a question for the ladies.

Description of your first forum.
millergrovesue

Re: a question for the ladies.

Postby millergrovesue » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:28 pm

GFB wrote:..but...but..but..

And that's exactly what it's about......'cept you need to add an extra "t". You guys have apparently never sat down into cold toilet water in the middle of the night. Nor have you plunked your butt down on a closed toilet lid. Both experiences are highly unpleasant and have the potential for injury............especially to the person who left the seat up. :evil: Courtesy is lid up seat down. The exception is in a home with a dog big enough to drink from the toilet. Then it's lid down.......another reason for not having big dogs. :)

I still think my solution is the best. Separate bathrooms. :D
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

ralph

Postby ralph » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:30 pm

have to keep your eyes open and turn on the light in my bathroom Sue , just common sense .

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:37 pm

ralph wrote:have to keep your eyes open and turn on the light in my bathroom Sue , just common sense .

Yes, for every problem they can come up with for not looking where they're sitting..I can come up with just as many problems if I don't pay attention as well!
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

ralph

Postby ralph » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:44 pm

reminds me of questions about doing dishes , ironing , vacuuming , cooking and all other everyday chores . No big deal in my house , just do the dishes as its a non issue , dishes need to be washed and its no particular person job imo . And that was taught to me by my DAD and that was 60 years ago . OFF TOPIC but a big deal to some people , women in particular !!

ralph

Postby ralph » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:57 pm

and my MOM mostly did the everyday raising of the kids while DAD worked for money . That being said , the idea that there is going to be a fight or a rule on terlit seat position is crazy , at least in this house !! ------------ I think that the old 'femi nazis' came up with that rule . [thanx Rush] ----------------- probably off topic !!

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:46 am

What the heck does Rush have to do with the AGE OLD struggle of seat up or down?

There are those of us who don't put the light on so as not to wake our partner. I navigate through the bedroom into the dressing room and then into the bathroom IN THE DARK so I don't wake up Hubs. He does the same thing. Putting the light on in the bathroom is OK IF you close the dressing room door. But then the cat hits the door "Let me in!"

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:20 am

ann jusko wrote: But then the cat hits the door "Let me in!"

Yeah, there is no cat/dog in the bathroom debate. The critters get what they want - period. :D :D

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:11 am

aww , ladies would still be trudging to outhouse with lit candle or lantern [turn on the light] or using a Chamber pot if some GUY didn't come up with indoor plumbing . As far as AGE OLD problem of terlit seat position . Well that problem has only been a problem since femi Nazis [thanx Rush] made it a problem , probably in the 60s or 70s .

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:32 am

In the ancient world people were capable of designing quite sophisticated toilets. Stone age farmers lived in a village at Skara Brae in the Orkney islands. Some of their stone huts had drains built under them and some houses had cubicles over the drains. They may have been inside toilets.

In Ancient Egypt rich people had proper bathrooms and toilets in their homes. Toilet seats were made of limestone. Poor people made do with a wooden stool with a hole in it. Underneath was a container filled with sand, which had to be emptied by hand. (If you were wealthy slaves did that!)

In the Indus Valley civilization (c.2,600-1,900 BC) streets were built on a grid pattern and networks of sewers were dug under them. Toilets were flushed with water.

On the island of Crete the Minoan civilization flourished from 2,000 to 1,600 BC. They too built drainage systems, which also took sewage. Toilets were flushed with water.

The Romans also built sewers to collect rainwater and sewage. (They even had a goddess of sewers called Cloacina!). Wealthy people had their own toilets but the Romans also built public lavatories. In them there was no privacy just stone seats next to one another without partitions of any kind. Despite the public lavatories many people still went in the street. After using the toilet people wiped their behinds with a sponge on a stick.

Who knows if a man or woman built/inspired them.

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:44 am

aww inspiration , WHO built practical indoor American bathrooms is the question , imo . I guess that it was probably the MEN in the vast majority of cases !!! Same as it was Men that dug outhouse pits and built a little house over the one holers or 2 holers Sue .
Last edited by ralph on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

GFB

Postby GFB » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:47 am

ralph wrote:aww inspiration , WHO built practical indoor American bathrooms is the question , imo . I guess that it was probably the MEN in the vast majority of cases !!! Same as it was Men that dug outhouse pits and built built a little house over the one holers or 2 holers Sue .

Did a woman design and build anything?

GFB

Postby GFB » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:48 am

GFB wrote:
ralph wrote:aww inspiration , WHO built practical indoor American bathrooms is the question , imo . I guess that it was probably the MEN in the vast majority of cases !!! Same as it was Men that dug outhouse pits and built built a little house over the one holers or 2 holers Sue .

(massive googling going on at the moment..there must be SOMETHING!)

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:57 am

ralph wrote:aww inspiration , WHO built practical indoor American bathrooms is the question , imo . I guess that it was probably the MEN in the vast majority of cases !!! Same as it was Men that dug outhouse pits and built a little house over the one holers or 2 holers Sue .

-------------------------------------------------- and probably did those things to make things NICER for the wife and daughters .

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:08 am

and in 2016 the modern woman [in some cases] wants to torture some poor guy with toilet seat position as if there is a right or wrong way to keep the toilet seat ready . Me , personally I just raise the seat [day or night] to avoid peeing or splashing on it , generally leave it raised and walk away . When I do use the seat in the down position I generally leave it down , wash my hands and walk away . Wife has never said anything about it and she always leaves the seat in the down position .

GFB

Postby GFB » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:32 am

GFB wrote:

..not a thing?

Damn..it's worse than I thought.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:57 am

I think it's a matter of being considerate. I admit I'm a germophobe, too. I put on disposable gloves to clean the toilet but it would be expensive if I had to put the seat down every time I have to go 'CAUSE I WOULD PUT GLOVES ON! You're not very considerate of your wife OR worse, your mother-in-law. I'd have been on you like a duck on a june bug for every one of those years of marriage. I never want to see you post on this board "Me,Me, Me!" again, Greg.

I do know Jami's husband and he is a considerate and kind man, besides being fun.

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:01 pm

OFF TOPIC , yeah Greg , they invent the Rules and Regulations that are enforced by more men in hats of Authority . See 'moms against guns' see 'sarah brady' see the lady [think it was a lady] that outlawed peanuts on airplanes and school lunchrooms if that rule is still in effect because she has a sick kid . My Mother woulda told me to stay away from peanuts rather than to adversely affect all the kids with a no peanut rule for All . See 'moochele' and her rules on foods and calories for American children in public school cafeterias . See the ladies that outlawed alcohol and made alcohol running gangsters richer than heck . See 'zero tolerance' that's enforced in public schools . Just guessing that the rule against chewing a pop tart into the shape of a gun and the 'ban bully' rules that stop a kid from taking care of his problem by punching the bully in the nose is a feminine lady type rule . Lot more but that's good for now !!

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:25 pm

Ralph, are you off your meds again? :P

Once again, I'm with Ann on this one. It's all about being considerate to the one you love. There are many many many things I do for Bob for that reason and vice versa.

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:31 pm

like I said earlier Consideration and respect runs both ways Sue !!

Jami

Postby Jami » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:49 pm

ann jusko wrote:I think it's a matter of being considerate. I admit I'm a germophobe, too. I put on disposable gloves to clean the toilet but it would be expensive if I had to put the seat down every time I have to go 'CAUSE I WOULD PUT GLOVES ON! You're not very considerate of your wife OR worse, your mother-in-law. I'd have been on you like a duck on a june bug for every one of those years of marriage. I never want to see you post on this board "Me,Me, Me!" again, Greg.

I do know Jami's husband and he is a considerate and kind man, besides being fun.

Thank you and yes he is.

Return to “Your first forum”