What Is Racism

Description of your first forum.
millergrovesue

Re: What Is Racism

Postby millergrovesue » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:47 pm

Oh, and I forgot the "good Christian" employer I worked for part time who paid his Mexican employees starvation wages because they were illegal and he could get away with it. And he saw nothing wrong with that. And he saw nothing wrong with hiring illegals because he could get them on the cheap. He was the same person who told me he wasn't giving me a raise because I didn't "need" the money because Bob made plenty. Whole 'nother form of discrimination there. That was also late 90s.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:50 pm

I think the idea of..racism no longer being much of an issue takes away the eternal right of victim hood.
Victim hood is such a desirable and comfy place for so many.
Going it alone means..going without excuses, and keeps the eventual goal of "compensation" for the wrong done to my people or my gender..or my whatever.

This is why the race hustlers do their level best to insert race wherever they can..so that non racial events (Michael Brown) turn into worldwide racial events.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:50 pm

GFB wrote:
mayhem wrote:Racism--I can't define it but I know it when I see it.

When you are watching the local news, if you hear a story about a gas station or a 7/11 robbery, what color of the robber jumps to mind? (Something always does ... our brains traffic in symbolism)

When you stroll in a park and come across a Pug..do you react the same as when confronted by a pitbull or Rottweiler..some of this is just dumb.

Yes, the pitbull could be sweet and the pug could be mean..but you are more cautious with one of them..that's just common sense.

In life we come in contact with people. If you claim that there is a visually identifiably dangerous group simply strolling in the park, one of whom you have decided must be dangerous, how is that not discrimination/racism/prejudice?

I'm not saying it's unacceptable to be cautious. When you look at people there's little way that a glance will show you potential danger as their definitely is with Pitbulls. You can't know a Pit Bull's heart just like you cannot determine a gaggle of people.

And I agree with you ... some of your example is just, well, dumb.
All Life is Feudal

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:54 pm

Again: saying the NAACP is just ISIS only different by skin color is about the most egregious statement I have ever heard.

It is racist.

Very much so.
All Life is Feudal

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:24 pm

mayhem wrote:Again: saying the NAACP is just ISIS only different by skin color is about the most egregious statement I have ever heard.

It is racist.

Very much so.

Context, Mayhem, context. That comment was about the NAACP wanting to sandblast the figures off of Stone Mountain, similar to what ISIS (and the Taliban) have done.

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:02 pm

mayhem wrote:
GFB wrote:
mayhem wrote:Racism--I can't define it but I know it when I see it.

When you are watching the local news, if you hear a story about a gas station or a 7/11 robbery, what color of the robber jumps to mind? (Something always does ... our brains traffic in symbolism)

When you stroll in a park and come across a Pug..do you react the same as when confronted by a pitbull or Rottweiler..some of this is just dumb.

Yes, the pitbull could be sweet and the pug could be mean..but you are more cautious with one of them..that's just common sense.

In life we come in contact with people. If you claim that there is a visually identifiably dangerous group simply strolling in the park, one of whom you have decided must be dangerous, how is that not discrimination/racism/prejudice?

I'm not saying it's unacceptable to be cautious. When you look at people there's little way that a glance will show you potential danger as their definitely is with Pitbulls. You can't know a Pit Bull's heart just like you cannot determine a gaggle of people.

And I agree with you ... some of your example is just, well, dumb.

I was using the dog analogy for the sensitive types around here..I see I need to be more blunt.

The overwhelming majority of violent crime, is not done by the 75% of people that are white.

It is done by the 12% of people that are black.

That means only an idiot reacts the same when approached by a group of black males at night the same way they react to a group of white males.

Stop the tolerance charade..get real..and you will find yourself a person that can discuss matters like this in a civilized matter.

Rather than discuss, you'd just rather call everyone racist
..that's very weak and very lame.

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:38 am

jellowrestling wrote:
mayhem wrote:Again: saying the NAACP is just ISIS only different by skin color is about the most egregious statement I have ever heard.

It is racist.

Very much so.

Context, Mayhem, context. That comment was about the NAACP wanting to sandblast the figures off of Stone Mountain, similar to what ISIS (and the Taliban) have done.

IF you are right about context, it's not as bad as I thought. I hope.

But that kind of comparison is still purty bad. I can't think of a single thing that could be compared with ISIS.
All Life is Feudal

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:04 am

mayhem wrote:
But that kind of comparison is still purty bad. I can't think of a single thing that could be compared with ISIS.

Yep, purty bad. I hardly think sanding a mountain could be compared to cutting off heads and bombings.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:02 am

You are aware that when ISIS isn't beheading people they are destroying monuments and artifacts that offend them? It's part of the package.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:09 am

Are you saying the NAACP will take up the practice of beheading next? :roll:

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:19 am

I was simply responding to this comment: "I hardly think sanding a mountain could be compared to cutting off heads and bombings."

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:33 pm

Glad to hear it.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:14 pm

Both sides of our family are from the deep south. Some of the family members really got into genealogy. We have numerous ancestors that owned slaves. Some of my demands relatives are proud of it and brag about it. Yep, they are racists. They no longer come out here for visits.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:27 pm

I wonder if the perpetually aggrieved, ever consider where they would be if the United States and Colonies had never adopted the practice ?

I am a never Hillaryite!

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:40 pm

grouchy wrote:Both sides of our family are from the deep south. Some of the family members really got into genealogy. We have numerous ancestors that owned slaves. Some of my demands relatives are proud of it and brag about it. Yep, they are racists. They no longer come out here for visits.

Sounds like a good thing for all involved.

Our family never had enough money to own anyone or much of anything. Generations of Baptist preachers. Interesting note - my grandmother and her brother are buried at the IOOF cemetary on Lake Lavon. He was a missionary to Collin County.
Last edited by millergrovesue on Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:40 pm

Red Oak wrote:I wonder if the perpetually aggrieved, ever consider where they would be if the United States and Colonies had never adopted the practice ?

Inventing the wheel right now.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:43 pm

It is an uncomfortable.

Most of us in America would not be here; if not for some really bad stuff that happened else where. '

I am a never Hillaryite!

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:18 pm

Red Oak wrote:Most of us in America would not be here; if not for some really bad stuff that happened else where. '

Well, that could pretty much be said about world history in general.

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:19 pm

Red Oak wrote:It is an uncomfortable.

Most of us in America would not be here; if not for some really bad stuff that happened else where. '

Very true.

If not for extreme poverty brought on by the potato famine and persecution/subjugation by the English..my ancestors would most likely never have come.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:46 pm

Looks like y'all have succeeded in running CD off. Hope you are proud of yourselves. I shared some PMs with him. He's a really decent man. Shame on you all who treated him so poorly from his very first post. He would have never become "offensive" had y'all not been so blatantly hostile right up front.

Return to “Your first forum”