Adventures at the craft show

Description of your first forum.
Sangersteve

Adventures at the craft show

Postby Sangersteve » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:55 pm

For those that are keeping score, you may remember that some months back we helped my daughter develop a line of personal care items.

She is not a self promoter so the effort failed.

Well that left Donna and I with a massive amount of raw ingredients ready to be turned into product. After some time doing research on what to make, I redid the line and started making stuff.

So we have attended several craft shows over the past couple of months and have met with success and repeat customers after they tried the product for some time at home.

In studying trends in women's grooming I find an uptick in the ladies using a "Sugar Scrub" to exfoliate. So I made some.

A peppermint and a brown sugar cinnamon. So while making this product I noticed that they are actually an edible product.

Now the fun part, this weekend we were at a show and a young man, about 18, with visible, but not horrible acne wandered up asking about acne products. Donna directed him toward the two specific items for that issue. He chose one and then I heard him exclaim "Oh you have sugar scrubs!" .

Well yes we do said I, he went on to tell us how great they were for acne, then picked up the brown sugar and cinnamon, smelled the outside of the jar ?? he says it smells so good you can smell it through the jar. So he bought one.

I jokingly said to him don't eat it all before you get home. He looked at me askance, and I said it's one hundred percent edible.

He left happy.

Thirty minutes later he was back with friends, showed us the jar about half gone, they had eaten it. They bought everything we had and assured us they would be re-ordering online.

You do what you have to do to please your audience.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

Jim Jack

Re: Adventures at the craft show

Postby Jim Jack » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:32 pm

Awesome. And funny.

Jami

Postby Jami » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:23 pm

Good job!!

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:38 pm

That is hilarious.
Unexpected consequences.
Lol
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:05 am

Good karma :D ?

Return to “Your first forum”