“Do you want your children back?”

Description of your first forum.
Bob Of Burleson

“Do you want your children back?”

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:52 am

By Anna M. Tinsley
atinsley@star-telegram.com

Texas is running out of room to house the thousands of Central American children who illegally crossed the border.

And U.S. Rep. Kay Granger said Saturday that the solution is not to continue piling them into bus stations and other makeshift shelters — including unused schools in North Texas — as officials try to find the best way to return the children safely to their families in countries as far away as Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador.

“I’m having a real problem with what we are doing with these children,” said Granger, R-Fort Worth, who is leading the select group of Republican lawmakers studying the border crisis. “These children look just dazed.

“Some of those kids are being moved as many as three times a day and they don’t know where they are,” she said Saturday. “How do we deal with this?”

Granger, whose group’s recommendations on what should be done are expected to be made public as soon as Tuesday, has traveled with other congressional leaders to Guatemala, Honduras and the Texas border to see the growing humanitarian crisis firsthand.

. . .

When she and other congressional leaders visited Honduras and Guatemala recently, the first question they asked leaders there was, “Do you want your children back?”

“They were adamant, of course, that they want their children back,” Granger said. “So we wanted to know how we can help them with that.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/07/19 ... rylink=cpy

planosteve

Re: “Do you want your children back?”

Postby planosteve » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:59 am

Sure the leaders want them back. So, they can be forced into the gangs that are causing the violence and are the resason their parents got them out of the country in the first place. Granger is an idiot!
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:41 am

How many will you house, Planosteve? They need to go back to their home countries and quickly. I'm very worried about a pandemic here.

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:43 am

Granger is one of the few people in this whole immigration mess who's making sense

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:06 am

Bob Of Burleson wrote:Granger is one of the few people in this whole immigration mess who's making sense
Yes, it makes sense if you support the junta that created the hellish conditions that forced parents to send their children away as their only hope for them to survive. Then it makes sense.

kent

Postby kent » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:50 am

so what's your solution, steve?

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:59 am

HOUSTON, Texas—An elite, law-enforcement sensitive El Paso Intelligence Center (EPIC) intel report from July 7, 2014 was leaked to Breitbart Texas and reveals that homicide rates in Central America suggest violence is likely not the primary cause of the surge of thousands of unaccompanied minors and incomplete family units illegally entering the United States.

The EPIC report indicates that the belief among the illegal immigrants that they would receive permisos and be allowed to stay was the driving factor in their choices to come to the United States and that the crisis will continue until 'misperceptions' about U.S. immigration benefits were no longer prevalent . The report also states that the migrants cited Univision and other other outlets as having shaped their views on U.S. immigration policy. Another implication of the report is that family members already in the U.S. are encouraging the minors to come and organizing the travel with smugglers. EPIC is a widely respected intelligence analysis group and was initially staffed by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).
It's a joke son,I say a joke

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:05 am

kent wrote:so what's your solution, steve?
The first step is always to correctly analyze the problem. Otherwise, any "solution" won't work. We haven't done that because the govt. is never going to blame itself. But, massive waves of immigration do not suddenly occur unless it is a life and death situation.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:37 am

Steve-O did you ever consider that a considerable number of these invaders are Gangsters, transported by Gangsters, and the few that are not will be recruited as Gangsters ?

Last year 2013 - how many Guats received Refugee Status in the US ?

Go look it up.

I am a never Hillaryite!

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:52 am

Red Oak wrote:Steve-O did you ever consider that a considerable number of these invaders are Gangsters, transported by Gangsters, and the few that are not will be recruited as Gangsters ?

Last year 2013 - how many Guats received Refugee Status in the US ?

Go look it up.

Gangsters by force mostly. Not by choice. That is the problem. The regime we overthrew, we replaced with a govt. of gangsters in Honduras. Now, you either join a gang or die. But, the profits go into the pockets of the wealthy ruling families.

FlashM

Postby FlashM » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:28 am

I think we should helicopter them en masse to the front lawn of whatever serves as a White House for the president of Mexico.
Closing Time. Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

scarlett~nc

Postby scarlett~nc » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:11 am

solution is easy ..send billions of dollars to these countries , that should take care of it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ugeek:

scarlett~nc

Postby scarlett~nc » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:13 am

FlashM wrote:I think we should helicopter them en masse to the front lawn of whatever serves as a White House for the president of Mexico.

White House and Obama's future home in Hawaii ...I'll send money to get them there !

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:27 pm

Planosteve hasn't answered how many of these "children" he will take into his home.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:19 pm

ann jusko wrote:Planosteve hasn't answered how many of these "children" he will take into his home.
I'll take as many as my wife will let me take. :D

Trixie

Postby Trixie » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:45 pm

Rep. Granger is the only one with any common sense to this matter, and she'll work to get something done that will work for all parties involved. She pulls no punches.

Return to “Your first forum”