Say all you craft beer people

Description of your first forum.
Sangersteve

Say all you craft beer people

Postby Sangersteve » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:11 pm

My lovely wife has pretty close relatives that own a brewery, they manufacture Beer and soda pop. The soda pop is really good.

So on a recent trip to Milwaukee for a trade show Donna made time to go and visit her cousins at the Sprecher brewery. After they reminisced about the childhood memories in North Dakota, the cousins helped Donna with the selection of four cases of their most popular craft beers.

Now I am not opposed to a little scurry down the lane into craft beers, my goto daily is Miller Lite.

So after a proper chill down period I chose an Imperial stout to begin my journey.

It has all of the notes of burning treated lumber with a flavor of old transmission fluid with an after taste of mulch, poured it out after the second sip.

Next up Commando, I think they got that name from it's ability to combine the aroma of weeks old gym socks and a flavor reminiscent of hot asphalt, that one only got one sip.

So I took a break of a couple of weeks before another taste test.

Up to bat, Scotch Ale, all I can say is skunk and shingles. I was forced to lick one of the cats to get the taste out of my mouth. I literally poured out all six of those, I wouldn't make mayhem try that stuff.

So this evening I found a Pilsner, hey that sounds like something I could get behind. Smells OK, carp how did they make it taste like Alpo smells? Down the drain with you because it might kill the grass.

One last try, India Pale Ale. Nope, it tastes like lamp oil and PVC pipe, with an after taste of white glue and pine tar.

How the heck are these guys related to my wife?
It's a joke son,I say a joke

GFB

Re: Say all you craft beer people

Postby GFB » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:35 pm

Sangersteve wrote:My lovely wife has pretty close relatives that own a brewery, they manufacture Beer and soda pop. The soda pop is really good.

So on a recent trip to Milwaukee for a trade show Donna made time to go and visit her cousins at the Sprecher brewery. After they reminisced about the childhood memories in North Dakota, the cousins helped Donna with the selection of four cases of their most popular craft beers.

Now I am not opposed to a little scurry down the lane into craft beers, my goto daily is Miller Lite.

So after a proper chill down period I chose an Imperial stout to begin my journey.

It has all of the notes of burning treated lumber with a flavor of old transmission fluid with an after taste of mulch, poured it out after the second sip.

Next up Commando, I think they got that name from it's ability to combine the aroma of weeks old gym socks and a flavor reminiscent of hot asphalt, that one only got one sip.

So I took a break of a couple of weeks before another taste test.

Up to bat, Scotch Ale, all I can say is skunk and shingles. I was forced to lick one of the cats to get the taste out of my mouth. I literally poured out all six of those, I wouldn't make mayhem try that stuff.

So this evening I found a Pilsner, hey that sounds like something I could get behind. Smells OK, carp how did they make it taste like Alpo smells? Down the drain with you because it might kill the grass.

One last try, India Pale Ale. Nope, it tastes like lamp oil and PVC pipe, with an after taste of white glue and pine tar.

How the heck are these guys related to my wife?

As the Three Stooges would say..

“Glad you enjoyed it..don’t forget to tell your friends!”
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:39 pm

I takes a while to appreciate real beer and ale after years of drinking sex in a canoe beer :D

I am a never Hillaryite!

tx3653

Postby tx3653 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:46 pm

I'm just wondering when/why you tasted all those vile things you compared the beer to?

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:36 am

I call that stuff hipster beer. The worse it tastes, the better the hipsters like it.

Perhaps if you'd put your hair in a bun and worn a flannel shirt and some skinny jeans, you would have appreciated it more?

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:17 am

most American craft beers taste nasty . I dislike the 'india pale ales' but like some 'stouts' . Seems that most craft beers go for stupid names that are stupid . I like Fosters Green Bitters whatever BITTERS is supposed to mean . Also the Fosters Blue can 'lager' is good . Many English beers are good and the old fall back Pabst is fine .

Return to “Your first forum”