Your Texas Rangers

Description of your first forum.
BigTex

Re: Your Texas Rangers

Postby BigTex » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:34 am

I'm not a stats guy, but I'm a little perplexed about the criticism the Rangers in general and Odor in particular are getting about their defense. Odor certainly picked a bad time to make a bad throw, but the Rangers didn't lead the majors in DP's out of dumb luck.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:19 pm

crocmommy wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:Everyone knew the Rangers needed to trade for starting pitching. They couldn't get it. Need to get it in the off-season. But who would have predicted that Hamels would melt down at the end of the season?

Hamels AND Darvish???

Darvish was always a bit of a wild-card, coming off a major injury. But, yeah.

kent

Postby kent » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:28 pm

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to hear that Hamels is battling a shoulder injury.

Odor shouldn't have tried to make to play. Yes the catcher was running, but Elvis made a bad throw to start the DP and he wasn't in a good position to complete it. Too bad it had to end on that. At least Bautista struck out!

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:54 pm

kent wrote:It wouldn't surprise me in the least to hear that Hamels is battling a shoulder injury.

Odor shouldn't have tried to make to play. Yes the catcher was running, but Elvis made a bad throw to start the DP and he wasn't in a good position to complete it. Too bad it had to end on that. At least Bautista struck out!

My thoughts exactly. It was also nice to see Odor smoke one out.

tx3653

Postby tx3653 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:56 pm

Stupid managerial decision has sent the Rangers home for the next 5 months. Only saw the last inning. Why do you walk a batter to have first & second occupied with no outs and 1 mistake ends your season? Elvis was last years goat, guess Ruggie is this years for that bad throw to first. But shouldn't he have realized that runner was streaming toward home and thrown there instead?
Oh well, at least the season is over on my TV.

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:25 pm

tx3653 wrote:Stupid managerial decision has sent the Rangers home for the next 5 months. Only saw the last inning. Why do you walk a batter to have first & second occupied with no outs and 1 mistake ends your season? Elvis was last years goat, guess Ruggie is this years for that bad throw to first. But shouldn't he have realized that runner was streaming toward home and thrown there instead?

Donaldson hit a leadoff double. Putting a runner on first base to set up a force at third or a double play is a no-brainer in that situation.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:38 am

Mark wrote:
tx3653 wrote:Stupid managerial decision has sent the Rangers home for the next 5 months. Only saw the last inning. Why do you walk a batter to have first & second occupied with no outs and 1 mistake ends your season? Elvis was last years goat, guess Ruggie is this years for that bad throw to first. But shouldn't he have realized that runner was streaming toward home and thrown there instead?

Donaldson hit a leadoff double. Putting a runner on first base to set up a force at third or a double play is a no-brainer in that situation.

And it almost worked just like you draw it up.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:01 am

Giants shortstop made a bad throw to first that opened the floodgates for a four run ninth inning that allowed the Cubs to take series from Giants. The throw looked exactly like Odor's throw to Moreland that allowed Donaldson to score.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:13 pm

First Steve Busby, and now Jim Knox announces that he won't be back.

Who's going to talk to the Asians in the bleachers?

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:14 pm

Is Knox that guy that looks like Alan Combs?
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:21 pm

Mark wrote:Is Knox that guy that looks like Alan Combs?

Not a comparison I would have made but I guess so.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:21 pm

What the heck are the Rangers doing to their broadcast??? :o

Cowman52

Postby Cowman52 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:24 pm

Knox is the one with the face that got pulled too tight when they did the retread.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:53 am

I thought Knoxie was kind of a beating but you have to admire his enthusiasm for patrolling the stands looking for interviews. And for much of the season he did it in stifling heat.

Return to “Your first forum”