Did O'Reilly lie about his war reporting?

Description of your first forum.
BillB

Re: Did O'Reilly lie about his war reporting?

Postby BillB » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:56 pm

Red Oak wrote:Media Maggots is a very biased leftist organization; be very cautious about anything report.

That being said, O'Reilly is a blowhard, IMO.

If O'Reilly tries to confront this head-on (I don't think he will), he'll try to attack the source.
That's all he has.
It's a bald faced, provable lie. I think he'll leave it alone.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:16 pm

BillB wrote:
Red Oak wrote:Media Maggots is a very biased leftist organization; be very cautious about anything report.

That being said, O'Reilly is a blowhard, IMO.

If O'Reilly tries to confront this head-on (I don't think he will), he'll try to attack the source.
That's all he has.
It's a bald faced, provable lie. I think he'll leave it alone.

Ok, as I've said..I don't watch O'Reilly.

I also don't watch ANY network news..so I've heard nothing about this..except for what you've posted.

I just watched the first 10 minutes of his show...no mention of any of this..no "I'm leaving because I'm becoming the issue."

He's just doing what I imagine is his regular thing.

I'm thinking some of us watch too much MSNBC nd CNN..both of which, by the way..effectively don't exist in terms of ratings compared to Fox News.

This is a big nothing..and going nowhere.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:17 pm

If you watch crap..you will get crap.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:49 pm

GFB wrote:If you watch crap..you will get crap.

Not if you know it's crap. I find watching crap entertaining.
That's why I watch Bill-0. That and there's nothing else worth watching on at that hour.
"Nice little Jewish community you got here"-Arab world to Nut Job 8-)

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:09 pm

Now O'Reilly has responded that when he said he "saw nuns shot in the back of the head" he meant he had seen pictures of the bodies. By that standard I have witnessed nearly all the great historical events of the last century.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/oreilly-apparently-contradicted-himself-on-witnessing-nun-killings-fox-responds/

In the first, O’Reilly said, “I’ve seen guys gun down nuns in El Salvador.” In the second, he said, “I saw nuns get shot in the back of the head,” according to Media Matters.

The politically progressive media watchdog pointed out on Wednesday that Salvadorans had raped and murdered three American nuns and a lay worker in December 1980. But O’Reilly did not arrive in the country until the following year, according to his own timeline of events.

In “The No Spin Zone,” O’Reilly writes that he arrived in El Salvador to cover the conflict several weeks after he was promoted to CBS News correspondent in 1981.

O’Reilly responded that he was referring to seeing photographs, not the actual executions.

“While in El Salvador, reporters were shown horrendous images of violence that were never broadcast, including depictions of nuns who were murdered,” he said in a statement to Mediaite.

O’Reilly expanded upon why he brought up the pictures during his TV program on December 14, 2012, the day of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.

“The segment was about evil and how hard it is for folks to comprehend it. I used the murdered nuns as an example of that evil,” the statement reads. “That’s what I am referring to when I say ‘I saw nuns get shot in the back of the head.’ No one could possibly take that segment as reporting on El Salvador.”

BillB

Postby BillB » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:11 pm

I'm ready to see O'Reilly take on the Florida suicide lie.
You can bet he won't.

Return to “Your first forum”