel”..a trailer visited regularly, and one class at a time would go in and have Church service.

She just told me that they still have it and use it all the time.

I grew up going to Texas public schools starting in 1962. I’ve never heard of such a thing and we’re in the Bible Belt.

rusty

Postby rusty » Sat Jun 22, 2024 2:25 pm

GFB wrote:

Exactly

God was never forced out of public schools.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sat Jun 22, 2024 3:59 pm

Religion in Public Schools

The topic of religion in public schools has been a longstanding and contentious issue in the United States. Let’s explore some key points:

School Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance:
More than 55 years ago, the Supreme Court ruled against school-sponsored prayer, emphasizing the separation of church and state.
Students, however, can pray on school grounds as long as it’s initiated and led by students themselves, without using school resources.

The Pledge of Allegiance, which includes the phrase “under God,” remains a subject of debate.

Religion in the Curriculum:
Public schools can teach about various world religions, emphasizing their historical and cultural significance.
Religious studies are often embedded in social studies and English curricula.
Elective courses may focus explicitly on religious themes or topics.

Rights of Students and Teachers:
Students and teachers have the right to practice their religion individually (e.g., praying before lunch) and express their beliefs.
However, schools cannot endorse or inhibit religious expression.

In summary, public schools must strike a delicate balance between respecting religious freedom and maintaining a secular environment. If you have any specific questions or need further information, feel free to ask!

https://www.bing.com/search?pglt=2209&q ... showconv=1
"Nice little Jewish community you got here"-Arab world to Nut Job 8-)

Return to “Your first forum”