Discount Tires

Description of your first forum.
crocmommy

Discount Tires

Postby crocmommy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:53 pm

I had two bad wheels so ended up replacing them this morning. Never mind the stupid thing I did. Anyway, I was told that the Ford wheels are very expensive to replace so I should order the ones I was shown. Okay I did that. BUT, I had to ASK for my two good wheels back. Apparently DT wasn't even going to offer to give them back to me. When I asked, the guy said "Oh you want those??". Sure of course I do, they are good and worth some money. Wonder what DT is going to do with them?? Sell them and make even more money off my stupidity?? I think it is unethical that they don't offer. They are just hoping you don't say anything so they can keep them and sell them to some reseller I'm guessing....

Sangersteve

Re: Discount Tires

Postby Sangersteve » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:30 pm

They should have loaded them up for you without asking.

Reason number 759 why we use an independent store for tires.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

Mark

Postby Mark » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:11 pm

I would have contacted a wrecking yard to find me a couple of used Ford wheels.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

By popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:12 am

The Discount Tire store I use is excellent; I can't imagine that they would do something like that.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:49 am

There's a company in Forney that repairs damaged aluminum wheels.

I've never been much of a fan of putting aftermarket wheels on a vehicle. They are nearly always universal in some way, and don't fit the hubs the same way the OEM wheels do. Virtually all OEM wheels are hub centric, while most aftermarket wheels are lug centric.

By popular request:

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:52 am

Sangersteve wrote:They should have loaded them up for you without asking.

Wheels? Tires? Messed up wheels? Replace the messed up wheels? Put the good wheels in the back?

There is a difference btw tires and wheels, thus, generally speaking, a wheel is a round object with a hub and an axle. A tire is the rubber part of a wheel that grips the road. One tends to replace the one but not often (one hopes) the other.

Right? Otherwise, I'm confused. (Not a terribly rare state for me.)
All Life is Feudal

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:42 am

Mayhem, I think most people got it so I'm not going to draw you a picture.

Anyway, yes I know I probably should have tried finding the wheels somewhere else. But I am in the middle of tax season and don't feel like fooling with it. Actually, I should have just kept driving my husband's car and made him deal with discount tire. Believe me, I told him that. I at least had the presence of mind to ask for the good wheels back.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:32 pm

crocmommy wrote:Mayhem, I think most people got it so I'm not going to draw :D you a picture.

Anyway, yes I know I probably should have tried finding the wheels somewhere else. But I am in the middle of tax season and don't feel like fooling with it. Actually, I should have just kept driving my husband's car and made him deal with discount tire. Believe me, I told him that. I at least had the presence of mind to ask for the good wheels back.

Sic'em :D

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:47 pm

I'm so sorry I was confused. I meant no offense. I was simply trying to understand.

I'm guessing that will not happen again.

crocmommy wrote:Mayhem, I think most people got it so I'm not going to draw you a picture.

All Life is Feudal

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:52 pm

mayhem wrote:

Wheels? Tires? Messed up wheels? Replace the messed up wheels? Put the good wheels in the back?

There is a difference btw tires and wheels, thus, generally speaking, a wheel is a round object with a hub and an axle. A tire is the rubber part of a wheel that grips the road. One tends to replace the one but not often (one hopes) the other.

I don't really see that anyone else was confused. I think you are just doing what you do to get attention. This is not one of the usual political threads where it is easy for you to start something, but I see you managed anyway. I'm done responding to you.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:22 am

crocmommy wrote:
mayhem wrote:

I don't really see that anyone else was confused. I think you are just doing what you do to get attention. This is not one of the usual political threads where it is easy for you to start something, but I see you managed anyway. I'm done responding to you.

Welcome to the club. As I have long said, when it comes to Waterhead: Ignoration is bliss.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:34 am

jellowrestling wrote:
crocmommy wrote:
mayhem wrote:

Welcome to the club. As I have long said, when it comes to Waterhead: Ignoration is bliss.

He just needs to stay off my topics. It's not like I'm bringing up anything controversial.

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:27 am

jellowrestling wrote:
crocmommy wrote:
mayhem wrote:

Ignoring that dumbass has reduced my stress level.

By popular request:

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:43 am

Not that it was needed (I intended no offense), I did apologize for my comments.

mayhem wrote:

All Life is Feudal

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:45 am

Here. (No credit for this? Figures.)

mayhem wrote:I'm so sorry I was confused. I meant no offense. I was simply trying to understand.

I'm guessing that will not happen again.

crocmommy wrote:Mayhem, I think most people got it so I'm not going to draw you a picture.

All Life is Feudal

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:48 am

This submission might have been interesting had Gerbil Dancing had suggested how and where I have made any pertinent errors due to my ignorance.

jellowrestling wrote:
crocmommy wrote:
mayhem wrote:

All Life is Feudal

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:27 am

I had C'mommy on ignore until recently (back she goes ... I doubt that will make her day!) And I ain't likely to sneak a peek while logged out.

So, the reality that no one else was confused? That means I couldn't possibly have been confused? Is that what you are suggesting? I'm usually confused 8 or 10 times before breakfast. I told you in a private note that I don't lie. Like it or not, I was confused as I thought you were saying your wheels were the problem ... still don't know for sure about that.

So, I responded to you honestly and you say all I'm doing is to 'get attention'? And that makes me different how? I dunno the numbers, but I'm purty shur I make fewer power/attention grabbing moves than the top 10. I mainly respond to right-wing/alt-right whackjobs. Can't imagine what Gerbil Dancing would do without my contribution towards his bliss in absentia.

1. I'm 'here' to have fun, 2. possibly learn something, and 3. to do battle with the above whackjobs. I'm delighted to find myself placed on ignore bec. that means I'm probably on to something.

I'm not really 'here' to be nasty. It's like Sara Huckabee Sanders says about little dumpling: when I get pushed, I push back. If you don't like the way I push, don't look.

It should be said, however, I am embarrassed and offended by many of the nut/whack job radicals who anger most of you.

Bye, bye again, C'mommy. Sometimes you're a real crock. (--/

Mark wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:
crocmommy wrote:

All Life is Feudal

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:30 am

Mork!! nanu, nanu ... that's what I am going for!!

Mark wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:
crocmommy wrote:

All Life is Feudal

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:49 am

mayhem wrote:I had C'mommy on ignore until recently (back she goes ... I doubt that will make her day!) And I ain't likely to sneak a peek while logged out.

So, the reality that no one else was confused? That means I couldn't possibly have been confused? Is that what you are suggesting? I'm usually confused 8 or 10 times before breakfast. I told you in a private note that I don't lie. Like it or not, I was confused as I thought you were saying your wheels were the problem ... still don't know for sure about that.

So, I responded to you honestly and you say all I'm doing is to 'get attention'? And that makes me different how? I dunno the numbers, but I'm purty shur I make fewer power/attention grabbing moves than the top 10. I mainly respond to right-wing/alt-right whackjobs. Can't imagine what Gerbil Dancing would do without my contribution towards his bliss in absentia.

1. I'm 'here' to have fun, 2. possibly learn something, and 3. to do battle with the above whackjobs. I'm delighted to find myself placed on ignore bec. that means I'm probably on to something.

I'm not really 'here' to be nasty. It's like Sara Huckabee Sanders says about little dumpling: when I get pushed, I push back. If you don't like the way I push, don't look.

It should be said, however, I am embarrassed and offended by many of the nut/whack job radicals who anger most of you.

Bye, bye again, C'mommy. Sometimes you're a real crock. (--/

Mark wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:Welcome to the club. As I have long said, when it comes to Waterhead: Ignoration is bliss.

Couple of things....

1. I would wonder how many members here have YOU on ignore vs. me? I'm such a troll around here.
2. I decided against responding to your PM. I am not getting into a debate over your reasoning and what your intentions are.
3. Some of the others here annoy me just as much. If they had come in on my question trying to stir things up I'd be addressing them too. And I don't read most of the topics here for that very reason. So when I come on here with an honest question/comment, I would appreciate those who really aren't interested in contributing something meaningful to move along. Poke your stick at someone else please. And I doubt you really keep me on ignore.

Ric

Postby Ric » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:59 am

Mark wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:
crocmommy wrote:

HAHAAHAHAHA!
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

Return to “Your first forum”