Your Texas Rangers

Description of your first forum.
Mark

Re: Your Texas Rangers

Postby Mark » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:25 am

We're not hearing much from the JD bashers these days.

The Nolan Ryan butt-kissers have been pretty silent, too.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Jim Jack

Postby Jim Jack » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:45 am

Mark wrote:We're not hearing much from the JD bashers these days.

The Nolan Ryan butt-kissers have been pretty silent, too.

I think they've all taken to Tweeting their complaints about the lineups and whatnot. I nearly unfollowed Evan Grant last night because of all the stupid stuff he gets. Here is a Tweet from a random fan who noticed it.

Watching @Evan_P_Grant field questions by upset #Rangers fans as they enjoy one of the best starts in franchise history, priceless. #MLB

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:10 am

I've also heard lots of bashing of reigning AL Manager of the Year Jeff Bannister.

Those idiots have also been rather silent lately.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:55 pm

Mark wrote:I've also heard lots of bashing of reigning AL Manager of the Year Jeff Bannister.

Those idiots have also been rather silent lately.

Anyone who purports to support the Rangers should be thrilled with what has happened under Banister (oddly, that is the correct spelling; it's hard for me to type that :) ). Any other opinion just doesn't matter. If something changes in the next 4 months, then we'll talk. Otherwise, the nay-sayers need to shut up and find Skip Bayless on whatever dark corner of the internet he inhabits.

Jim Jack

Postby Jim Jack » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:51 pm

They come from behind and win again, sweeping the Cards.

I was amused at Eric Nadel's description of all of the empty seats, comparing that many no-shows to LA Angels fans. It was a sell out, but about a third of the seats were empty.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:25 pm

Jim Jack wrote:They come from behind and win again, sweeping the Cards.

I was amused at Eric Nadel's description of all of the empty seats, comparing that many no-shows to LA Angels fans. It was a sell out, but about a third of the seats were empty.

And we'll still be inundated with the BS that Cardinals' fans are superior to all other fans.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:54 am

I was impressed with Mitch Moreland beating out that throw to 2nd base. Good hustle.

Also was interesting to watch Cole Hamels up to bat....in a girlie kind of way. :D

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:47 am

They have to keep putting wins in the bank as there is almost certainly going to be a slump sometime between now and October.

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:42 pm

Derek Holland seems like Bobby Witt all over again....

....all the talent in the world, and not a clue what to do with it.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:44 pm

But his Schwarzenegger is superb.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:11 pm

Mark wrote:

And we'll still be inundated with the BS that Cardinals' fans are superior to all other fans.

The FS1 announcers mentioned that the Cardinals pitching, hitters, coaching, organization, fans, stadium, hot dogs, tradition and mojo are the best in baseball. Oh, and the Rangers won.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:43 am

Rangers won over the Orioles last night in spite of Derek Holland. 10 games up in the AL West.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:38 pm

The Orioles had 15 hits (9 off Holland) and still lost.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:35 pm

BigTex wrote:The Orioles had 15 hits (9 off Holland) and still lost.

I couldn't watch most of it. Did the defense save the Rangers? Did their defense give it away?

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:52 pm

I think Baltimore had base runners every inning, but couldn't get them home.

kent

Postby kent » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:39 pm

jellowrestling wrote:
Mark wrote:

The FS1 announcers mentioned that the Cardinals pitching, hitters, coaching, organization, fans, stadium, hot dogs, tradition and mojo are the best in baseball. Oh, and the Rangers won.

Check the attendance year in and year out. The Cardinals fans are among the topps in baseball (see what I did there).

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:49 pm

kent wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:
Mark wrote:And we'll still be inundated with the BS that Cardinals' fans are superior to all other fans.

Check the attendance year in and year out. The Cardinals fans are among the topps in baseball (see what I did there).

I don't think Mark's point was whether it's true or not. It was the fact that they must have kept going on and on about it.

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:22 pm

kent wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:
Mark wrote:And we'll still be inundated with the BS that Cardinals' fans are superior to all other fans.

Does showing up for the game and forking over your money make you a superior fan?

The thing that really pisses me off is when these faux "experts" start spewing that crap that Cardinals' fans are more knowledgeable than other fans. It's complete BS.

I regard Cardinals fans the same way I do San Antonio Spurs fans. They're mostly just snobbish assholes.

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:32 pm

How does that work..determining that a particular team's fans are superior.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:35 pm

GFB wrote:How does that work..determining that a particular team's fans are superior.

Simple: make up your own criteria based on whatever you think the characteristics are of your favorite team's fans.

Personally, I think the Rangers fans are great. They have unfailingly supported the team for nearly 50 years while being only modestly competitive. It is rare to hear Rangers fans boo the hometown heroes, even when the team (or an individual player) is playing abysmally, and there are many fans who follow the team from city to city.

It also warms my heart to hear the way Rangers fans lustily boo Alex Rodriguez and Jose Bautista, two of the biggest jerks in the game. (Mark Teixeira, too, but that's just personal. He turned down a big contract to stay with the Rangers to play for a "winning team". It actually worked out well, because the Rangers got several key players by trading him to Atlanta, and went to a couple of World Series as a result).

Return to “Your first forum”