Was Bergdahl a deserter?

Description of your first forum.
planosteve

Was Bergdahl a deserter?

Postby planosteve » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:42 am

The sense of pride expressed by officials of the Obama administration at the release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl is not shared by many of those who served with him -- veterans and soldiers who call him a deserter whose "selfish act" ended up costing the lives of better men.

"I was pissed off then and I am even more so now with everything going on," said former Sergeant Matt Vierkant, a member of Bergdahl's platoon when he went missing on June 30, 2009. "Bowe Bergdahl deserted during a time of war and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching for him."

According to first-hand accounts from soldiers in his platoon, Bergdahl, while on guard duty, shed his weapons and walked off the observation post with nothing more than a compass, a knife, water, a digital camera, and a diary.

At least six soldiers were killed in subsequent searches for Bergdahl, and many soldiers in his platoon said attacks seemed to increase against the United States in Paktika Provice in the days and weeks following his disappearance.

Many of Bergdahl's fellow troops -- from the seven or so who knew him best in his squad, to the larger group that comprised the 1st Battalion, 501st Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division -- told CNN that they signed nondisclosure agreements agreeing to never share any information about Bergdahl's disappearance and the efforts to recapture him. Some were willing to dismiss that document in hopes that the truth would come out about a soldier who they now fear is being hailed as a hero, while the men who lost their lives looking for him are ignored.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/01/us/bergda ... r-or-hero/
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

planosteve

Re: Was Bergdahl a deserter?

Postby planosteve » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:06 am

Then there was the strange tweet by his father which has been deleted from twitter about revenge for killing Afghan children. Here is a link but I can't get it to open. Maybe too many people trying to access it or it's deleted.
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/06/01/ ... wap-122571

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:37 am

planosteve wrote:Then there was the strange tweet by his father which has been deleted from twitter about revenge for killing Afghan children. Here is a link but I can't get it to open. Maybe too many people trying to access it or it's deleted.
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/06/01/ ... wap-122571

OK, it finally opened. Here's the tweet: “God will repay for the death of every Afghan child, ameen!” doesn’t sound like a rousing call to patriotism does it?

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:33 am

Some interesting tweets from CodyFNfootball who claims that he was there.

http://soopermexican.com/2014/06/01/ame ... istration/

crackertoes

Postby crackertoes » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:58 am

It was interesting that the father praised Allah, using similar Arabic language the Taliban used upon hearing of the release of their comrades.

It's very suspicious.
Some coffee cups are just too small.Image

PlanoSooner

Postby PlanoSooner » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:02 am

man... that dude just reaks of democrat.....
looks like one too
Better Ingredients..... Better Moderators....

FlashM

Postby FlashM » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:50 am

It wasn't even a good bargain at 5 for 1, and apparently not even a good 1.

Did the Taliban have a coupon?

Chalk "Bad Negotiator" up on the board as an Obama description.
Closing Time. Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:14 am

My husband said, after looking at the father,

Maybe the son didn't want to return home to that!

Based on physical appearance, he (the father) looks like someone who would identify with the unibomber.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

PlanoSooner

Postby PlanoSooner » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:43 am

LibraryLady wrote:
Based on physical appearance, he (the father) looks like someone who would identify with the unibomber.

similar thoughts here too
Better Ingredients..... Better Moderators....

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:02 pm

We traded 5 Cadillacs for 1 Rambler. This will come back to bite us in the ass.
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:47 pm

If he were found Guiltly of Desertion in a Courts Martial, and executed by Firing Squad the exchange my be worth it.

This guy is an example of what the Obamanation wants in a Soldier, and it disgusts me.

I am a never Hillaryite!

scarlett~nc

Postby scarlett~nc » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:58 pm

Why, Alan Colmes says he is a hero and hopefully this will bring a close to Gitmo ..

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:46 pm

Allan Colmes should have to live with the GITMO detainees.

I am a never Hillaryite!

Chlorine Tinsley

Postby Chlorine Tinsley » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:19 pm

scarlett~nc wrote:Why, Alan Colmes says he is a hero and hopefully this will bring a close to Gitmo ..

Alan Colmes need to put his money where his mouth is; he's free to fly to Afganistan and volunteer to be Taliban trade-bait. I wonder how many Gitmo's our POTUS would give them in exchange?
Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.

Allen

Postby Allen » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:34 pm

Chlorine Tinsley wrote:
scarlett~nc wrote:Why, Alan Colmes says he is a hero and hopefully this will bring a close to Gitmo ..

Alan Colmes need to put his money where his mouth is; he's free to fly to Afganistan and volunteer to be Taliban trade-bait. I wonder how many Gitmo's our POTUS would give them in exchange?

They would send him back along with the 5 we gave them for Bergdahl and another 5 for us not to do it again.

Chlorine Tinsley

Postby Chlorine Tinsley » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:41 pm

Would that be counter terrorism, or counter-counter terrorism? I'm confused. :?
Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.

truep

Postby truep » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:14 am

He's a deserter and a traitor. He will never be punished because Obama won't allow the Military to prosecute him and Holder won't do anything either. !

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:20 am

White House aides have accused members of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl’s unit of “swift-boating” the 28-year-old Idahoan for claiming that he deserted his post in Afghanistan nearly five years ago, MSNBC’s Chuck Todd reported.

“I’ve had a few aides describe it to me as ‘we didn’t know that they were going to swift-boat Bergdahl’,” Todd said Wednesday.

The term “swift-boating” comes from 2004 when members of then-Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry’s Swift Boat unit came forward during the election to accuse him of misleading American voters about his service in Vietnam.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

scarlett~nc

Postby scarlett~nc » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:32 am

I feel like I am living under a dictatorship ..more everyday

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:17 am

Exclusive: The story you haven’t yet heard about Bowe Bergdahl’s desertion
by Michelle Malkin
Creators Syndicate
Copyright 2014

Five years ago, I publicly raised questions about Bowe Bergdahl’s desertion from Blackfoot Company, 1-501 Infantry (Airborne), 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division.

A few weeks after his so-called “capture” in late June 2009, three conflicting accounts had surfaced: U.S. officials told the Associated Press Bergdahl had “walked off” the base with three Afghans; the Taliban claimed on its website that “a drunken American soldier had come out of his garrison” and into their arms; and Bergdahl claimed in his Taliban “hostage video” that he had “lagged behind a patrol” before being captured.

I asked on my blog: Were the AP’s sources mistaken? Or is the disturbing first account the right one? What about the “three Afghans” who Pfc. Bergdahl reportedly “just walked off” with after his shift? Who are they? What’s going on?

Five years ago, one of the brave soldiers who risked his life to search for Bergdahl answered my questions and I published his statement on July 20, 2009:

“I know the story and the accounts that he was drunk or that he was lagging behind on patrol are not true– this soldier planned this move for a long time. He walked off the post with a day’s supply of water and had written down before that he wanted to live in the mountains…he is an embarrassment to everyone who has worn the uniform.”

http://michellemalkin.com/2014/06/03/ex ... desertion/
It's a joke son,I say a joke

Return to “Your first forum”