Umpqua community College , mass shooting

Description of your first forum.
Kiamichi

Re: Umpqua community College , mass shooting

Postby Kiamichi » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:53 pm

CBS reportedly has ID'd the shooter, but I can't find it anywhere on their own website. This is from the Washington Times, citing CBS.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... munity-co/

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:57 pm

CBS reportedly has ID'd the shooter, but I can't find it anywhere on their own website. This is from the Washington Times, citing CBS.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... munity-co/

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:01 pm

MySpace page of Chris Harper Mercer.

https://myspace.com/344765151/mixes/pro ... to/6808645

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:10 pm

Holding a Ruger 10-22 ?

I am a never Hillaryite!

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:40 pm

Looks "bi-racial", so if that's him my guess was a little off.

I am a never Hillaryite!

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:44 pm

a little more info , I mighta missed it but this 'page' shows some of his friends . --- https://myspace.com/344765151/connections/out ---

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:04 pm

MySpace ? The punk was really on the cutting edge ?

I am a never Hillaryite!

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:19 pm

Facebook apparently same person.

https://www.facebook.com/unicornwhisperR

eta: note the Aug. 8 post by this character (in case it is taken down): "trolling for hookers to help them find their lord and savior", showing a view through a windshield on a dark highway. It wouldn't surprise me if he turns out to have been a serial killer.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:50 pm

I am not IT savvy enough to know what is going on with the Facebook page I listed above, but note that the address is not Mercer's but rather something called Unicornwhisperer but it is identified as his site in the headings, with postings from him going back until Aug. 8, weird stuff that along with the listing of a Cascadia group as one of his few friends makes it clear it is the same person as the killer. Yet within the last 15 minutes the late Mercer has supposedly posted two links.

https://www.facebook.com/unicornwhisperR

GFB

Postby GFB » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:58 pm

If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:05 pm

That profile on MySpace is a fake as a smile on a shark.

I am a never Hillaryite!

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:06 pm

I have come across posts on YouTube from that person before and he has less than zero credibility with me. I don't know how he is coming up with images from Harper's MySpace site that I could not see (only the first two or three).

eta: those are linked to one of the only two people pictured on his site, so it is interesting.
Last edited by Kiamichi on Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:10 pm

I read where someone on the net says that the 4chan outfit that he posted his threats on is making up false website profiles on Harper all over the internet, I suppose to somehow protect themselves. I don't know if they would be able to fake the dates on the FaceBook site or not.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:55 pm

The FaceBook site was edited 36 minutes ago to change the user name and the text of the Aug. 8 message. The whole thing is probably some sick prankster.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:50 am

The FaceBook account in the name Chris Harper-Mercer was noticed by others, also. It was clearly manipulated after his death but it is clear from what I have seen on the net that it really was used by someone using Harper-Mercer's name on the dates indicated (back to Aug. 8) and after his death the name changed to that of a person in Dallas and the sinister-sounding posting on Aug. 8 was edited, then the site disappeared altogether. As far as I know the person in Dallas whose name was substituted for Harper-Mercer's has made no public comment but I presume law enforcement is aware of all this.

It is being reported on the internet that the site known as 4Chan or something like that, on which the threats to commit a school shooting were posted, is wreaking as much havoc as it can to hinder the investigation, including hacking sites and creating false profiles in the name of Harper-Mercer, and as they are a bunch of computer nerds I am sure they would have the capability.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:43 pm

When these students return to class next week, what are they more likely to hear from their professors?

"We have to do something about the mental health problem in this country."

or

"We have to do something about the gun problem in this country."

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:50 pm

..or.."we have todo something about this dumb ass gun free zone we're in."

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:23 pm

Of the Oregon shooting, Lott claimed, "The one thing in common" with this and other recent mass shootings "is to notice that yesterday, just like in all these other cases, they occur where guns are banned, where citizens are aren't able to go and defend themselves."

[color=#BF4000]Lott's claim that guns were "banned" at UCC is not accurate. While the school's policy prohibits guns inside of its buildings, Oregon law allows people with concealed carry permits to carry firearms on the grounds of public colleges and universities. In fact, a student who also happened to be a U.S. military veteran was carrying a gun on campus at the time of the shooting and described on MSNBC why he and other veterans he was with decided not to intervene, explaining, "Not knowing where SWAT was on their response time, they wouldn't have known who we were, if we had our guns ready to shoot they could think we were bad guys."[/color]

Lott's broader claim that mass shootings typically happen where guns are not allowed is also false. Of 134 mass shootings documented by Everytown for Gun Safety between January 2009 and July 2015, only 13 percent occurred where guns could not be carried:

GFB wrote:You must have your facts wrong.

I know for a fact this school is a gun free zone.
All Life is Feudal

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:28 pm

More guns less crime.

More guns less liberalism.

More guns fewer trolls.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:43 pm

mayhem wrote:Of the Oregon shooting, Lott claimed, "The one thing in common" with this and other recent mass shootings "is to notice that yesterday, just like in all these other cases, they occur where guns are banned, where citizens are aren't able to go and defend themselves."

[color=#BF4000]Lott's claim that guns were "banned" at UCC is not accurate. While the school's policy prohibits guns inside of its buildings, Oregon law allows people with concealed carry permits to carry firearms on the grounds of public colleges and universities. In fact, a student who also happened to be a U.S. military veteran was carrying a gun on campus at the time of the shooting and described on MSNBC why he and other veterans he was with decided not to intervene, explaining, "Not knowing where SWAT was on their response time, they wouldn't have known who we were, if we had our guns ready to shoot they could think we were bad guys."[/color]

Lott's broader claim that mass shootings typically happen where guns are not allowed is also false. Of 134 mass shootings documented by Everytown for Gun Safety between January 2009 and July 2015, only 13 percent occurred where guns could not be carried:

GFB wrote:You must have your facts wrong.

I know for a fact this school is a gun free zone.

The school used its prerogative as employer to forbid any teacher or other employee (including the elderly guard) or student from having a firearm on the campus, or anyone having one inside a building, insuring that the gunman would have an unarmed pool of victims. Thus the only person who could legally carry on campus would be a visitor. The only person that I have seen reported as legally carrying was located too far away to respond before SWAT did, and his decision not to interfere with them was what any CCW instructor would have advised.

Return to “Your first forum”