Pit Bulls

Description of your first forum.
Dancer

Pit Bulls

Postby Dancer » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:49 pm

With the demise of DD on the way, there may some here that are completely new to this family. Dancer is what I go by here and on CB Radio. Yes, I'm a Truck Driver. I drive the most hated type of Truck around. A Rock Truck. I also am Pit Bull 24/7. The finest breed of dog on the planet. "There are no bad dogs" Comments welcome. And a post later why I feel the way I do about my breed of choice.

GFB

Re: Pit Bulls

Postby GFB » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:54 pm

....and.......off we go!!!
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:58 pm

GFB wrote:....and.......off we go!!!

GFB, Good you are here. Looking forward to this.

PlanoSooner

Postby PlanoSooner » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:04 pm

Had a loooong conversation with a friend of mine who raised pit bulls.

He claimed that the owner is the problem.... not the breed...... i agreed AND disagreed.

beat a labrador and it cows down.... beat a pit and it fights back. So, imo, the breeds are very different in the attitude department.

The biggest problem is it's reputation. Thugs want to have a 'badass' dog on a leash and be seen with that badass dog like it will make themselves look more badass(i guess)

ask my friend who had a 4yr old boy SCALPED by a pit bull what he thinks...... you will get less of a PC response.
Better Ingredients..... Better Moderators....

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:10 pm

PlanoSooner wrote:Had a loooong conversation with a friend of mine who raised pit bulls.

He claimed that the owner is the problem.... not the breed...... i agreed AND disagreed.

beat a labrador and it cows down.... beat a pit and it fights back. So, imo, the breeds are very different in the attitude department.

The biggest problem is it's reputation. Thugs want to have a 'badass' dog on a leash and be seen with that badass dog like it will make themselves look more badass(i guess)

ask my friend who had a 4yr old boy SCALPED by a pit bull what he thinks...... you will get less of a PC response.

I'm quite sure if someone or something goes after little Mei-Ling..she's fighting back..(all 9 1/2 lbs.)

Prissy will, too..all 18 1/2 years..though she'll be about 2 minutes late.

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:19 pm

PlanoSooner wrote:Had a loooong conversation with a friend of mine who raised pit bulls.

Sorry, no sale. A Lab will defend itself when beaten badly enough. You DO NOT BEAT any dog for any reason. I am not now, or have ever been a thug. I raise and show every Pit I have ever had right. Later, my post about them will come, plus an Obit that The Star Telegram published years ago with why that Dog got me out of my bad times. I am on battery power now but will be back.

PlanoSooner

Postby PlanoSooner » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:22 pm

Dancer wrote:

Sorry, no sale. A Lab will defend itself when beaten badly enough. You DO NOT BEAT any dog for any reason. I am not now, or have ever been a thug. I raise and show every Pit I have ever had right. Later, my post about them will come, plus an Obit that The Star Telegram published years ago with why that Dog got me out of my bad times. I am on battery power now but will be back.

didnt say YOU were a thug. i meant that the thugs have changed the image of these pets. they encourage their dog to be viscous and intimidating.
not all pit bull owners act like that
but what is the perception of that dog my most people? it isnt good.

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:25 pm

Heads removed from posteriors would help.

crackertoes

Postby crackertoes » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:07 pm

Neighbor acquired a pit bull recently. I won't walk past her house anymore and I go inside mine when she walks that dog by my yard. I will never be convinced they are safe pets.
Some coffee cups are just too small.Image

scarlett~nc

Postby scarlett~nc » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:21 pm

crackertoes wrote:Neighbor acquired a pit bull recently. I won't walk past her house anymore and I go inside mine when she walks that dog by my yard. I will never be convinced they are safe pets.

I have a neighbor (for the life of me I don't understand) that has 5 pit bulls, all are strictly house dogs. and they walk two at a time several times a day. My American Bulldog does not behave as well as these Pits do when walking. Other dogs and people walk by them without a look. They don't scare me at all. Now, we also have a beagle that runs loose in the neighborhood and he has tried to bite me twice ..I carry a golf club when walking toward his house.

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:18 pm

scarlett~nc wrote:
crackertoes wrote:Neighbor acquired a pit bull recently. I won't walk past her house anymore and I go inside mine when she walks that dog by my yard. I will never be convinced they are safe pets.

I have a neighbor (for the life of me I don't understand) that has 5 pit bulls, all are strictly house dogs. and they walk two at a time several times a day. My American Bulldog does not behave as well as these Pits do when walking. Other dogs and people walk by them without a look. They don't scare me at all. Now, we also have a beagle that runs loose in the neighborhood and he has tried to bite me twice ..I carry a golf club when walking toward his house.

The American Bulldog Breed is Drop Dead Good Looking.

Jami

Postby Jami » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:23 pm

scarlett~nc wrote:

Are the pit bulls on a leash with the owner in control at all times or do they run loose in the neighborhood?

scarlett~nc

Postby scarlett~nc » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:44 pm

Jami wrote:
scarlett~nc wrote:

Are the pit bulls on a leash with the owner in control at all times or do they run loose in the neighborhood?

they do not run the neighborhood as does not my American Bulldog, only the beagle and the beagle owner's children run loose in the neighborhood

PlanoSooner

Postby PlanoSooner » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:59 pm

Jami wrote:
scarlett~nc wrote:

on leash... wary
off leash... target practice.

Orphie

Postby Orphie » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:28 pm

Wondering why the same topic we have discussed over and over in DD.. I have known two awesome pit breeds, I have known more with issues.. But again..same subject, different board..why?
Zephyr thinks he's smart. He said onions are the only food that makes him cry. So I threw a coconut at his face.

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:26 am

Orphie wrote:Wondering why the same topic we have discussed over and over in DD.. I have known two awesome pit breeds, I have known more with issues.. But again..same subject, different board..why?

Read the obituary thread Dancer posted and this thread makes sense, well it does to me at least.
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:32 am

Orphie wrote:Wondering why the same topic we have discussed over and over in DD.. I have known two awesome pit breeds, I have known more with issues.. But again..same subject, different board..why?

Why would the subjects be different over here, Orph? People talk about what matters to them.

Put Bulls matter to Dancer..a lot.

barb

Postby barb » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:54 am

GFB wrote:

Why would the subjects be different over here, Orph? People talk about what matters to them.

Put Bulls matter to Dancer..a lot.

Not stirring, but we are the same group of people, we came here knowing he likes Pit Bulls and you like the breed of your girls.............let's go w/some new subjects. In my opinion, we dont need those two rehashed.

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:02 am

I have no problem if Pit bulls are never mentioned again, but..some people never quite understood that..subjects that some thing shouldn't be rehashed, or should be avoided..are specifically the reason some others come to a place like this.

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:06 am

I have no problem with the format at DD Facebook. But, so far, the place bores the daylights out of me.

I do not think that means I should start posting there about why we should "move on"..or that "these are the people that ruin it for everyone.

Return to “Your first forum”