Nextdoor

Description of your first forum.
crocmommy

Nextdoor

Postby crocmommy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:08 am

Who uses it? I do. Mainly I use it to find out what is going on in my neighborhood. We have one unruly child we keep chatting about. I warned people about the snake. My dog gets loose and I hear about it on Nextdoor.

Yesterday, I asked for some dog stairs for my 13 year old poodle I got from my mom a few weeks ago. Two people offered to give me some. I've seen people ask for wheelchairs and crutches and get them.

IMHO, it's a good thing...

grouchy

Re: Nextdoor

Postby grouchy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:26 am

Sounds similar to a group site authority in our area.

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:17 pm

I use it.
I get a little tired of lost pets on it--and people not removing the message after the pet is found.

I appreciate getting some information about what is going on in the 'hood from the neighbors.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:29 pm

I joined for a while a couple of years ago.

I tried once to rally people to help clear the bums away from the CVS and a few other places. The response I got was that these people get to sleep on the streets and do whatever they want.

I dropped out.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Jami

Postby Jami » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:51 pm

I use it mainly to read other people's posts. I think the only time I've posted was to advertise a garage sale.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:02 am

GFB wrote:I joined for a while a couple of years ago.

I tried once to rally people to help clear the bums away from the CVS and a few other places. The response I got was that these people get to sleep on the streets and do whatever they want.

I dropped out.

Anywhere people are sharing their opinions on homelessness, there are always two sides. If you aren't on the side on HANDING OVER YOUR MONEY to them, there is a vocal minority who is insistent on shaming you...will even harrass you by private message. They are not going to run me off.

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:25 am

My wife has learned about coyote and bobcat in the neighborhood. Last winter when it was the coldest a photo of the feral cat that adopted our backyard last summer when our granddaughter fed it showed up, wife said we were feeding it. Turned out the lady who posted was keeping the cat indoors for a few hours, but couldn't over night, another family said the cat was staying nights in their heated garage.

That cat and 3 others left the street when 2 neighbors moved in the same week in April. Neither were the people who kept the cat warm.
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:15 pm

crocmommy wrote:
GFB wrote:I joined for a while a couple of years ago.

I dropped out.

Anywhere people are sharing their opinions on homelessness, there are always two sides. If you aren't on the side on HANDING OVER YOUR MONEY to them, there is a vocal minority who is insistent on shaming you...will even harrass you by private message. They are not going to run me off.

I'm with you. The people you are most likely to give money to are the scammers.

Return to “Your first forum”