A query

Description of your first forum.
Sangersteve

A query

Postby Sangersteve » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:34 pm

The tax bill looks like it will become law, without a single democrat vote. When I posted a link to how the new tax structure will affect you, the respondents, all indicated they would be better off under the new tax plan.

It was not a popular thread, but I did notice that the never Trumpers were oddly missing. I suspect it was because they ran the calculator and found that they too would be a bit richer. I suspect that because no one jumped in to point out how they would be hurt.

All that aside, if you do some research on your own you'll find that more than 80% will benefit. Companies will have more money to invest and the lower corporate rate will open our country to more business.

Why then are the democrats so opposed to giving us our money back? Are they really hoping beyond hope that blue states will be so incensed that they are losing the fed credit for the state taxes that are foisted on them by their democratic governments that they will rebel and vote democrat?

The real outcome may be that the losers might wake up and see that the tax and spend democrats might be the problem and not part of the solution.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

grouchy

Re: A query

Postby grouchy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:43 am

Let's all pray that it helps bring in new business. It still confuses me on why the individual rate cuts are only for eight years.

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:03 am

grouchy wrote:It still confuses me on why the individual rate cuts are only for eight years.

That's due to century old arcane senate rules that can be changed with a simple majority vote of the senate.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:05 am

The Left fundamentally believes that the government owns everything and they are opposed to citizens keeping what they earn.

The Leftist idiots in Washington keep complaining that this is a tax cut for the "rich." The fact of the matter is that 50% of Americans already pay zero, and it is impossible to give a tax cut to somebody that pays zero.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:19 am

Mark wrote:
grouchy wrote:It still confuses me on why the individual rate cuts are only for eight years.

That's due to century old arcane senate rules that can be changed with a simple majority vote of the senate.

So, we are supposed to have faith in those folks?

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:50 am

grouchy wrote:
Mark wrote:

So, we are supposed to have faith in those folks?

Not me.

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:53 am

Some of that stuff is explained here. The leaders in the Senate have no spine.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-go ... ry-2017-11

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:02 am

The Daily Wire Runs Ten Scenarios In Which Poor & Middle-Class Americans Save Money After GOP Tax Plan

https://www.dailywire.com/news/24887/da ... frank-camp
It's a joke son,I say a joke

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:35 am

I want a chart to show how the government programs to pay the military will be funded when all the cuts for business kick in.
The gov't will be taking in less money so how does Congress expect to pay for the improvements to infrastructure (roads/bridges) that Trump has promised?

Paul Ryan has been strutting his stuff with "Next year the cuts are to SS (which is MY money and not an entitlement) and to Medicare (which is the insurance I depend upon)."

Why is it a good thing to give me about $1,000 more per year and remove part of my income and my insurance? Not to mention that when that $1,000 more per year disappears, I'll still be looking for my SS money and my health insurance. For those who are not on Medicare--the elderly pay a monthly premium for that insurance also--it is not a free gift. Each year I/we pay monthly into Medicare and monthly for our supplement insurance. The supplement has jumped enormously for next year--not to mention the co-pays and cost of Rx has jumped.....just like 99% of those here, we will pay more and get less on the health insurance.

I didn't respond before because no one has ever changed their mind from an internet post.
You believe it will help--I don't. So, we both shall wait and see what the next 3 years bring.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:20 am

grouchy wrote:Let's all pray that it helps bring in new business. It still confuses me on why the individual rate cuts are only for eight years.

It's because it adds to the deficit the way the Senate voted on the bill.
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:40 am

Somebody needs to tell me how tax cuts add to the deficit. The only way to believe that is to believe that the government owns all the fruits of your labor.

The only thing that creates deficits is spending. Don't like deficits? Then advocate spending cuts.

rusty

Postby rusty » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:50 am

There definitely needs to be tax reform. Of course it remains to be seen if anyone will actually save any money, the tax calculator was designed by a Fox News guy, so who knows? Maybe he's right, more power to him if he is.

In general, a cut in the corporate tax rate doesn't bother me either. What does bother me in the corporate tax cut, is that it doesn't either, penalize the corps who send X number of jobs overseas, or reward the ones who don't.

If a company is outsourcing 50% of their jobs to India or Mexico, why should they pay the same tax rate as a company that's keeping 100% of their jobs in the U.S.?

ralph

Postby ralph » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:54 am

Mark wrote:The Left fundamentally believes that the government owns everything and they are opposed to citizens keeping what they earn.

The Leftist idiots in Washington keep complaining that this is a tax cut for the "rich." The fact of the matter is that 50% of Americans already pay zero, and it is impossible to give a tax cut to somebody that pays zero.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- thanks for the explanation Mark .

rusty

Postby rusty » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:58 am

Mark wrote:The Left fundamentally believes that the government owns everything and they are opposed to citizens keeping what they earn.

That's because you have a rapidly shrinking middle class due to the "trickle down" that has never trickled down.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:36 am

LibraryLady2 wrote:I want a chart to show how the government programs to pay the military will be funded when all the cuts for business kick in.
The gov't will be taking in less money so how does Congress expect to pay for the improvements to infrastructure (roads/bridges) that Trump has promised?

Paul Ryan has been strutting his stuff with "Next year the cuts are to SS (which is MY money and not an entitlement) and to Medicare (which is the insurance I depend upon)."

Why is it a good thing to give me about $1,000 more per year and remove part of my income and my insurance? Not to mention that when that $1,000 more per year disappears, I'll still be looking for my SS money and my health insurance. For those who are not on Medicare--the elderly pay a monthly premium for that insurance also--it is not a free gift. Each year I/we pay monthly into Medicare and monthly for our supplement insurance. The supplement has jumped enormously for next year--not to mention the co-pays and cost of Rx has jumped.....just like 99% of those here, we will pay more and get less on the health insurance.

I didn't respond before because no one has ever changed their mind from an internet post.
You believe it will help--I don't. So, we both shall wait and see what the next 3 years bring.

You're wrong there..about SS not being an entitlement because it's "your money."

There is no pot of money with "Library Lady" printed on it. Your checks continue to flow in because there are younger people working and paying for you to receive them.

They could be cut at any time. That doesn't happen simply because Congress fears the wrath of older people and groups like AARP.

I think we can expect SS to be cut this coming year for people who are not yet collecting it.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

kent

Postby kent » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:55 am

GFB wrote:
LibraryLady2 wrote:I want a chart to show how the government programs to pay the military will be funded when all the cuts for business kick in.

You're wrong there..about SS not being an entitlement because it's "your money."

There is no pot of money with "Library Lady" printed on it. Your checks continue to flow in because there are younger people working and paying for you to receive them.

They could be cut at any time. That doesn't happen simply because Congress fears the wrath of older people and groups like AARP.

I think we can expect SS to be cut this coming year for people who are not yet collecting it.

I beg to differ, it IS my money. For the past 40 years, I have had nearly 8% taken out of my check along with the employer paying 8%. that's my money. Yes, it was used to fund older folks, fine. The problem is, Congress "borrowed" the SS money to fund their pet, feel good projects.

Democrats don't like the revamping of the tax code because it doesn't punish corporations or "the rich"; it doesn't set earning limits.

As for outsourcing jobs, it's pretty interesting that the same people complaining about that are FOR open borders and illegals getting full government benefits!

rusty

Postby rusty » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:58 am

SS and Medicare are not entitlements.

Medicaid is an entitlement.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:06 am

kent wrote:
GFB wrote:

I beg to differ, it IS my money. For the past 40 years, I have had nearly 8% taken out of my check along with the employer paying 8%. that's my money. Yes, it was used to fund older folks, fine. The problem is, Congress "borrowed" the SS money to fund their pet, feel good projects.

Democrats don't like the revamping of the tax code because it doesn't punish corporations or "the rich"; it doesn't set earning limits.

As for outsourcing jobs, it's pretty interesting that the same people complaining about that are FOR open borders and illegals getting full government benefits!

This is why it is an entitlement.

You and LL believe it is your money, and are entitled to it.

It could be cut at any time to whatever Congress thinks it should be.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

kent

Postby kent » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:21 am

GFB wrote:
kent wrote:
GFB wrote:

This is why it is an entitlement.

You and LL believe it is your money, and are entitled to it.

It could be cut at any time to whatever Congress thinks it should be.

and they would be stealing the money they took from my paycheck. Simple.

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:31 am

Mark wrote:Somebody needs to tell me how tax cuts add to the deficit. The only way to believe that is to believe that the government owns all the fruits of your labor.

The only thing that creates deficits is spending. Don't like deficits? Then advocate spending cuts.

Uncle Sam will borrow more money.

Uncle Sam didn't cut spending when they cut taxes.

I want spending cuts, the fool's we elected don't.
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

Return to “Your first forum”