cop pepper sprays motorist , flipped cop the finger

Description of your first forum.
ralph

Re: cop pepper sprays motorist , flipped cop the finger

Postby ralph » Sat May 23, 2015 4:28 pm

rather than opinion and emotion I put up SOME of the facts yesterday , cops do good and bad work but as I showed they do not have especially dangerous work nor are they low paid . As far as dangerous work they do not even rank in the top 10 of dangerous jobs and most of the especially dangerous jobs like fisherman and loggers make less than the police and all 3 provide PUBLIC SERVICE . If police don't like the pay let them go into higher paying jobs like airplane pilot if they can get the work . Course lots of cops in the upper ranks make as much as pilots . Check out the 'odmp' website that was linked and see that cops die of the same accidents , shooting , diseases that their taxpaying employers die from . Course the police have much better benefits and other perks plus they are mostly union workers . Logger , get out there and cut those trees or you won't make money . Fisherman , well you have to catch fish to make money . Police , well all they need do is show up for work , call in sick or take a vacation day .

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat May 23, 2015 4:31 pm

ralph wrote:rather than opinion and emotion I put up SOME of the facts yesterday , cops do good and bad work but as I showed they do not have especially dangerous work nor are they low paid . As far as dangerous work they do not even rank in the top 10 of dangerous jobs and most of the especially dangerous jobs like fisherman and loggers make less than the police and all 3 provide PUBLIC SERVICE . If police don't like the pay let them go into higher paying jobs like airplane pilot if they can get the work . Course lots of cops in the upper ranks make as much as pilots . Check out the 'odmp' website that was linked and see that cops die of the same accidents , shooting , diseases that their taxpaying employers die from . Course the police have much better benefits and other perks plus they are mostly union workers . Logger , get out there and cut those trees or you won't make money . Fisherman , well you have to catch fish to make money . Police , well all they need do is show up for work , call in sick or take a vacation day .

I think for most of us, life is a little bit more like the logger or the fisherman..though perhaps less dangerous.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

scarlett~nc

Postby scarlett~nc » Sat May 23, 2015 4:43 pm

oh yes, I did forget that cops just show up for work, go to the donut shop and sit all day long ..and make big bucks and 6 weeks vacations and huge retirements ...just like welfare

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sat May 23, 2015 4:50 pm

scarlett~nc wrote:oh yes, I did forget that cops just show up for work, go to the donut shop and sit all day long ..and make big bucks and 6 weeks vacations and huge retirements ...just like welfare

Yeah, if cop's jobs are so safe and well paid why isn't everyone lining up to be a cop?????

Far as if you don't like the pay of your job go get another job (which Ralph said) that's what I have to say to all the teachers out there whining about how poorly paid they are. And I've been jumped on almost every time I've said it.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat May 23, 2015 4:58 pm

all Police gotta do is go to work in a job that is not especially dangerous , a job making decent money and benefits in decent working conditions with good retirement . Logger or fisherman go out in all kindsa weather and cut trees with dangerous tools for less money than police . Same for fisherman and roofers according to my chart . Fisherman and logger , roofer take time off when no money is being made due to bad weather , no trees or no fish . Police have employment contracts I think while the other MORE dangerous jobs I mention do not . Mostly at will employees are doing fishing , roofing , logging and no contracts needed and the boys doing fishing , logging , roofing figure that they are lucky to have a job to make money for their Family.

scarlett~nc

Postby scarlett~nc » Sat May 23, 2015 5:32 pm

fishermen and loggers and roofers usually do not have a college education. My little town requires a 4 year college degree to join the force ..you get paid a little more when you have a higher degree than 12 grade or less. If the cops job is so easy and desirable , loggers, fishermen, plumbers, roofers get an education and join the force ..
edited to say by the way, my husband is a plumber

my niece is a sheriff deputy , she only went to technical school 2 years and joined the sheriff dept. She could not get on a police force in our area ..she is paid 20,000 a year, 1 week vacation.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat May 23, 2015 5:49 pm

could do I suppose but workers in more dangerous jobs like loggers and fishers , roofer may not want to be cops or go to college . Smart money nowadays says skip college and its big expenses and loans and indebtedness and just go to work in what you can find . Like I've said throughout the thread , cops want to be cops as its a good and relatively safe job . Lots of benefits , good work conditions and every police job draws lots of recruits and they are all volunteers for the jobs . My main point is the police are not 'Special' and I just want then to be treated as their taxpaying employers are treated . Course police and family members of police like the special treatment , good wages , benefits and treatment that police receive .

scarlett~nc

Postby scarlett~nc » Sat May 23, 2015 6:41 pm

no one is stopping you from being a cop for the high pay, benefits etc . My son-in-law is a captain , he is 45 , been on the force since he graduated at 22 from UNC ..his high salary is 57,200 a year ..he does have health insurance, vacation of 3 weeks and a retirement (that my daughter got half of when they divorced) don't know what his retirement will be, but he plans on supplementing it with coaching wrestling which he has done part time since college

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat May 23, 2015 6:48 pm

thanks but no thanks , last thing i'd want to do is work for a modern police org ..

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat May 23, 2015 6:49 pm

then again , maybe I'm a retired policeman pointing out the facts on police !!

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Sat May 23, 2015 8:29 pm

jellowrestling wrote:
GFB wrote:I seem to be the only living Conservative Republican that really hates the cops.

I've never had a "bad" experience with a cop in my life. Cops where I grew up were more like a private security force, and they were extremely polite and respectful to residents. First time I ever got stopped by a cop, he told me that my brake lights were out, told me not to stop suddenly on my way home (to avoid being rear-ended), and to be sure to get them fixed immediately, then told me to be careful and have a nice day. I'm polite to them, and they are polite to me.

Of course, I have never intentionally provoked them to see if they know all the fine details of Supreme Court rulings protecting my Constitutional rights to act like an a-hole.

Amen.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Sun May 24, 2015 10:38 am

The Former Police Chief of the Town I live in is still doing time for embezzlement and bribery.

I am a never Hillaryite!

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Sun May 24, 2015 10:46 am

I forgot to add a captain and motorcycle officer involved with the aforementioned chief were also charged with theft, and falsifying time sheets and similar offences, but reached a plea agreement and received probation.

I am a never Hillaryite!

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun May 24, 2015 10:58 am

there was a young guy that I used to work with about 15 years ago , he was trying to get into police work . At the same time there was a big scandal in that police department where police that were working and had access to drugs and guns [evidence] were caught selling those drugs and guns . Young guy told me that it wasn't correct for the police to do as they did but he could understand their criminal activity because police don't make ENOUGH money . Course we argued the issue because no matter what , the younger guy and possible future POLICE MAN's reasoning was twisted .

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun May 24, 2015 2:34 pm

just some info on the original incidentplus further information . --- http://www.inquisitr.com/2111753/cop-pe ... ger-video/ --- good article with links .

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun May 24, 2015 2:44 pm

ralph wrote:there was a young guy that I used to work with about 15 years ago , he was trying to get into police work . At the same time there was a big scandal in that police department where police that were working and had access to drugs and guns [evidence] were caught selling those drugs and guns . Young guy told me that it wasn't correct for the police to do as they did but he could understand their criminal activity because police don't make ENOUGH money . Course we argued the issue because no matter what , the younger guy and possible future POLICE MAN's reasoning was twisted .

Has nothing to do with the specific job. This guy's morality is the issue.............or rather lack thereof. He would be a detriment to any profession he pursues.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun May 24, 2015 2:56 pm

mechanic , logger or fisherman doesn't have authority over other people and their RIGHTS and Freedoms Sue .

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun May 24, 2015 3:01 pm

ralph wrote:mechanic , logger or fisherman doesn't have authority over other people and their RIGHTS and Freedoms Sue .

Immorality drags us all down regardless of occupation or profession. It may not always carry a gun but it always damages and destroys.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun May 24, 2015 3:15 pm

ralph wrote:mechanic , logger or fisherman doesn't have authority over other people and their RIGHTS and Freedoms Sue .

And when the loggers or fishermen get stupid..or start bullying us..we can slug them..and more.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Sun May 24, 2015 3:17 pm

Greg, you probably don't want to slug a Logger or Commercial Fisherman, that is unless you want a severe ass whipping.

I am a never Hillaryite!

Return to “Your first forum”