State Championship game

Description of your first forum.
jellowrestling

State Championship game

Postby jellowrestling » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:02 pm

Well, my Trinity Trojans went down last week, but my Highland Park Scots won this week and will play Manvel for the 5A division 1 championship. If you want to see an interesting match-up, I think this will be one. HP wins on execution and game-plan adjustments, while Manvel is one of the most talented teams in the state, with at least a couple of D1 prospects. The game will be Friday at 7pm on Fox Sports Southwest.

Mark

Re: State Championship game

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:19 pm

Strawn is playing for a six man championship Wednesday.

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:40 pm

Manvel is my home town.

When I was school age, Manvel was too small to even have a high school.
We were bused over to Alvin for HS

I want to go to the game, but I don't drive much at night anymore.

GO Manvel!!
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:05 pm

My Direct TV schedule says Mavericks are to be shown then.

Will they bump the Maverick game (NBA) and show high school football?
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

Jim Jack

Postby Jim Jack » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:13 pm

I have Dish as a provider. The listings show that the HP vs. Manvel game is supposed to be on an alternate channel. I don't know if Direct TV has that sort of thing.

The same goes for Wednesday's Mart vs. Refugio game, which I am looking forward to. Sometimes I can see stuff on the alternate channels, sometimes not.

Thursday night's Gunter vs. Newton isn't on my listings. I get Stars hockey instead. :(

The alternative is to actually go to the games. Unfortunately, we have school all week. Bleah.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:29 am

Jim Jack wrote:I have Dish as a provider. The listings show that the HP vs. Manvel game is supposed to be on an alternate channel. I don't know if Direct TV has that sort of thing.

The same goes for Wednesday's Mart vs. Refugio game, which I am looking forward to. Sometimes I can see stuff on the alternate channels, sometimes not.

Thursday night's Gunter vs. Newton isn't on my listings. I get Stars hockey instead. :(

The alternative is to actually go to the games. Unfortunately, we have school all week. Bleah.

Ah, you're right. The HP-Manvel game is on the alternate Fox SW channel (which I have); the Mavs game is on the regular channel. Most of the state championship games are on the regular Fox SW channel.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:37 am

Who still watches Mavs games? I quit altogether last year as I am boycotting all things Mark Cuban. That also includes Shark Tank which I did enjoy watching. But Cuban's arrogance about politics is a real dealbreaker for me.

kent

Postby kent » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:41 pm

crocmommy wrote:Who still watches Mavs games? I quit altogether last year as I am boycotting all things Mark Cuban. That also includes Shark Tank which I did enjoy watching. But Cuban's arrogance about politics is a real dealbreaker for me.

I'm right there with you. He doesn't give a rip about the MAVS now that they won one. I will only watch if Dirk is going for something significant.

I can't watch the NBA any more, and college ball isn't entertaining with all the one and done folks. I won't watch anything as long as Cuban or LaVar are involved in any way.

Jim Jack

Postby Jim Jack » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:58 pm

I guess my $90 a month Dish subscription wasn't enough to get me the HP vs. Manvel game. The only reason I even have satellite is to watch the Rangers and stuff like this. Since baseball season ended, my TV has been on less than five times.

This really hacks me off, and I'm about to join the thousands who have dumped them.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:02 pm

Game is starting. Should be a great game.

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:00 pm

Jim Jack wrote:I guess my $90 a month Dish subscription wasn't enough to get me the HP vs. Manvel game. The only reason I even have satellite is to watch the Rangers and stuff like this. Since baseball season ended, my TV has been on less than five times.

This really hacks me off, and I'm about to join the thousands who have dumped them.

Dish has the game, I think. It is on the Fox SW plus channel.

RIght now, Manvel ahead 20-7...ready for extra point.

Jim Jack

Postby Jim Jack » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:03 pm

For some reason, I can't get it and Dish customer support said it's not in my package.

I'm doing a trial subscription of Sling TV and am watching it now.

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:04 pm

My brother says on Dish it is the fox southwest alternative channel.

Jim Jack

Postby Jim Jack » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:45 pm

I didn't scroll far enough up through their alt channels. I see it now. Thanks.

Jim Jack

Postby Jim Jack » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:33 pm

What a barn burner of a football game that was. Amazing.

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:38 pm

Exciting game, even if my team lost.....

My brother said it was blacked out on his dish network--down in Manvel. What a stinky thing to do by the network.

Jim Jack

Postby Jim Jack » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:39 pm

It was blacked out there? That really is terrible.

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:58 pm

Jim Jack wrote:It was blacked out there? That really is terrible.

I think so too.
But--they will show a recording at 10 AM on Saturday. poo, who cares then?

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:38 am

LibraryLady2 wrote:
Jim Jack wrote:It was blacked out there? That really is terrible.

I think so too.
But--they will show a recording at 10 AM on Saturday. poo, who cares then?

If I hadn't already seen it, I would watch it. When I go to games that are on TV, I record them and watch them when I get home (or the next morning).

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:55 pm

Here's one of the problems with the FSSW-Plus channel. On Spectrum cable we get the FSSW-Plus Standard Def channel, but the High Def channel is a separate subscription. However, if I access Spectrum on my computer I get the High Def channel. It makes no sense.

The Mavericks have priority on FSSW, which leaves Stars hockey fans scrambling for a way to watch the game when it gets bumped to FSSW-Plus. We end up watching on our computers on the Fox Sports Go app.

Return to “Your first forum”