Dishwasher recommendation?

Description of your first forum.
kathy

Dishwasher recommendation?

Postby kathy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:23 pm

Looks like I'm going to have to replace mine soon. Any recommendations? I want one that has a food grinder and heats the water. Thanks!

LibraryLady

Re: Dishwasher recommendation?

Postby LibraryLady » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:32 pm

Bosch, IMO

I have been surprised to learn from discussion boards that many dishwashers are lasting only 4-5 years now!

Look at all the reviews for Bosch and you will see why I think they are great. My dw is still working, but I'm staying informed because I know a new one is on the horizon.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

BillB

Postby BillB » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:52 pm

kathy wrote:Looks like I'm going to have to replace mine soon. Any recommendations? I want one that has a food grinder and heats the water. Thanks!

I subscribe to Consumer Reports. I'll find their top rated dishwashers if you want them.

Edit---
Here are the top 3-all rated 85

Kenmore Elite 12793
Kenmore Elite 12803
Kenmore Elite 12833

Jami

Postby Jami » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:18 pm

I like my Bosch. It does not have an exposed heating element so the dishes are not all the way dry after the final cycle, especially plastics. Dishes and silverware are dry. If you leave the door open for a little while after the final cycle, they will finish drying pretty quick on their own because it's VERY hot at the end. The thing I like about not having the exposed heating element is that you can put plastics on the bottom rack and not worry about them melting. I love that it's so quiet. My kitchen opens into the dinning area which opens into the living room and we can't hear it running when we're watching TV. Before we'd wait until we went to bed to run the dishwasher because it was so loud.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:40 pm

I hear new, cheap dishwashers are coming across the border every day.

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:36 pm

My dishwasher has lasted over 40 years, but she ought to be good for a few more moons.

:D

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:37 pm

Bob Of Burleson wrote:My dishwasher has lasted over 40 years, but she ought to be good for a few more moons.

:D

She may not when she finds out how you have been talking. :lol:

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

kathy

Postby kathy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:02 pm

Thanks everyone -- I'll check out the Bosch's but I was leaning toward Kenmore, so that is great info, BillB -- thanks!

Jay Weaver

Postby Jay Weaver » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:52 pm

Mila. We just bought one and when it is running, you can't even hear it. Very nice and beautiful! Bought it at Texas Appliance in Hurst. They installed it included in the purchase price.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:39 am

I have a KitchenAid. No matter what you get, make sure the interior is stainless steel. We have to look at lights to know if ours is on. I can hear the water going in IF I'm at the sink right beside it. We've had it about 5 years. I still love it.
On the other hand, we have a Kenmore at the coast house. It is noisey so I always put it on delay. It does a good job, and both dishwashers have the food grinder. It doesn't matter, I almost wash the dishes before I load the dishwasher. My husband doesn't and both dishwashers do an excellent job. I wish I could break the habit of rinsing dishes before I put them in!

truep

Postby truep » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:46 am

I have a siemens that's made by bosch. It was a couple hundred cheaper than the same model labeled bosch. Got it at best buy.

grace

Postby grace » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:12 pm

We've had a Kitchenaide dishwasher for about two years. Works great. Very quiet. We got the model with the controls on the top (which is below the counter when closed). The controls are very sensitive and if they're on the front of the washer it can get turned on easily. I did a lot of research on consumer reports, glad we made this choice. Got it at Sears and got a pretty good deal.

Return to “Your first forum”