Description of your first forum.
Red Oak

Re: Tornado in Dallas!!!

Postby Red Oak » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:31 pm

I am a never Hillaryite!

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:05 pm

planosteve wrote:I don't remember ever having tornados in December here before. At least in the spring it clears up the next day. It's still raining and cold, 42 degrees.

Yeah, the killer tornado in '57 was in April

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:58 am

I finally heard from my friend in Rowlett. She said they were hit, but believe the house is liveable. But the safety inspectors haven't been there, yet. They do have a generator so she has the microwave, refrigerator and can charge her phone but has to drive out of the area to get a cell tower. I met her on Rockwall side of Hwy 66 bridge. I had fleece blankets, water, a couple casseroles and dog treats, of course.

Son has no power. I thought he told me 200 yards but it was actually 200 ft. from his condo. The police weren't going to let him back in (he went to work yesterday). He hadn't changed his driver's license address but managed to find some utility bills in his briefcase so he did get back in. He got the generators from his camper so has TV, refrigeration and stove. The neighbors are all helping each other. He has a propane heater and took it to the family across the street. They have 4 kids and it was bitter cold. He's got their milk and stuff in his refrigerator. He didn't lock up this morning so they'll have access to their food. He's very upbeat about how the neighbors are helping each other and the utility workers are working really hard to get the lines back up.

Return to “Your first forum”