Fun family outing in Euless

Description of your first forum.
jellowrestling

Fun family outing in Euless

Postby jellowrestling » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:16 pm

Showplace Lanes has reopened in Euless: it's now called Bowlero. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a place like Main Event, but Sunday evenings after 6pm, it's $3.09 per game (i.e., per "line", as we used to say in the old days), and $3.09 for shoe rental. It was busier than usual this evening, but they have 52 lanes, so we had no trouble getting right in.

One other thing: the rails are either up or down; you can't program it to change for each bowler if you have a little one.

crocmommy

Re: Fun family outing in Euless

Postby crocmommy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:36 pm

Need to swing by there some day. We live about 5 min from there.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:11 pm

crocmommy wrote:Need to swing by there some day. We live about 5 min from there.

I posted this for you!

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:45 pm

Haven't been forever, but way back when I used to love bowling.

Two things remained a mystery though. No matter how many times I watched someone keep score, I could not figure it out for anything.

Also, never could understand the shoe thing..just seemed like unnecessary weirdness.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:11 am

jellowrestling wrote:
crocmommy wrote:Need to swing by there some day. We live about 5 min from there.

I posted this for you!

You do know that Gump is over at that bowling alley often??

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:01 am

Haven't bowled for years. Question? What do you do with old bowling balls? I have 2.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:14 pm

planosteve wrote:Haven't bowled for years. Question? What do you do with old bowling balls? I have 2.

I could ask Gump for you.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:59 pm

GFB wrote:Haven't been forever, but way back when I used to love bowling.

Two things remained a mystery though. No matter how many times I watched someone keep score, I could not figure it out for anything.

Also, never could understand the shoe thing..just seemed like unnecessary weirdness.

I have been told by people that bowl that most bowlers don't know how to keep score. I have always had the impression that bowling was mainly popular in large northeastern cities and that it is fading away as a pastime.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:49 pm

I always thought it was an excuse to drink beer ! :P

I am a never Hillaryite!

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:50 am

Kiamichi wrote:

I have been told by people that bowl that most bowlers don't know how to keep score. I have always had the impression that bowling was mainly popular in large northeastern cities and that it is fading away as a pastime.

Learned to keep score when I was about 9 years old. I figure most people don't know how to keep score now because it's all done electronically.

GFB, I could explain it to you in 60 seconds, and you would understand it. It's very easy. Maybe 30 seconds.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:42 am

jellowrestling wrote:
Kiamichi wrote:

Learned to keep score when I was about 9 years old. I figure most people don't know how to keep score now because it's all done electronically.

GFB, I could explain it to you in 60 seconds, and you would understand it. It's very easy. Maybe 30 seconds.

I understand it but glad I don't have to figure it myself. Bowling is supposed to be fun.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:24 am

crocmommy wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:
Kiamichi wrote:I have been told by people that bowl that most bowlers don't know how to keep score. I have always had the impression that bowling was mainly popular in large northeastern cities and that it is fading away as a pastime.

I understand it but glad I don't have to figure it myself. Bowling is supposed to be fun.

Well, it IS a bit of a chore, especially when you have four or five people.

Jami

Postby Jami » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:36 pm

planosteve wrote:Haven't bowled for years. Question? What do you do with old bowling balls? I have 2.

Paint them to look like a lady bug and put them in a flower bed.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:15 pm

:D
Jami wrote:

Paint them to look like a lady bug and put them in a flower bed.

:D

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:07 pm

crocmommy wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:
Kiamichi wrote:I have been told by people that bowl that most bowlers don't know how to keep score. I have always had the impression that bowling was mainly popular in large northeastern cities and that it is fading away as a pastime.

Crocmommy, I don't think it's available at Bowlero, but do you know about the Kids Bowl Free program? Our grandson is signed up at Alley Cats in Hurst (by where Putt-Putt used to be). Our son got a Family Pass for (I believe) $36, so we all go together (Jello I/II/III, mom, grandma). We all have shoes, too; not sure if you can get a shoe rental pass (in the FAQ, it says it may be an option; not sure about Alley Cats). Jello III also gets a $5 video game card each time he bowls.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:27 pm

jellowrestling wrote:
crocmommy wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:Learned to keep score when I was about 9 years old. I figure most people don't know how to keep score now because it's all done electronically.

Crocmommy, I don't think it's available at Bowlero, but do you know about the Kids Bowl Free program? Our grandson is signed up at Alley Cats in Hurst (by where Putt-Putt used to be). Our son got a Family Pass for (I believe) $36, so we all go together (Jello I/II/III, mom, grandma). We all have shoes, too; not sure if you can get a shoe rental pass (in the FAQ, it says it may be an option; not sure about Alley Cats). Jello III also gets a $5 video game card each time he bowls.

Wonder what ages it goes up to? We haven't been bowling in a long time.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:42 pm

crocmommy wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:
crocmommy wrote:

15 and under. Sorry, I meant to include the link:

https://www.kidsbowlfree.com/

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:52 am

jellowrestling wrote:
crocmommy wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:Crocmommy, I don't think it's available at Bowlero, but do you know about the Kids Bowl Free program? Our grandson is signed up at Alley Cats in Hurst (by where Putt-Putt used to be). Our son got a Family Pass for (I believe) $36, so we all go together (Jello I/II/III, mom, grandma). We all have shoes, too; not sure if you can get a shoe rental pass (in the FAQ, it says it may be an option; not sure about Alley Cats). Jello III also gets a $5 video game card each time he bowls.

I drove by there this morning and saw the "kids bowl free" sign. There is alot to do there too.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:10 am

crocmommy wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:
crocmommy wrote:

I drove by there this morning and saw the "kids bowl free" sign. There is alot to do there too.

We're going this evening; I'll try to remember to ask if a summer pass for shoe rentals can be purchased.

Return to “Your first forum”