Bombing of Doctors without Borders Hospital

Description of your first forum.
ralph

Re: Bombing of Doctors without Borders Hospital

Postby ralph » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:07 am

I'd like to see some Examples of the crap that's spewed . What are the EXAMPLES ??

Fitzroy

Postby Fitzroy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:16 am

And so it begins. Another lovely day at TxD.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:18 am

ann jusko wrote:I'm appalled at the attitude of some posters here. Doctors without Borders is a very fine organization. Why do you think they became doctors and nurses? Because they are "helping" human beings! Just because YOU aren't doesn't mean we don't desparately need care takers. Selfish and uncaring about people...... Most medical staff volunteers for 6 months at a time and then back to their practices in the U.S. So many volunteer to go to teach native doctors new procedures in surgery, infectious diseases. My son's girlfriend goes to Honduras once a year. One of his best friend's wife, a doctor, volunteers to go and teach new surgical techniques to doctors in foreign lands. I admire both of them so much and am a little jealous that I can't do it.
I really can't stand the ones who, while not contributing much to society have the arrogance to condemn or belittle the ones who do have a calling to help their fellow humans. Sorry you're so bankrupt morally.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I think that doctors in war zones oughta smarten up and stay outa war zones if they don't want to take the chance on becoming collateral damage . That's my take on it , nothing more , nothing less . War isn't going to Stop just because doctors [or reporters or dual citizens ] are there . Also don't like that these doctors patch up the enemy . USA military has its own Doctors so American soldiers would be in good shape if they are in vicinity and that's all that I'm concerned with !!

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:38 am

And you still don't understand the "calling" of medical personnel. BTW, military doctors DO treat the enemy, too. Are they traitors, too? Or stupid? Not on your life!

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:46 am

I'm not impressed with the private calling of doctors any more than I am impressed with anyones privately decided calling . doctors in war zones might get killed and that's just a fact of life Ann !! [jmo]

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:52 am

I've been to Honduras a few times..and every other country in Central America, too.

I suppose you could say I go to help people.

I guess I must be a really good person.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:57 am

ralph wrote:I'm not impressed with the private calling of doctors any more than I am impressed with anyones privately decided calling . doctors in war zones might get killed and that's just a fact of life Ann !! [jmo]

Maybe I'm supposed to be, but no..I'm not impressed with anyone's private calling.

I'm impressed that they had the determination and work ethic to get all the training needed, and I'm glad most of them make a very good living because of it.

I'm also glad I live in a Capitalist society, in which..their drive to succeed benefits me to be able to purchase their services.

..just like every other career.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:00 am

thing is that these doctors are just learning big time wound care . They are probably trauma surgeons working on injuries not yet available in areas that they come from . Sort of like experimentation . Lets them do it , ok with me but there are risks involved that they should be aware of .

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:02 am

ralph wrote:I'd like to see some Examples of the crap that's spewed . What are the EXAMPLES ??

Some people are appalled to find out there are people that disagree with them.

That doesn't happen to me very often..(getting appalled). I've worked all my life as a Conservative amongst far left people.

Most times I just clammed up, but if someone asked..oh yeah..I told 'em.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:04 am

ann jusko wrote:And you still don't understand the "calling" of medical personnel. BTW, military doctors DO treat the enemy, too. Are they traitors, too? Or stupid? Not on your life!

As far as I know, Doctors Without Borders are not military doctors.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:06 am

Fitzroy wrote:And so it begins. Another lovely day at TxD.

All it takes, is let people have their little say..disagree if you want to..but leave out the drama and emotional reactions when possible.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:21 am

Fitzroy wrote:And so it begins. Another lovely day at TxD.

I'm going out to kill some broadleaf weeds before Car Talk and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me. Have I mentioned I HATE pledge drives???? WRR had one 2 days last week. Arrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Then I'll be indoors upgrading the website (making it html5 compliant and mobile device friendly) of a great client who makes handmade pens, bottle stoppers, seam rippers, and other great items. Looking of a unique Christmas gift? Check out http://timberwoodhandcrafteddesigns.com/ Yep, that was a plug. My sis bought her hubby a 30 CALIBER BOLT ACTION BULLET CARTRIDGE PEN last Christmas. He loves it. I'll be adding some 70 bottle stoppers to Phil's site while I'm at it.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:24 am

30 caliber WHAT??

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:16 am

Ralph are you being obtuse? Of course I know that military doctors aren't Doctors Without Borders. I've worked with and for military doctors. However, I'm sure a few of the ones I worked with probably do volunteer for Doctors Without Borders. When I was in the military, most of our doctors were drafted or went to the military medical school. But they were (most of them) very dedicated to providing great care to patients. So what's your point?

Greg, you're all heart........being paid to go to Honduras to make music doesn't make you a volunteer. You'd never go if it wasn't for the money. BTW, I've been a conservative much longer than you. You actually give real conservatives a bad name. We're always being told conservatives have no heart and you may be contributing to that lie.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:19 am

You need to bring your sense of humor..relax..and don't be so ready for a fight.

Of course I wouldn't go to Honduras if it didn't pay me something..that was GFB humor.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:25 am

..but to be serious..no, I've never heard Conservatives have no heart..so, it's not something I've had to pretend to be anything other than what I am about.

But, for someone who apparently thinks they're full of heart..you sure sound angry a lot.

And if doctors go into their profession for any other reason other than to make money from being good at what they do..no, I can't relate to that..nor can I with any other profession.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:27 am

GFB wrote:30 caliber WHAT??

Yeah, pens. They are really neat. http://timberwoodhandcrafteddesigns.com ... -pen.shtml

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:27 am

millergrovesue wrote:

Yeah, pens. They are really neat. http://timberwoodhandcrafteddesigns.com ... -pen.shtml

My sister's husband is a gun collector.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:28 am

millergrovesue wrote:

I like those.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:29 am

You might notice CD is not the only one aboard that likes to pull the old Context Switcheroo. The subject of the thread is about why this hospital was bombed. Was it really an accident or was it murder? Not the dangers that "silly" civilians may encounter in war zones.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

Return to “Your first forum”