Your Texas Rangers

Description of your first forum.
jellowrestling

Re: Your Texas Rangers

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:39 pm

crocmommy wrote:
kent wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:The FS1 announcers mentioned that the Cardinals pitching, hitters, coaching, organization, fans, stadium, hot dogs, tradition and mojo are the best in baseball. Oh, and the Rangers won.

Check the attendance year in and year out. The Cardinals fans are among the topps in baseball (see what I did there).

I don't think Mark's point was whether it's true or not. It was the fact that they must have kept going on and on about it.

Oh, good Lord, it was ridiculous.

And I think the Cardinals are the winningest team in the history of the National League. Year in and year out, most fans will follow a winner, so "big deal".

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:28 pm

kent wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:
Mark wrote:And we'll still be inundated with the BS that Cardinals' fans are superior to all other fans.

The FS1 announcers mentioned that the Cardinals pitching, hitters, coaching, organization, fans, stadium, hot dogs, tradition and mojo are the best in baseball. Oh, and the Rangers won.

Check the attendance year in and year out. The Cardinals fans are among the topps in baseball (see what I did there).

The Cowboys average attendance last year was almost 91,500. It's about 90,000 every year.

I suspect that when the Rangers start playing in an air-conditioned park, attendance will rise dramatically. Especially if the parking isn't a nightmare.

kent

Postby kent » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:14 am

jellowrestling wrote:
kent wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:The FS1 announcers mentioned that the Cardinals pitching, hitters, coaching, organization, fans, stadium, hot dogs, tradition and mojo are the best in baseball. Oh, and the Rangers won.

The Cowboys average attendance last year was almost 91,500. It's about 90,000 every year.

I suspect that when the Rangers start playing in an air-conditioned park, attendance will rise dramatically. Especially if the parking isn't a nightmare.

very doubtful. there are true Rangers fans, then there are the front-runners who show up around playoff time.

Rangers @ Cardinals (last home game for Cardinals) attendance 44,897 98.9% full for mid-June game. 90 degrees Oh, outside.

Orioles @ Rangers (two first place teams) 33,366 73.5% full 92 degrees

June 15th, Wednesday

Astros @ Cardinals 42,008 92.5% full 95 degrees

June 8th, Wednesday

Astros @ Texas (in-state rivalry) 37,696 78.3% full 89 degrees

My point is, the Cardinals have an outdoor stadium and its just as hot now, but humidity there is awful. The Cardinals are hovering at 50/50 and they fill the stadium night in and night out. Rangers are in first place and are having a great season. they fill the stadium if it's opening day, or time to clinch the division. Only fill the stadium for "big" games - front runners.

Yes, the Cardinals have had a ton of success. great organization. When they have down years, they fill the stadium. It's laughable that you're saying Rangers fans are better than Cardinals fans. Cardinals fans travel well too!

Cardinals, Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs. top 4 fans in baseball.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:48 am

This team sucks.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:25 am

BigTex wrote:This team sucks.

It was just one game. Gonna happen.

Anyway, don't think you can compare Cowboys attendance to Rangers attendance. It's apples and oranges. The rangers play way more home games than the cowboys....about 80 for Rangers and 8 or 9 for Cowboys. Cowboys are almost always on weekends with most of rangers during the week and during the heat of summer. So I don't think you can compare. That being said, I haven't made it to a Rangers game yet due to kids, work and money, but plan on making a few. Never, made it to a Cowboy game. Almost did one last year but it was so expensive to sit so far away....

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:17 pm

I didn't say Rangers fans are better than Cardinals fans. I know nothing about Cardinals fans, except that they are d*mb*sses who live in St. Louis. They also haven't had a basketball team in nearly 50 years, and they are about to lose their second pro football franchise. The Rangers have to compete with one of the most popular sports franchises in the history of sports.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:19 pm

crocmommy wrote:

Anyway, don't think you can compare Cowboys attendance to Rangers attendance. It's apples and oranges. The rangers play way more home games than the cowboys....about 80 for Rangers and 8 or 9 for Cowboys. Cowboys are almost always on weekends with most of rangers during the week and during the heat of summer. So I don't think you can compare. That being said, I haven't made it to a Rangers game yet due to kids, work and money, but plan on making a few. Never, made it to a Cowboy game. Almost did one last year but it was so expensive to sit so far away....

How many people do you think would attend Rangers games if there were no Cowboys or Mavericks? That's the situation they have in St. Louis.

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:28 pm

I watched the entire Rangers/Cardinals series on TV this past weekend. There weren't anywhere near 40,000 people in those seats. They may have sold the tickets, but the people didn't bother to show up for the games.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:17 am

jellowrestling wrote:
crocmommy wrote:

How many people do you think would attend Rangers games if there were no Cowboys or Mavericks? That's the situation they have in St. Louis.

That's a good question that I don't know the answer to. I think many that are Cowboys fans are not ever going to be baseball fans. The game is too slow for them and not much hitting going on. But that is just my opinion. I enjoy watching both. My least favorite sport out of the "Big Four" to watch is hockey. I used to enjoy basketball, but just lost interest for some reason I can't put a finger on.

kent

Postby kent » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:23 pm

Ah, the it's not Texas, so they're all dumb asses bit.

They have filled that stadium for years, they have had success with or without the football team being there. They Support the Blues every year, not just when they are competitive. BFD they don't have a basketball team. The Cardinals and Rams got support, the owners chose to leave and chase big dollars, Let's see how much support the Rams get in LA. They're not front-runners

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:17 pm

kent wrote:Ah, the it's not Texas, so they're all dumb asses bit.

They have filled that stadium for years, they have had success with or without the football team being there. They Support the Blues every year, not just when they are competitive. BFD they don't have a basketball team. The Cardinals and Rams got support, the owners chose to leave and chase big dollars, Let's see how much support the Rams get in LA. They're not front-runners

Out of 32 teams, the last six years the Rams finished 32, 30, 31, 30, 31, and 30 in attendance. The Cowboys, who have only had one winning season in that time, ranked 1, 1, 1, 1, 1... and 1.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:17 pm

The Cardinals also left because their attendance sucked.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:32 pm

Oh, and BTW: Missouri was called the "Show Me State" because the people there were considered to be so stupid that you had to show them how to do everything. They turned it around and said it is due to their skepticism. I got one word for you: Ozarks...

Mark

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:31 pm

crocmommy wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:
crocmommy wrote:

That's a good question that I don't know the answer to. I think many that are Cowboys fans are not ever going to be baseball fans. The game is too slow for them and not much hitting going on. But that is just my opinion. I enjoy watching both. My least favorite sport out of the "Big Four" to watch is hockey. I used to enjoy basketball, but just lost interest for some reason I can't put a finger on.

Today's NBA is unwatchable.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:34 am

Mark wrote:Today's NBA is unwatchable.

It's never been the same since they started wearing culottes.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:30 am

jellowrestling wrote:
Mark wrote:Today's NBA is unwatchable.

It's never been the same since they started wearing culottes.

bwahahahahaha

Seriously, I think some of it is the thuggery that goes on. But it goes on in the NFL too. I just don't know.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:04 am

Another big win for the Hometown Heroes. Came off last night's disappointment and wore out the offending sox.

Jim Jack

Postby Jim Jack » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:40 pm

jellowrestling wrote:Another big win for the Hometown Heroes. Came off last night's disappointment and wore out the offending sox.

And they did it again on Sunday. It makes me really happy to see the Red Sox Nation (I hate that name) go home after watching their team lose again to the Rangers. I wonder how many of them are native Texans.

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:48 pm

Screw Joe Girardi.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:54 pm

This is bull shit.

Return to “Your first forum”