My take on Franken

Description of your first forum.
rusty

My take on Franken

Postby rusty » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:45 am

Even though he's likely the most intelligent Senator currently in office, and even though he would make a great POTUS, if this story is how its been presented, then he needs to step down.

Was what he did as bad as Moore? Of course not.

Moore played with children. Franken played with adults.
Moore, as an adult, was in a position of authority, Franken, as just another member of a USO troupe at the time, was not.

Moore wanted to date these children.
Franken just wanted a goofy, although thoughtless, comedy opportunity.

However, it was poor judgement, and for that reason, he should go.....IF the story is as presented.

On the other hand, isn't it odd that this particular person that has accused Franken (remember nobody else has yet come out with accusations about him), has close ties to Fox News?

GFB

Re: My take on Franken

Postby GFB » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:32 pm

..sorry..

Melanie Morgan: After TV appearance, Al Franken harassed me too
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Nobody can stick their tongue in your mouth unless you let them.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:10 pm

..sorry..more Frankenstein..

Melanie Morgan: After TV appearance, Al Franken harassed me too

In response to the disturbing allegations made against Franken, Media Equalizer and Media Equality Project Co-Founder Melanie Morgan has come forward to recall her own frightening encounter, sparked by a seemingly-mundane and even obscure topic of political disagreement.

Morgan, who was a ABC Radio talk show host for KSFO / San Francisco at the time, appeared August 19, 2000 on ABC’s late night show Politically Incorrect.

She was joined by Franken, William Baldwin, and then-Colorado Lt. Governor Joe Rogers on the panel.

Morgan and Franken had a dispute over the OMB’s budget numbers.

“I was invited and unaware of who his guests were going to be that night,” Morgan said.

“I made a statement about the budget numbers, Franken challenged me, I challenged him back. It was about spending priorities, actually just a mundane discussion. But he obsessed over it.”

After the show, Morgan said Franken wouldn’t leave her alone, insisting on continuing the argument.

“He approached me backstage, angrily called me out on those numbers and insisted he would prove he was right. He wouldn’t leave me alone, he kept following me. As a woman, his presence and proximity to me felt very threatening and intimindating.

“I didn’t realize his creepy behavior after the show meant it would continue in the days to come.

“He approached Carol, the show’s producer and demanded my home phone number, which was a clear violation of network protocol. I had thought that was the end of the story and was shocked when he started calling my home, badgering me repeatedly.

“I became fearful and called Carol to complain and asked her to tell him to back off. But he made another call after that. I thought that he might end up stalking me at my home in Northern California, it was that bad.

“By the third phone call I was outraged and terrified, as he is really disturbed,” Morgan recounted.

Morgan said Franken finally left her alone, but only after she pushed back and threatened “to call the police and make a report that he was harassing me.”

To this day, she says she is haunted by it: “I never forgot that experience and it informed me of his lack of character and obsessive personality. I believe every word Leann wrote.”

With many calling on Republican Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Judge Roy Moore to step aside following claims of sexual misconduct from decades ago, will Franken be asked to resign as senator?

“I will happily testify before the Senate Ethics Committee, should a hearing be held regarding Franken’s behavior,” Morgan added.

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:15 pm

planosteve wrote:Nobody can stick their tongue in your mouth unless you let them.

Might have to bite a tongue to stop a person.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:15 pm

With Franken you have physical photographic evidence, with Moore you have forgery in a Yearbook as your only physical evidence.

I am a never Hillaryite!

rusty

Postby rusty » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:51 pm

Red Oak wrote:With Franken you have physical photographic evidence, with Moore you have forgery in a Yearbook as your only physical evidence.

Bullshit. What evidence do you have other than hands hovering over boobs?

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:02 pm

Franken obviously wanted to make a joke of unwanted sexual contact.

And no he shouldnt resign because of the photo, just be chastised for it. And if it came to be that the photo was fake or that the women was in on the joke, Franken is owed an apology.

I am a never Hillaryite!

rusty

Postby rusty » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:40 pm

Are we supposed to completely ignore what all of the women who have come out against Moore have claimed?

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:50 pm

No you can squawk all you want. Alabama will decide, the same way Massachusetts did over and over with drunken murderer Ted Kennedy.

..and the same way the country did twice with impeached, serial womanizer, groper and rapist Bill Clinton..Democrats were all in!

rusty

Postby rusty » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:59 pm

GFB wrote:No you can squawk all you want. Alabama will decide, the same way Massachusetts did over and over with drunken murderer Ted Kennedy.

..and the same way the country did twice with impeached, serial womanizer, groper and rapist Bill Clinton..Democrats were all in!

Maybe you should stop living in the past.

Let's talk about what's happening now.

And yes, Alabama will decide, which is scary in itself.

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:01 pm

rusty wrote:
GFB wrote:No you can squawk all you want. Alabama will decide, the same way Massachusetts did over and over with drunken murderer Ted Kennedy.

Just offering some perspective..sounded like you were in need of some.

rusty

Postby rusty » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:02 pm

GFB wrote:
rusty wrote:

Don't think I'm the one who needs perspective around here.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:32 pm

rusty wrote:
GFB wrote:
rusty wrote:Maybe you should stop living in the past.

Yeah, GFB, the liberal feminists have shown us guidance on this. Twenty-five years from now, we will "take another look" at the allegations against Moore.

rusty

Postby rusty » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:41 pm

jellowrestling wrote:
rusty wrote:
GFB wrote:

Yeah, GFB, the liberal feminists have shown us guidance on this. Twenty-five years from now, we will "take another look" at the allegations against Moore.

What does a grown man dating children have to do with liberal feminism?

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:04 pm

rusty wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:
rusty wrote:

You'll have to ask Democrat hero Gerry Studds about that (well, if he weren't dead, anyway).

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:22 pm

jellowrestling wrote:
rusty wrote:
GFB wrote:

Very good..I can hear it now..after Senator Moore serves several terms..we can all say..”Ya know..thinking back..maybe we should have asked him to resign.”

rusty

Postby rusty » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:42 pm

jellowrestling wrote:
rusty wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:Yeah, GFB, the liberal feminists have shown us guidance on this. Twenty-five years from now, we will "take another look" at the allegations against Moore.

You'll have to ask Democrat hero Gerry Studds about that (well, if he weren't dead, anyway).

And what does Gerry Studds, who's been dead ten years, have to do with the current race in Alabama?

Man, you're pulling the red herrings out of your butt like crazy today. LOL! Next thing you know you'll come up with something about Caligula or Liberace

truep

Postby truep » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:48 pm

Franken, Photographic proof and admission.

Bill Clinton, Proven in court, with biological evidince.

Moore, Allegations, unproven, probably from democrat feminists.

I hope Moore didn't do what he was accused of. If he did, (and it's proven) he should resign, as should Franken! Rather he "touched" her or not, Franken
has proven he doesnt have the judgement to be a senator.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:01 pm

rusty wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:
rusty wrote:What does a grown man dating children have to do with liberal feminism?

And what does Gerry Studds, who's been dead ten years, have to do with the current race in Alabama?
Man, you're pulling the red herrings out of your butt like crazy today. LOL! Next thing you know you'll come up with something about Caligula or Liberace

Studds was a liberal hero for years. The fact that he was sodomizing a 17-yr-old congressional page was no impediment to his political career (because he was a Democrat). Instead, he was a liberal "hero". And that was in 1983, a few years after the alleged conduct of Roy Moore. Studds continued to be re-elected until he retired in 1997. So, apparently, banging a child is OK if you are a gay Democrat, but not if you are Republican (although Moore was a Democrat at the time). I think it's interesting that the media hasn't brought up this inconvenient fact.

Return to “Your first forum”