What's your favorite cleaner?

Description of your first forum.
Bob Of Burleson

What's your favorite cleaner?

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:43 pm

Any type — auto, floor, gun, butt, window. What's a cleaner that you use that you would unequivocally recommend to anybody?

I like Novus Scratch Remover. It's made for acrylic surface but works on just about everything because it comes in different grades. You can't find it just anywhere and it's kinda pricey but it's a doozy cleaner.

http://www.novuspolish.com/

Red Oak

Re: What's your favorite cleaner?

Postby Red Oak » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:49 pm

Clenzoil

I am a never Hillaryite!

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:52 pm

Red Oak wrote:Clenzoil

What does it do? Is it a butt cleaner?

:D

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:09 pm

Simple Green
It's a joke son,I say a joke

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:12 pm

Dulcolax

BillB

Postby BillB » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:14 pm

TSP

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:23 pm

And leave us not forget Super Handyman's generic solution to all things from cleaning to lubricant — paint thinner (mineral spirits).

BillB

Postby BillB » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:36 pm

My wife makes a kitchen cleaner she likes better than anything she can buy.
It has Murphy's Oil Soap, vinegar, washing soda and borax in it. She mixes it up and puts it in a big spray bottle. It works pretty good.

Jay Weaver

Postby Jay Weaver » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:48 pm

I have always liked Newman. He cleaned the muffin shop out of all the muffin stumps.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:53 am

My favorite for hardwood floors is Orange Glow cleaner and Halloway House Quick Shine. For stainless steel (don't laugh) it is Comet for stainless steel appliances. It's not expensive, does a terrific job and you don't have to stand there rubbing and polishing for an hour.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:07 am

carburetor cleaner, any brand

FlashM

Postby FlashM » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:56 am

Windex Antibacterial Spray Cleaner

I can spray down almost every surface in a vacuumed bathroom- tile, mirrors, light fixtures, countertops, tub surround and outsides of toilet, let it sit 2 minutes while I clean the bowl. Then I wipe it down with paper towels or rags for a fingerprint-free & shiny bathroom in about ten minutes.
Closing Time. Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:15 pm

Spouse

Trixie

Postby Trixie » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:55 pm

My housekeeper, Maria.

Simple Green for outdoor cleaning.

Vinegar and water for windows.

Lemon juice for rust stains.

Hoover floor steamer for all bare floors.

Mr. Clean antibacterial for surface cleaning.

Vinegar and baking soda for garbage disposal cleaning.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:05 am

LA Awesome.

I found it at the dollar store when I had the major house fire. It cleaned soot off stuff that nothing else would touch. I always keep a bottle handy.

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:41 am

I accidentally cured an ailment I didn't even know I had with Clorox.

For several years I've had a crack (actually a narrow depression) running vertically down my right thumbnail. Sometimes it would almost go away, but it always came back with regrowth of the nail. It didn't bother me, and I never thought to show it to a doctor.

Then a month or two ago, my shower suffered a fungus invasion — little black spots on the curtain and around the tub. Ordinary cleaning didn't keep the stuff from returning, so I declared war. I grabbed my wife's gallon jug of concentrated Clorox and transferred a bit of it to a spray bottle. Naturally, I spilled some of it on my hands, including my cracked-nail thumb. Then for the next several days, I sprayed the contaminated shower, again getting the bleach on my hands.

I won the war on shower fungus and guess what... The crack on my thumbnail is going away. New growth is almost halfway down my nail and it's smooth as can be. I cured a stubborn fungal nail infection that I didn't even know I had.

:D

knotlazy

Postby knotlazy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:30 pm

I love the Mr. Clean magic sponge in my bathroom...it makes my old tub sparkle.

A friend recently told me she uses Oxyclean powder in her Hoover Steamatic Carpet Cleaner and it takes up every stain she has ever tried it on. She uses a full scoop then fills the container with boiling water and adds the regular carpet shampoo. My Mom has blood stains on her carpet from a fall where she split her forehead open and I haven't been able to get the stains out...I'm going to try this method on her carpet.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:10 pm

favorite cleaner --depends on what needs to be cleaned. :)

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

marti

Postby marti » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:29 pm

ann jusko wrote:My favorite for hardwood floors is Orange Glow cleaner and Halloway House Quick Shine. For stainless steel (don't laugh) it is Comet for stainless steel appliances. It's not expensive, does a terrific job and you don't have to stand there rubbing and polishing for an hour.

Ann, previously I used Halloway House Quick Shine. However, they quit carrying it at Brookshires so I bought what was available: Weiman High Traffic Hardwood polish and restorer.

My pecan floors really look amazing after I use it. I do two coats. I only have to "do" the floor every six months.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:26 pm

I do use Weiman products at the coast. Usually, Steve's the one that buys them. We have the glass top stove (ugh!). He was warming soup and it spilled over. Weiman couldn't touch it and especially where he dropped the foil. I couldn't get it off either. So, I'll be looking for something else to try without doing further damage.

We order the Orange Glow and Holloway House from Amazon. Prime membership comes in handy! I haven't found anything I like better. Oh geeze, don't do the Bona stuff! I hated their products but love their cleaning fluffy pads, the cleaner pad and the long handle. They might be OK for the newer, thinner hardwood or the laminate, but not on the full 1/2 inch real hardwood. We do need to sand the floors and refinish them after we finish the reno.

Return to “Your first forum”