Tea Party Knocks Off Eric Cantor

Description of your first forum.
GFB

Re: Tea Party Knocks Off Eric Cantor

Postby GFB » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:35 pm

RaisinCain wrote:IMHO, he lost because of immigration, pure and simple. Most people, D or R, oppose amnesty by about 3 to 1.

You're right on all counts.

The country has mostly decided it does not wish to try to kick out 15 million or so people.

But the country has also decided..these people must NEVER be citizens..never allowed to vote..and to never collect Social Security
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:13 am

"In the long run, Brat’s win is being viewed by conservatives as a proxy victory for the growing libertarian wing of the Republican Party—a triumph of limited government, Ayn Randian principles over Cantor’s more moderate “Making Life Work” plans. And the fact that Brat pulled off his upset victory over Cantor with such a distinctly anti–Wall Street message suggests that right-wing anti-government populism continues to thrive, at least in Virginia’s Seventh Congressional District."

I gotta think this guy is a phony. Real free market libertarians don't put a picture of John Maynard frickin' Keynes on their web site.

I found this comment: How can someone be a free-market capitalist in the style of Hayek, but not see that illegal immigration is the manifestation of the "hidden hand of the market" at work?

Also, Rand, Rothbard, Hyaak, and the top libertarian thinkers were almost all atheists. Brat graduated from a Princeton Theological Seminary.
That doesn't compute.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:56 am

planosteve wrote:"In the long run, Brat’s win is being viewed by conservatives as a proxy victory for the growing libertarian wing of the Republican Party—a triumph of limited government, Ayn Randian principles over Cantor’s more moderate “Making Life Work” plans. And the fact that Brat pulled off his upset victory over Cantor with such a distinctly anti–Wall Street message suggests that right-wing anti-government populism continues to thrive, at least in Virginia’s Seventh Congressional District."

I gotta think this guy is a phony. Real free market libertarians don't put a picture of John Maynard frickin' Keynes on their web site.

I found this comment: How can someone be a free-market capitalist in the style of Hayek, but not see that illegal immigration is the manifestation of the "hidden hand of the market" at work?

Also, Rand, Rothbard, Hyaak, and the top libertarian thinkers were almost all atheists. Brat graduated from a Princeton Theological Seminary.
That doesn't compute.

I don't understand the anti Wall Street bit.

I have heard him call himself a free market guy..but not a libertarian.

I have also heard he is quite religious..I do not see that as a bad thing..but an atheist?..yes, I would.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:09 am

GFB wrote:
RaisinCain wrote:IMHO, he lost because of immigration, pure and simple. Most people, D or R, oppose amnesty by about 3 to 1.

You're right on all counts.

The country has mostly decided it does not wish to try to kick out 15 million or so people.

But the country has also decided..these people must NEVER be citizens..never allowed to vote..and to never collect Social Security
Or to petition for immigrant visas for family members, which would add another 50 million or so.

Return to “Your first forum”