more on MR.Trump in Arkansas

Description of your first forum.
millergrovesue

Re: more on MR.Trump in Arkansas

Postby millergrovesue » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:57 am

Yep, if the Republicans continue hard lining it they will insure a democrat in the White House - again. The majority of this country clearly aren't hardliners.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:26 am

millergrovesue wrote:Yep, if the Republicans continue hard lining it they will insure a democrat in the White House - again. The majority of this country clearly aren't hardliners.

You wouldn't call Obama a hard liner?

He won twice.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:43 am

well good Sue , just part of my plan . And related , already Americans are lining up at Magnolia Hall in Sun City in anticipation of another MR. Trump speech . Overflow of attendees at Magnolia Hall has already been reached so it looks like good attendance and overflow has been moved to other premises , I think . Hilary or a bush or rubio , well , there is no difference in my opinion so might as well have 'hilary' or bernie !! At least Bernie isn't a huge gun grabber from what I hear .

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:43 am

I wouldn't call him a Republican hard liner - which is what I was talking about. :)

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:58 am

I'd call him hardline Conservative on the issues that concern me and which he is addressing and this is a Trump thread Sue . Anyway , yeah , Go Ted Cruz and D. Trump , maybe Ted and Trump as they both run as Repubs , much to the consternation of the 'rino repubs' and moderates that like the 'bush and roobio' types .

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:23 am

millergrovesue wrote:Yep, if the Republicans continue hard lining it they will insure a democrat in the White House - again. The majority of this country clearly aren't hardliners.

So who do you think the GOP should offer up that will guarantee a win?

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:31 am

millergrovesue wrote:I wouldn't call him a Republican hard liner - which is what I was talking about. :)

Ok, so you think hardliners of both parties need to stop what they're saying and doing?

The problem is..Hardliner Obama was elected twice..and hardliner Hillary is right behind him.

So hardliners seem to be doing very well.

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:57 am

BigTex wrote:

I don't think that repubs have a winner . The 2nd tier ones that I halfway like are Fiorino , Carson , and Santorum [maybe more] are all 2nd tier and I really know nothing about them . First tier there is only Trump , Cruz , maybe Walker but I wouldn't spend my vote on any of the rest of the first tier and might even vote against them . Just a comment !!

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:11 pm

and at Magnolia today . --- http://www.kcbd.com/story/29556821/repu ... t-sun-city --- quick perusal and it looks like Trump went after 'lindsey graham' as I see 'graham' mentioned so maybe that's the next outrage . Also , note the unbiased reporting and the use of the word CRASS in the headline .

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:14 pm

whoops , wrong article posted in last post so here you go . --- http://www.islandpacket.com/2015/07/21/ ... .html?rh=1 --- think that this is the right one .

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:32 pm

ralph wrote:
BigTex wrote:

I don't think that repubs have a winner . The 2nd tier ones that I halfway like are Fiorino , Carson , and Santorum [maybe more] are all 2nd tier and I really know nothing about them . First tier there is only Trump , Cruz , maybe Walker but I wouldn't spend my vote on any of the rest of the first tier and might even vote against them . Just a comment !!

So far I think I'm with Ralph. I think it's going to take what you guys refer to as a rhino. To me many of the ones you consider rhinos are moderate Republicans. That's what it's going to take - a moderate.

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:40 pm

and , think that's my point , many like me won't vote for any moderate . Might as well have Hilary or sanders as they are similar to an immigrant loving couple like bush and roobio . At least Bernie is halfway cool on guns , course it'll probably be 'hilary' [guess] . A bush or roobio will make moderate repubs happy and I can't be part of that Sue .

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:43 pm

millergrovesue wrote:
ralph wrote:
BigTex wrote: I don't think that repubs have a winner . The 2nd tier ones that I halfway like are Fiorino , Carson , and Santorum [maybe more] are all 2nd tier and I really know nothing about them . First tier there is only Trump , Cruz , maybe Walker but I wouldn't spend my vote on any of the rest of the first tier and might even vote against them . Just a comment !!

So far I think I'm with Ralph. I think it's going to take what you guys refer to as a rhino. To me many of the ones you consider rhinos are moderate Republicans. That's what it's going to take - a moderate.

Why is it Democrats do not need to search out a moderate..and why do they not even waste anytime worrying about it for their own party?

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:47 pm

and that's who Trumps rhetoric attacks . He attacks Moderates , moderates like bush , roobio , mccain , linsey graham and the 'gop' . I really don't know where Trumps heart actually is on any issues but I do know where the rinos hearts are because I've been watching and seeing the actions of rinos for the last 35 years [about] Sue .

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:50 pm

millergrovesue wrote: That's what it's going to take - a moderate.

You mean like John McCain?

Like Mitt Romney?

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:01 pm

Well, Gfb, the answer is fairly simple. It is a function of the base of the respective parties.

The Republican base is dominated by the Evangelical Christian Right and some one issue segments (abortion, gay rights, Islam). These are the people it is necessary to sway to obtain the nomination for the Republican Party. Moderations is not something these people have any respect or tolerance regarding. So, candidates on the Right that would be moderate conservatives have no place in the GOP. They are no more welcome there than I am here.

I think most of them wind up calling themselves Libertarians. It doesn't matter, they are unwanted and essentially powerless due to the high premium placed on ideological purity by the so called base.

Now, the Dems are a truly diverse party. This is one of the criticisms I hear often...too much diversity, too much PC...and I sort of agree. but, this environment creates the potential for many different coalitions forming that could nominate a candidate. Also, in this environment, MODERATION is a prized commodity whereas it is akin to a mortal sin to Conservatives. If anything, Democratic candidates are too moderate for my personal taste. The Democrats don't eat their young in the primary process, GfB...and so they have plenty of moderates.

Now, you asked a question and I gave it a serious answer. I doubt you will much like the answer but that doesn't change the fact that it is a fair and reasonable answer to your question.

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:04 pm

Castle Doctrine wrote:Well, Gfb, the answer is fairly simple. It is a function of the base of the respective parties.

The Republican base is dominated by the Evangelical Christian Right and some one issue segments (abortion, gay rights, Islam). These are the people it is necessary to sway to obtain the nomination for the Republican Party. Moderations is not something these people have any respect or tolerance regarding. So, candidates on the Right that would be moderate conservatives have no place in the GOP. They are no more welcome there than I am here.

I think most of them wind up calling themselves Libertarians. It doesn't matter, they are unwanted and essentially powerless due to the high premium placed on ideological purity by the so called base.

Now, the Dems are a truly diverse party. This is one of the criticisms I hear often...too much diversity, too much PC...and I sort of agree. but, this environment creates the potential for many different coalitions forming that could nominate a candidate. Also, in this environment, MODERATION is a prized commodity whereas it is akin to a mortal sin to Conservatives. If anything, Democratic candidates are too moderate for my personal taste. The Democrats don't eat their young in the primary process, GfB...and so they have plenty of moderates.

Now, you asked a question and I gave it a serious answer. I doubt you will much like the answer but that doesn't change the fact that it is a fair and reasonable answer to your question.

I do not know what question you are answering..not aware I've asked anything of you in the last few days.

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:07 pm

good point B.T. , I also include 'gwb' as moderate I didn't vote for him in his second run for pres . I think that he was the 'Compassionate conservative' or the guy that practiced 'conservatism while seeing a thousand points of light' . Course he won but I didn't vote for him !! Then mccain , didn't vote for him , did vote for romney I'm afraid . Just won't ever go moderate again .

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:08 pm

When I ask people questions..others can answer if they want..but more times than not, the question is for that person specifically.

..because of a comment they have made that sends up a red flag for me.

..ie..when I ask a question, I already know the answer to it, and it is my polite way to nudge that person back to reality.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:56 pm

GFB wrote:When I ask people questions..others can answer if they want..but more times than not, the question is for that person specifically.

..because of a comment they have made that sends up a red flag for me.

..ie..when I ask a question, I already know the answer to it, and it is my polite way to nudge that person back to reality.

Oh, I doubt that seriously. You clearly neither knew nor understood the answer to this one.

Return to “Your first forum”