Castle Doctrine

Description of your first forum.
jellowrestling

Re: Castle Doctrine

Postby jellowrestling » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:18 am

Castle Doctrine wrote:I found this site through a Google search and some poking around. I really settled on trying here because I was familiar with the platform. DD was another board that a number of people here frequented? I have never been a member of a board that would be abbreviated DD. I was looking for a new board because of changes in the moderation policy where I was before. Do you mean my handle or my real name?

Welcome, Castle. DD was "Dallas Digest", Kevin McCarthy's (radio talk-show host) old board. This board was created when K-Mac decided to move the whole operation to Facebook. Some of the people here post there, too.
BTW, "Mayim" was one of the names of a character who would create a DD account, post until he would get booted, then show back up a few months later under a different name. "Hydrogen Hydroxide" was another, which led to the nickname "Waterhead".

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:10 am

crocmommy wrote:
We finally got the dog because of the girls. Figured my youngest needed one. But dogs tie you down much more so than cats, don't they Sue?

Oh my yes they do. I haven't been anywhere that I couldn't be home at 7am and 7pm since Harry was diagnosed with diabetes in March 2014.

As I've said before, Castle, it's great to have you here. I think lots of us have lives full of contradictions. That's part of maturing................for those of us who actually mature.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:16 am

My journey here is very similar to yours, CR.

Blinkin' miracle I found it and I had a few rocky days
getting started.

All that seems to have evened out and I'm getting
to know some good people ... like you and millergrovesue and
crocmommy

AND (terrified as I can be) absolutely love two lane blacktop
at 80+ AND bungee jumping ... don't think I'll ever step out
of a perfectly good airplane (and I'm getting too old fer it
anyhow) but I can feel the appeal.

It's a good day in this neighborhood.
All Life is Feudal

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:33 am

Are you in Texas, mayhem?

And thanks for the compliment. I do try to always be pleasant..............when treated pleasantly. But, like all of us, I have some very strongly held opinions and do not suffer fools gladly.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:32 pm

I'm a good person??? Tell my kids...they think I'm MEAN!!

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:35 pm

crocmommy wrote:I'm a good person??? Tell my kids...they think I'm MEAN!!

Isn't that what kids are supposed to think? :)

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:54 pm

I can't imagine life without dogs or cats. We only have one cat now and she's a really old Siamese. Stays upstairs at all times for some reason. We have all rescues now...Airborne (thrown out a car window at 65 mph and only 5 weeks old). I had no intention of keeping her, but she did land on her head and was very scrapped up. Took her to the emergency vet and they asked her name. I wasn't expecting that and just blurted "Airborne". She also had an intestinal infection and I won't ever send a sick animal to a shelter. So, she's still here after all these years. Buster is a rescue Great Pyrennes and was a couple months old when we got him. They are just magnificent, loyal, loving and stubborn. They are pretty independent thinkers and do what they think should be done, not quite you want them to do. While they're not vicious in any way, they do get between anyone approaching us, who he doesn't know. The size and stare is intimidating. They will take on a bear, if needed. They are bred to protect livestock, but not to herd them. Buster is 140 lbs. Our last pyr was 155 lbs. Buster can be such a clown. Ben was always regal. Buster is our third pyr. The giant dogs don't live nearly as long as we want them to.

Return to “Your first forum”