The kids crossing the border

Description of your first forum.
LibraryLady

The kids crossing the border

Postby LibraryLady » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:46 pm

I have felt very conflicted about this and wrestling with myself over "what should the US do?"
one side: These are KIDS. I'd give food to anyone really hungry/clothing to needy etc. etc. What does Christ say to do about the poor/children/needy? human decency etc.
other side: These are here illegally. Who transported them from Central America to our border? I don't want any more illegals...deport them...border integrity etc.

I finally came to the conclusion that the issue has 2 stages: the immediate response and the long term response.

Immediate response is to handle the human needs of hunger/shelter/clothing etc. So, in that regard, set up the shelters etc. However, keep them in the shelters until deportation--don't send them out into society to return later for a hearing.

Long range: Deport them since they came illegally. It is not right to let them "jump the line" for legal status. Do whatever we have to do to stop the flow across the border.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

Grassman

Re: The kids crossing the border

Postby Grassman » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:48 pm

How do you feel about these kids being nothing more than political props for the left? It's pretty pathetic, but that's the left today.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:52 pm

I find it hard to believe that "the left" imported them...........

I am disgusted when either side manipulates any situation. Both sides will hop on any issue and try to manipulate the situation to suit their needs.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

Grassman

Postby Grassman » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:56 pm

LibraryLady wrote:I find it hard to believe that "the left" imported them...........

I am disgusted when either side manipulates any situation. Both sides will hop on any issue and try to manipulate the situation to suit their needs.

Believe it.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:58 pm

LibraryLady wrote:I find it hard to believe that "the left" imported them...........

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=908&p=6057#p6057

Cowman52

Postby Cowman52 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:13 pm

Queen Nancy proclaims we are all Americans, sure sounds like an invite to me.
The disease threat to people and livestock could turn the U S into a country with NO food, no way to quarantine measles, polio, or about any other disease that had thought to be eliminated.
We should not have any choice but tearing down the border means nearly as much to the left as abortion and single payer health systems.
Life is tough but in the end our life on this side of the river is a bigger deal than theirs on the other side.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:15 pm

That is a knee slapped right there LL. :^)

But. I agree with you on humane treatment until they are sent home.

I am a never Hillaryite!

grace

Postby grace » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:14 pm

LL, you stated it well and for the most part, I'm in agreement with you. Smugglers (coyotes, sp?) were paid a lot of money to bring the children through Mexico and to our border. It's a dangerous trip and as children are unsupervised, they are easily abused.

As far as this being a plan by Obama, I'm on the fence about that. It seems that Obama chooses options based on how it will help him politically rather that what is good for the country long term. I think he just made a change today, in order to please his left base. He continues to blame the Republicans for not coming up with a immigration plan, however, keeping our border secure, is a law, not an immigration plan, and he is not enforcing the law.

Jami

Postby Jami » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:53 am

grace wrote:LL, you stated it well and for the most part, I'm in agreement with you. Smugglers (coyotes, sp?) were paid a lot of money to bring the children through Mexico and to our border. It's a dangerous trip and as children are unsupervised, they are easily abused.

I wonder how many died before they got here. :(

Ryan

Postby Ryan » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:56 am

I am down in the hot bed of Mcallen right now. To say it is a problem is an understatement.

Every hotel is full to the brim with Border Agents and State Troopers.

I have had a chance to visit with them quite a bit. Stuff you won't hear on MSM.

The major drug cartels are taking over the coyotes jobs. They will get the kids half way here, then demand ransom money from the families. If they don't pay, fingers get cut off and sent back. This is coming from Law Enforcement.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:39 am

Worst. President. Ever.

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 am

Ryan wrote:I am down in the hot bed of Mcallen right now. To say it is a problem is an understatement.

Every hotel is full to the brim with Border Agents and State Troopers.

I have had a chance to visit with them quite a bit. Stuff you won't hear on MSM.

The major drug cartels are taking over the coyotes jobs. They will get the kids half way here, then demand ransom money from the families. If they don't pay, fingers get cut off and sent back. This is coming from Law Enforcement.

I agree with Rush..the Border Agents are the new coyotes.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:21 am

I think the Red Cross should deal with the humanitarian issues, and our government should concentrate on sending them back.

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:34 am

They're not going back.

They're released and told to show up for a hearing..then just disappear.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:24 am

Ryan wrote:The major drug cartels are taking over the coyotes jobs. They will get the kids half way here, then demand ransom money from the families. If they don't pay, fingers get cut off and sent back. This is coming from Law Enforcement.

I read this is some MSM last week.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:37 pm

4 years ago Arizona Senator Kyle had a private meeting with Obama, Kyle reported that Obama said he would not increase border security until the Republicans passed an Amnesty Bill; Obama was using the invasion as a political weapon.

I believe Kyle was telling the Truth.

I am a never Hillaryite!

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:59 pm

Why don't they just put them all in the Astrodome? I think it's available.

kent

Postby kent » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:37 pm

or in the Superdome? It worked before.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:48 pm

The only solution is to return to the policy that made this country the greatest in the world. Open borders.
"Nice little Jewish community you got here"-Arab world to Nut Job 8-)

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:40 pm

If little kids are streaming in our Borders are wide open !

I am a never Hillaryite!

Return to “Your first forum”