For every teacher who screws up, there are 10,000 who are like my wife.

Description of your first forum.
rusty

For every teacher who screws up, there are 10,000 who are like my wife.

Postby rusty » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:03 pm

This is from my Facebook post todsy:

Attn: Parents, grandparents, friends, and neighbors of public schools in your area. Please support your local public schools' book fairs.
As many of you know, my wife Carrie, is the librarian at one of the elementary schools in Arlington ISD. Her fall book fair is starting today. The amount of work she puts in to these things overwhelms me, but she generates a boatload of revenue that goes right back in to her library.
Here's her scenario of the past 5 days:
1. Books, display cases, and supplies delivered early Wednesday.
2. Do as much setup as possible before leaving for Austin to welcome into the world our 4th grandchild, Hobbes Atticus Boden.
3. Reluctantly leave Austin at 10 AM Friday morning.
4. Arrive home.
5. Go to school for continued book fair setup at 3:30 PM.
6. Finally get back home at approx. 7 PM
7. Go back to school for continued setup Saturday morning at 10 AM.
8. Arrive back home at 6:30 PM
9. Sunday morning. Return to school for continued setup at 9 AM
10. Arrive home Sunday evening at 7 PM.
11. Leave home at 6:30 AM Monday mornin for finishing touches and the opening of the Fall book fair.

John in Plano

Re: For every teacher who screws up, there are 10,000 who are like my wife.

Postby John in Plano » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:44 pm

Congrats on the addition to your family .

And I hope your wife raises a lot of money, always enjoyed libraries while attending school.
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:27 pm

Oh brother.

Get over yourself.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:59 pm

Yeah Greg , I'm no hero and i'm not bragging but i used to wake up at maybe 5 , maybe earlier when the snow was blowing so that i could drive and be at work at 0700 in the morning . And many times i had to shovel snow to get to the road and then if the snowplows hadn't come though i had to drive through snowbanks and sometimes got stuck and had to do more shoveling [phew ] . Still , i had to do it if i wanted to get paid on Friday and i was happy to do it because it was a good job . Oh geez , and then my sandwiches fer lunch would get cold and my Sorrels 'felts' would maybe be getting wet and cold , same for my hands even though i wore choppers , same for my ears and nose and then my beard would get all iced up . ---------------------------- oh well , that was my problem and these widdle annoyances were necessary because I HAD TO DO THE JOB THAT I HAD ASKED FOR AND THE JOB THAT I WAS PAID TO DO .

rusty

Postby rusty » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:40 pm

GFB wrote:Oh brother.

Get over yourself.

Has nothing to do with me dipshit. How do you say "go screw yourself" in Californian?

rusty

Postby rusty » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:41 pm

ralph wrote:Yeah Greg , I'm no hero and i'm not bragging but i used to wake up at maybe 5 , maybe earlier when the snow was blowing so that i could drive and be at work at 0700 in the morning . And many times i had to shovel snow to get to the road and then if the snowplows hadn't come though i had to drive through snowbanks and sometimes got stuck and had to do more shoveling [phew ] . Still , i had to do it if i wanted to get paid on Friday and i was happy to do it because it was a good job . Oh geez , and then my sandwiches fer lunch would get cold and my Sorrels 'felts' would maybe be getting wet and cold , same for my hands even though i wore choppers , same for my ears and nose and then my beard would get all iced up . ---------------------------- oh well , that was my problem and these widdle annoyances were necessary because I HAD TO DO THE JOB THAT I HAD ASKED FOR AND THE JOB THAT I WAS PAID TO DO .

Come on ralph. Come to Texas big boy.

rusty

Postby rusty » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:13 pm

Let me make something clear to ignorant people like GFB/ralph.

The bi-annual book fair is not mandatory. Neither one is in her job description. She doesn't have to do ANY book fair. They are both done for one reason; to generate more revenue for library resources. Period, paragraph, end of story.

And now a word of caution. GFB/ralph are poison. From the outset people on this board (and on on Dallas Digest before) have always been supportive of each other, regardless of political or ideoligical viewpoints. There are only two members who have been completely and totally negative....GFB/ralph. They are like the Brits from days of old on the DD board. Y'all want to embrace that garbage, its up to you. Anybody who, like myself, was a founding member of DD will know exactly what I'm talking about. It's amazing to me that the two most prolific posters on this bord have no affiliation with Dallas, or Texas whastsoever, Some people on this board let them get by with whatever stupid shit they spew. What's up with that?

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:37 pm

It's is an admirable quality to volunteer time to any worthy cause. Rusty has every reason to be proud for his wife's commitment to a good cause.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

rusty

Postby rusty » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:54 pm

Sangersteve wrote:It's is an admirable quality to volunteer time to any worthy cause. Rusty has every reason to be proud for his wife's commitment to a good cause.

Thank you Steve. This transcends politics and ideology.

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:47 pm

rusty wrote:Let me make something clear to ignorant people like GFB/ralph.

The bi-annual book fair is not mandatory. Neither one is in her job description. She doesn't have to do ANY book fair. They are both done for one reason; to generate more revenue for library resources. Period, paragraph, end of story.

And now a word of caution. GFB/ralph are poison. From the outset people on this board (and on on Dallas Digest before) have always been supportive of each other, regardless of political or ideoligical viewpoints. There are only two members who have been completely and totally negative....GFB/ralph. They are like the Brits from days of old on the DD board. Y'all want to embrace that garbage, its up to you. Anybody who, like myself, was a founding member of DD will know exactly what I'm talking about. It's amazing to me that the two most prolific posters on this bord have no affiliation with Dallas, or Texas whastsoever, Some people on this board let them get by with whatever stupid shit they spew. What's up with that?

Oh yes..you're being very "positive"..definitely.

A very worthwhile viewpoint.

What happened..your cat die today?

rusty

Postby rusty » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:51 pm

GFB wrote:
rusty wrote:Let me make something clear to ignorant people like GFB/ralph.

Oh yes..you're being very "positive"..definitely.

A very worthwhile viewpoint.

What happened..your cat die today?

LOL! What the Hell are you talking about? You're not making any sense. Day drinking in Burbank?

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:52 pm

Aw poison , generally i only post reality using links to interesting events and affairs . I don't even respond to those that i don't take seriously !!

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:02 pm

and some SNOWFLAKES get mad . Heck all my info on teachers for example is accurate and many of the teachers i report on are in jail for sexually molesting kids . I don't make it up , i just report interesting news and provide link to the news . Snowflakes get mad , ok with me , makes me smile .

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:16 pm

rusty wrote:
Sangersteve wrote:It's is an admirable quality to volunteer time to any worthy cause. Rusty has every reason to be proud for his wife's commitment to a good cause.

Thank you Steve. This transcends politics and ideology.

Yes, transcends right into threats of bodily harm.

Fortunately for you, Ralph is a very good natured fellow.

Jim Jack

Postby Jim Jack » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:14 pm

One of our campuses is doing the book fair this week. That librarian is run ragged by the thing every time she does this, all while keeping the regular library open. And no, it's not just somebody "doing their job" that they had to do.

And Rusty is right as rain on this one. Well, the promise of the asskicking might be a little bit much.

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:39 pm

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:42 pm

course most of my information that i posted was about teachers having SEX with students , molesting students was mostly what i was illustrating and there is a whole buncha that going on JimJack .

rusty

Postby rusty » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:47 pm

Jim Jack wrote:One of our campuses is doing the book fair this week. That librarian is run ragged by the thing every time she does this, all while keeping the regular library open. And no, it's not just somebody "doing their job" that they had to do.

And Rusty is right as rain on this one. Well, the promise of the asskicking might be a little bit much.

Well, the ass kicking MAY be a bit much, but it would be well deserved. LOL!

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:57 pm

i just don't like taxpayer paid public employee put on a pedestal when all they are doing is what they signed up to do . --- https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 692200001/ --- except for this teacher chick and many more just like her .

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:38 pm

its just a message board , anyone can claim as they like as its easy . Thing is that when i go after teachers that sexually molest or after 'ucla' ball players or muslims or , ghw bush' i do it with Linked PROOF rather than trying to hide reality for the Snowflakes J.W..

Return to “Your first forum”