A hand tool for cutting grass

Description of your first forum.
LibraryLady2

A hand tool for cutting grass

Postby LibraryLady2 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:45 pm

What do you call this tool?
Here is a survey showing all the names that the tool is called.
http://dare.wisc.edu/survey-results/1965-1970/farming/l37

We call it a yo-yo.
yo-yo.jpg
yo-yo.jpg (8.62 KiB) Viewed 771 times
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

jellowrestling

Re: A hand tool for cutting grass

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:54 pm

Grass scythe is what we always called.

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:12 pm

Ankle biter, we said Yoyo
It's a joke son,I say a joke

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:07 pm

They were also called idiot sticks.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:32 pm

A Yoyo, and a &@$(*><)@#%# :D

I am a never Hillaryite!

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:10 am

Red Oak wrote:A Yoyo, and a &@$(*><)@#%# :D

:D

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:04 pm

sling blade (S Appalachian if that means much)
All Life is Feudal

PlanoSooner

Postby PlanoSooner » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:19 pm

I seen Jesse Dixon layin' on top of her, hmm. He was havin' his way with her. Hmm. Well, I just seen red. I picked up a Kaiser Blade that was sittin' there by the screen door. Some folks call it a Sling Blade, I call it a Kaiser Blade. It's kindly a wood handle, kind of like an axe handle. With a long blade on it shaped kinda like a bananer. Mhm. Sharp on one edge, and dull on the other. Mhm. It's what the highway boys use to cut down weeds and whatnot. Well, I went in there, in the house, and I hit Jesse Dixon upside the head with it, knocked him off my mother, mhm. I reckon that didn't quite satisfy me. So I hit him again with it in the neck, the sharp edge, and just plumb near cut his head off, killed him. My mother she jumped up and started hollerin' "What'd you kill Jesse fur? What'd you kill Jesse fur?" Well... come to find out I don't think my mother minded what Jesse was a-doin' to her. I reckon that made me madder that what Jesse'd made me. So I take the Kaiser Blade, some folks call it a Sling Blade, I call it a Kaiser Blade, and I hit my mother upside the head with it. Killed her.
Better Ingredients..... Better Moderators....

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:17 am

PlanoSooner wrote:I seen Jesse Dixon layin' on top of her, hmm. He was havin' his way with her. Hmm. Well, I just seen red. I picked up a Kaiser Blade that was sittin' there by the screen door. Some folks call it a Sling Blade, I call it a Kaiser Blade. It's kindly a wood handle, kind of like an axe handle. With a long blade on it shaped kinda like a bananer. Mhm. Sharp on one edge, and dull on the other. Mhm. It's what the highway boys use to cut down weeds and whatnot. Well, I went in there, in the house, and I hit Jesse Dixon upside the head with it, knocked him off my mother, mhm. I reckon that didn't quite satisfy me. So I hit him again with it in the neck, the sharp edge, and just plumb near cut his head off, killed him. My mother she jumped up and started hollerin' "What'd you kill Jesse fur? What'd you kill Jesse fur?" Well... come to find out I don't think my mother minded what Jesse was a-doin' to her. I reckon that made me madder that what Jesse'd made me. So I take the Kaiser Blade, some folks call it a Sling Blade, I call it a Kaiser Blade, and I hit my mother upside the head with it. Killed her.

Ok Billy Bob. :D

Return to “Your first forum”