Mini Rant - Rangers at Astros

Description of your first forum.
bodine

Mini Rant - Rangers at Astros

Postby bodine » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:56 am

I took my bride to the Astros - Rangers game Saturday to watch Justin Verlander pitch. Good seats, a little beyond and up from 1st base. On the aisle, too, so I would have leg room.

Except for the fact that the Astros played like crap, it was fun. I like the Rangers, too. Rangers took advantage of mistakes, and looked like the team that went to back to back World Series.

HOWEVER.....

I have never seen such a parade of folks up and down the aisle. We missed lots of action because people were in the way. Little kids running up and down, oblivious to line drives (one did come into the section next to us). And it was the same folks, over and over.

Next time, we'll sit in the cheap seats, where you can actually watch the game.

Rant over.

BigTex

Re: Mini Rant - Rangers at Astros

Postby BigTex » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:03 am

One of the reasons I don't go to games anymore.

Even sitting in the band parents section at football games was annoying as hell. I always left after the halftime show.

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:18 am

I like to sit in the front row of the upper deck.

Those Astros are really missing Correa and Altuve right now. The offense isn't working, and the defense isn't working.

tx3653

Postby tx3653 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:21 am

I haven't been to a sporting event for several years. You wonder why someone pays so much to go to a game then spends more time walking in front of you than in their seat. The game view is always better on TV at home. No ticket and parking charge, the beer & food is much cheaper, no one walking or standing in front of you, no idiots yelling out crap around you, no one with a big stupid hat or sign in front of you and the best of all reasons, the mute button and the ability to change channels when the game goes to crap.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:46 am

Mostly I watch Ranger games at home. However I got 2 free tickets last Wednesday and took my 11 year old daughter. We get to park free in the Six Flags lot because of our passes which is not a far walk. Anyway, we sat pretty much wherever we wanted in the Upper deck to watch them play the A's. I did come to one conclusion...the Rangers need to stop pitching to Khris davis and just walk him every single time. I see no good reason to pitch to him. He hit TWO homers off Ranger pitching that night.

bodine

Postby bodine » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:34 am

Earlier this year we sat in the Crawford boxes for the first and last times. Seats are so narrow, you are wedged into them. I missed two home run balls because I couldn't get out of the seat fast enough. One bounced off the wall and was caught by the guy two rows in front of me, the other by a guy one row down and one seat over.

I would much rather watch games at home. But this was a treat; wife wanted to see Verlander pitch. Who am I to disappoint?

Our HS football seats were at the top of the stadium. Sounds weird, but that is the best way to watch the OL play, which was of interest to us. At the college level, our seats were always down low, you couldn't see plays develop. The home seats were worse than away seats. I started buying seats up high off of stub hub so we could watch the line play. At Purdue, getting good seats wasn't a problem, or expensive...

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:57 am

bodine wrote:Earlier this year we sat in the Crawford boxes for the first and last times. Seats are so narrow, you are wedged into them. I missed two home run balls because I couldn't get out of the seat fast enough. One bounced off the wall and was caught by the guy two rows in front of me, the other by a guy one row down and one seat over.

I would much rather watch games at home. But this was a treat; wife wanted to see Verlander pitch. Who am I to disappoint?

Our HS football seats were at the top of the stadium. Sounds weird, but that is the best way to watch the OL play, which was of interest to us. At the college level, our seats were always down low, you couldn't see plays develop. The home seats were worse than away seats. I started buying seats up high off of stub hub so we could watch the line play. At Purdue, getting good seats wasn't a problem, or expensive...

While watching Tanner and Trey play football we always sit in the top row. For baseball, if they are not pitching I stand either along the 1st base line for Tanner or the 3rd base line for Trey.

bodine

Postby bodine » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:17 pm

grouchy wrote:
bodine wrote:Earlier this year we sat in the Crawford boxes for the first and last times. Seats are so narrow, you are wedged into them. I missed two home run balls because I couldn't get out of the seat fast enough. One bounced off the wall and was caught by the guy two rows in front of me, the other by a guy one row down and one seat over.

While watching Tanner and Trey play football we always sit in the top row. For baseball, if they are not pitching I stand either along the 1st base line for Tanner or the 3rd base line for Trey.

When son pitched; it was impossible to stay in one place. I tended to pace...

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:23 pm

grouchy wrote:

Top row is where all the Old Coaches sit...

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:11 am

Kela has been traded now.

So who else do you all think will be traded? Gallo, Andrus, Beltre, Profar, choo, etc??

(hope not Beltre)

Return to “Your first forum”